Melbourne Football

James Brown

GreenSeater

Gone for the rest of the season with a foot injury according to JVS. 

Caused whilst committing a foul that earnt a yellow card.  In effect self inflicted.

Yes, stupid and unnecessary foul. Just like Chapman's brain fade, some of our players need to be told what their obligations are to the club in terms of discipline. So bloody irritating when little things like this can affect a whole season. Again weak bloody management.

Brown has not been in the side consistently as he has been out of form or injured. It won't affect the team at all - any effect will be felt if we continue to lose forwards to injuries and we run short of players. However I do agree that ill discipline is a problem but there is a fine line between being physical and on the blind side of the ref.

• 10 months later...
5 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Agree. Inb4 lock.

Not locking it. I said before the game that Brown should not have been selected for such an important match, and the blame should lie fairly and squarely at the feet of van 't Schip. This is Perth/FFA Cup all over again. The guy last played competitive football on 28th March 2015 - 30 minutes - so IMO it was complete madness to select him for such an important match as today. Poor team selection, poor football management by the Football Department, showing disrespect to the club's supporters. Absolutely furious with JvS over this.

• Like 3

14 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Not locking it. I said before the game that Brown should not have been selected for such an important match, and the blame should lie fairly and squarely at the feet of van 't Schip. This is Perth/FFA Cup all over again. The guy last played competitive football on 28th March 2015 - 30 minutes - so IMO it was complete madness to select him for such an important match as today. Poor team selection, poor football management by the Football Department, showing disrespect to the club's supporters. Absolutely furious with JvS over this.

Every game is important though, so what you are really saying is in your view he should never play again. Probably most on here would agree with that.

Ultimatrly though the gaffer has to pick the squad he thinks is the best available, but also he then had to live with the consequences of the performance of that squad.

Actually I know he lives in his own little world but I wouldn't have minded having Kuzi on the bench last night. Instead of propping and passing it back to kill time he would have done one of his step overs and taken on his man. At least he'd be trying to attack.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Every game is important though, so what you are really saying is in your view he should never play again. Probably most on here would agree with that.

Ultimatrly though the gaffer has to pick the squad he thinks is the best available, but also he then had to live with the consequences of the performance of that squad.

Actually I know he lives in his own little world but I wouldn't have minded having Kuzi on the bench last night. Instead of propping and passing it back to kill time he would have done one of his step overs and taken on his man. At least he'd be trying to attack.

Indeed, that is what I meant - neither Brown nor Marino (and absolutely not together) should have come from long-term injuries into the team for such a critical match this season. If we had to pick anyone as makeweights then of course it should have been Dekker and Kuzi - at the very least we know they are match-fit. Theoretically we can still win the double and that's what the whole season is about, and it's a ****ing insult to supporters and the rest of the club to be be playing silly buggers with selections while we have the chance to win something. Once I saw the bench I thought that we had little chance of winning - and so it turned out. And this is by no means the first time that we have seen this sort of thing.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 20 March 2015 at 11:45 PM, n i k o said:

The only sign I see is in another 20 rounds people will talk about that goal he scored against sydney and the pass he made in round 1. Id love to be wrong and see all our poor absent players reach their peak and be game changers but history has proven it just doesn't happen. They will disappear and be extremely average for large periods again.

Bump as a a example for those that think a player should now be elevated to first team status just because they score one goal.