Melbourne Football

David Villa

kingofhearts

He is a football predator and as such not the bloke I expected to see running all over the place. Sure it didn't look great a few times seeing him not track back, but on the other hand he saved us in two games and always looked dangerous the times he had the ball.

I stayed behind with the kids last night hoping to see him, so was disappointed he didn't come around.. but neither did most of the team and considering the deflation of the performance, you can understand why they didn't.

For all you however that think he doesn't give a toss and has already pissed off; well he trained fully with the rest of the team this morning. He then came by and met us and took a photo with my two kids. A memory they will always have.

We are miles away from the bustle of European football, so I will forever be grateful having the opportunity to see this great of the game play in the flesh. Despite that it may not go down as a success, it's something I will always treasure.

Indeed.  I like to see strikers work hard, but when they are Villa's class I am more tolerant.  I thought he was great vs Adelaide BTW.  A threat all night, (when his numpty team mates decided to play him in).

Basically I think the club was at fault here.  Because they are a branch office of a bigger organisation they are just forced to toe the line BUT from a football perspective having Villa for a few days before the first game and then him only staying for 4 games was never going to work.  Ok class players don't need long - but what about his non-class slow learner team mates?

Last night Villa showed why he is a cut above pretty much all the players on the pitch. He skinned Mabil a vew times and shimmied and shaked around the goal mouth and gave Galeko plenty to think about. The trouble was that most of our players can't think as fast on their feet as Villa does. He expects early balls fast and to his feet so he can out dribble and out shimmy the opponents. Most our our players just don't understand how to play with him. And they never will.

All these versions of why Villa played like he did, Well for my twopennuth, why oh why was he played out of position. He is a STRIKER for gods sake Not and i say it again NOT a winger so why was he played there, completely baffles me.

You're not Robinson Crusoe there johnno.

Let's see who did we have up front?  David Villa, Mate Duga and Damien Duff?

Duff has played his whole career on the left wing and was at one stage world class.  We play him on the right.

Villa is one of the best strikers in the world.  We play him on the left, instead of Duff.

Duga can only play right wing, so we put him as striker, instead of Villa.

Having listened to JVS talk about football, I have no doubt he knows his stuff, but this line up bamboozled me.  

I can see that the brief from JVS to Duga was to "press press press" and of those 3, he was best suited to the task, but whilst it was admirable, it didn't seem to achieve a lot.

• Like 3

All these versions of why Villa played like he did, Well for my twopennuth, why oh why was he played out of position. He is a STRIKER for gods sake Not and i say it again NOT a winger so why was he played there, completely baffles me.

You're not Robinson Crusoe there johnno.

Let's see who did we have up front?  David Villa, Mate Duga and Damien Duff?

Duff has played his whole career on the left wing and was at one stage world class.  We play him on the right.

Villa is one of the best strikers in the world.  We play him on the left, instead of Duff.

Duga can only play right wing, so we put him as striker, instead of Villa.

Having listened to JVS talk about football, I have no doubt he knows his stuff, but this line up bamboozled me.  

I can see that the brief from JVS to Duga was to "press press press" and of those 3, he was best suited to the task, but whilst it was admirable, it didn't seem to achieve a lot.

Is it any wonder we are playing as we do? A left winger playing on the right a striker playing on the left wing and a right winger playing Striker, someone should have a good hard look at themselves and ask why are we doing this because even blind Freddy would say that this is wrong.

Is it any wonder we are playing as we do? A left winger playing on the right a striker playing on the left wing and a right winger playing Striker, someone should have a good hard look at themselves and ask why are we doing this because even blind Freddy would say that this is wrong.

NEOzZ.gif

Edited by KSK_47
  • Like 1

1486666_10152364983247026_43417695816585

Thanks mates for make me feel one of you. It has been a great experience. You deserve the best! Come on Melbourne City FC!

whos that guy second from the left middle row?

Koren

who is he?

Nevermind.. you won't see him play anyway

Thanks mates for make me feel one of you. It has been a great experience. You deserve the best! Come on Melbourne City FC!

For someone who can't speak English, he sure can tweet in one! Good to know that he has pick up the language in such a short time here!! 

For someone who can't speak English, he sure can tweet in one! Good to know that he has pick up the language in such a short time here!! 

He was talking To Mooy on Friday night when he was taking a free kick, I didn't know Mooy understood and talked Spanish, Interesting. 

David Villa thanks Melbourne City teammates by shouting them lunch before flying to New York

DAVID DAVUTOVIC

NOVEMBER 02, 2014

IF the jury is out about the David Villa experiment externally, the Melbourne City players certainly aren’t complaining.

Villa showed his class by shouting City players, coaching staff and officials lunch at his favourite Spanish restaurant on Saturday, Robert Burns Hotel in Collingwood, in what will almost certainly be his last Melbourne supper.

The World Cup winner ordered a Spanish spread of paella, homemade chorizo, barbecue meat skewers, cheese platters and sangria - though sources say the beverage, which was limited to the coach’s table, was barely touched.

With Argentine Jonatan Germano barely able to speak after copping a whack in the throat the night before, New York City FC’s head of sports science Oscar Pitillas - a former Olympic 400m hurdler - filled in as translator.

Villa stood and thanked everyone for making him feel welcome during his month-long stint on loan from New York City FC.

“It was a genuine, heartfelt thanks. He thanked the football staff, John van’t Schip, the players and Germano who helped him translate during his time in Melbourne,’’ a source said.

“He said that playing for Melbourne City was an honour — he thanked everyone for helping him feel part of the club and accommodating him from day one.

“With his family settling into New York, and with commitments with his club there, he said he would continue to follow the progress of the club regardless of what the outcome would be regarding a return to Melbourne City.”

Villa then requested a group shot, before the players lined up for individual snaps and got memorabilia signed, to round out the three-hour extravaganza.

He departed for New York on Saturday night, a day after the 2-1 loss to Adelaide United.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/david-villa-thanks-melbourne-city-teammates-by-shouting-them-lunch-before-flying-to-new-york/story-fnk6rlg0-1227110071778?nk=141d80ed77558650b98429cc2bd47870

Edited by Murfy1