FFA cup looms large !!! 

TANDO (GK) 

Hoffman       Chapman     Kisnorbo     Garuccio

Germano

Mooy            Mauk

Duga                                                    Brown

Williams

Bench - Redders (GK), Ramsay, Murdocca, Wielaert, Melling

So far I think you pretty close, unless Germano goes to RB, but JVS seems to like the Hoff and he did alright there.

It will be interesting to see what happens with signings, the weakest positions I see are the FB's, DM and striker.

I realy hope someone like Archibald or Shroen get's a bit of time, it would be interesting if they can step it up like Garruccio.

Here we go again .... 

FFA cup looms large !!! 

TANDO (GK)  - No

Hoffman - ?       Chapman - Yes    Kisnorbo - Yes     Garuccio - Yes (On the wing)

Germano - No

Mooy - Yes            Mauk - Yes

Duga  - Yes                                                 Brown  - Nope

Williams - No

Edited for who could take us to a position where we could shake things up in the finals. 

I don't think we're that far off, still have spots to strengthen. 

• Like 1

We are so fucked goal keeping wise.

Redders is a superb reflex goalkeeper but he turns into jelly whenever the ball enters the 18-yard box and as a result, makes far too many blunders.

I think out of the 2, Redders is far more likely to improve than Tando and with a much stronger contingency of players playing in front of him, hopefully he'll prove to be a more confident and capable player. 

Essentially I agree though, I'd much rather someone proven who's a lot more consistent as an entire team's good work can be undone by shit goalkeeping.

Redders is a decent keeper, but he has a tendency to have brain farts at awful times.

When you don't give Redders time to think he is good. The moment he has a chance to think about what to do he fucks up.

Perfect example: his many kicks into touch.

please keep him on the bench jvs

Here we go again .... 

FFA cup looms large !!! 

TANDO (GK)  - No

Hoffman - ?       Chapman - Yes    Kisnorbo - Yes     Garuccio - Yes (On the wing)

Germano - No

Mooy - Yes            Mauk - Yes

Duga  - Yes                                                 Brown  - Nope

Williams - No

Edited for who could take us to a position where we could shake things up in the finals. 

I don't think we're that far off, still have spots to strengthen. 

I think we're getting closer to what we need.

At the back I rate Redmayne much higher than Tando, and it does seem a pity that we re-signed the latter (yes, I've heard the arguments about the salary cap).

The back four also looks weak to me. Really only Kisnorbo, Wielaert and now Chapman. Most pressing seems a left-back. I hope we don't try to convert either Ramsay or Garuccio.

We seem to have plenty of midfielders once again. Mooy, Mauk, Melling, Murdocca and Kalmar, with Germano as a utility man.

On the right I think it's between Dugandzic and Brown, and on the left between Garuccio and Ramsay. Williams our only striker so far.

I still think we need strengthening at the back and up-front to be a real threat this coming season, but I'm more confident than a few weeks ago. Three good signings would make a hell of a difference. A lot will also  depend on whether JvS can get us to be consistent.

I still think we need a midfielder of quality. Looking at our starting 11, I'd almost say he needs to be a number 6, rather than a number 10 as previously thought. We have no one that's any good that can shield the back 4, but at the same time offer something going forward. Think Brattan, Milligan etc.

• Like 1

This will be the best squad we've ever had (obviously), so much depth and talent!

I reckon we have/need at least 3 starting 11 players to join before we're good enough, however:

Redmayne

Germano        Wielaert        Kisnorbo       ??????

??????

Mooy          Mauk
         Duga                                        Garuccio
                                 ??????

Bench (from): Ramsay, Murdocca, Williams, Hoffman, Velaphi, Kalmar, Chapman, Brown, Melling, Archibald.

Edited by LR9
  • Like 1

This will be the best squad we've ever had (obviously), so much depth and talent!

I reckon we have/need at least 3 starting 11 players to join before we're good enough, however:

Redmayne

??????

Mooy          Mauk

??????

Bench (from): Ramsay, Murdocca, Williams, Hoffman, Velaphi, Kalmar, Chapman, Brown, Melling, Archibald.

I do agree with this... although Germano needs to be at CDM and made able to go forward.

In saying that, it's clear where our teams weaknesses are. 

EDIT: I'd even be happy to play 3 in the back as a 3-4-1-2.

Redmayne/Felafel

Wielaert       Kisnorbo       Chapman                                 3

Germano/Mooy

Duga/Hoff                                        Garu/Ramsay                      4

Mooy/Mauk/Murdocca

Murdocca/Kalmar/Hoff                                            1

Kalmar/Duga               Williams/Kalmar                               2

The engine room are solid performers/gut runners. The Forwards are proven goal scorers... but will more than likely be replaced with further signings. Well, lets face it, no one is safe in this squad until the further signings have been made.

Edited by Deviant

I don't mind Garrucio at left back not like there are a lot of options out there, and JVS does like to play with an attacking fullback.

I've made it clear on these forums I really don't mind Hoffman at RB, but given Daniel Georgievski is available, we should try sign him up and have a top tier RB for this league's standard.

International marquee and another international for in midfield and on the left wing.

Josh Kennedy up front.

Offload Redders and get a good keeper.

Team is then sorted.

Redmayne

??????

Mooy          Mauk

??????

Like it.

Redmayne

Germano???     ??????        Kisnorbo       ??????

??????

Mooy          ???????
                                 ??????

Bench (from): Ramsay, Murdocca, Williams, Hoffman, Velaphi, Kalmar, Chapman, Brown, Melling, Archibald,Wielaert,Mauk

We need a minimum of 5 top players to fill those spots otherwise its going to be a very lean year

Aus Marquee

Int Marquee

Jnr Aus Marquee

So that leaves 4 players to splash out on of the highest quality possible

Agree with much of the above. 

My XI ATM:

Williams

Garuccio      Mooy       Dugandzic

Kalmar/Melling   Murdocca         

Chapman   Kisnorbo   Wielaert  Germano

Redmayne

Towards the end of the season JVS played Germano at RB a few times (e.g. away to Newcastle), so I think Germano could play there next season.

Does the club still have Philip Petreski? Apparently he was called up to Macedonia's U21 National Team this month, and he could be an option at LB.

My XI accounting for future signings:

Kennedy

Garuccio     Marquee     Dugandzic

Mooy   Murdocca

New LB Chapman  Kisnorbo/Wielaert Germano 

Redmayne

If Heart could get a good LB, and try to sign Erik Paartalu again and get him at third time of asking, and start Paartalu over Murdocca, that would complete a very strong squad. 

Heart will probably strengthen in attack a bit more (given that we have 0 zero strikers now, so I expect Kennedy and someone else to be signed), and maybe the club will use up a VISA spot on a new attacker.

All up I think the squad is being massively strengthened for next season, and will be challenging for top honours. Also the fact that WSW and victory, and a few other clubs, have been seriously weakened with important players leaving further assures that Heart's squad should have little difficulty in establishing itself as one of the best teams in the league.

• Like 1

Does the club still have Philip Petreski? Apparently he was called up to Macedonia's U21 National Team this month, and he could be an option at LB.

Saw an article about his call up and they said he was a Northcote player, so not sure if he is on loan there or we let him go. His call up seems to be part of an attempt over the last month to claim a number of players with multiple international options, so that probably helped him getting called up ahead of someone else. So probably not worth reading too much into it. It will be interesting to see if he plays.

Apparently more of a DM these days anyway.

Edited by Tesla

• 2 weeks later...

TANDO (GK) 

Mooy            Mauk

Duga                                                    Duff

Kennedy  VILLA

Bench - Redders (GK), Ramsay, Murdocca, Wielaert, Melling, Brown, Williams

Not looking half bad for Round 1

TANDO (GK) 

Mooy            Mauk

Kennedy  VILLA

I think Kennedy will be joining after the J-L season finishes, so we won't see Villa and JK together.

TANDO (GK) 

Mooy            Mauk

Kennedy  VILLA

I think Kennedy will be joining after the J-L season finishes, so we won't see Villa and JK together.

I think he will get an early release with abit of hush money from City  :)

Edited by AntiScum

IMO we desperately need a physical presence to anchor the midfield. Engelaar was that man, but since he's not re-signing i'm interested to know who we can get. Paartalu has been suggested and would be perfect for that role.

Fingers are still crossed on Engelaar signing ;)