Melbourne Football

Matchday 18: vs Perth Glory @ Lavington Sports Oval - Sunday 9th February - 3pm EDT

Nate

First win interstate since..?

Our last interstate win was on the 29th of December 2011 under JVS :up:

I understand JVS talking up Glory. They have historically been perhaps our worst bogey side, and we'll have to stay switched on to beat them.

Nonetheless, I reckon we have too much good momentum ATM for Perth and we should win on Sunday.

There's a murmur that the game could potentially be pushed back depending on whether temperature conditions pass minimum player requirements.

FFA really thought this one through.... mid-arvo, mid-summer, in Albury.

Edit: Also, I don't think it's been mentioned but memberships include this as a 'home' game, so you wont need to buy tickets.

"All 14 home games" - http://membership.mhfc.com.au/packages/active-supporter

However, if you do need tickets: http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/Show.aspx?sh=HEART1914

Edited by LR9

There's a murmur that the game could potentially be pushed back depending on whether temperature conditions pass minimum player requirements.

This move to later in the arvo would of been fine if they'd fixtured this on a Saturday.

I just dont get how they sat there and thought that this game would be best placed on a Sunday.

Now anyone thats going probably wont get home until midnight at best

• Like 1

This move to later in the arvo would of been fine if they'd fixtured this on a Saturday.

I just dont get how they sat there and thought that this game would be best placed on a Sunday.

I think you'll find that the choice of location is that of MHFC, not FFA.

Doubt that the needs/wishes of people travelling up from Melbourne and elsewhere were given much consideration - it's more about bringing the game to the regions, in this case Albury/Wodonga.

Again, perhaps the ideas may be good, but the execution leaving something to be desired.

Edited by jw1739

Love the concept of taking football to the regions but if we are to have a regional game from the second week of January through to the end of March then it should be along the coastal regions: Sale, Portland/Warrnambool, Geelong. October, November, March is better for inland regions such as Albury/Wodonga, Shepparton, Hamilton, Mildura, Swan Hill, etc. lets hope that the club administration and the FFA take note of this.

• Like 1

"Pushing it back" would be to 5.30 p.m. I suppose? Can anyone who knows the ground confirm whether it has floodlights, or if so, how adequate are they?

The floodlights are supposed to be television compatible but don't hold me to that as when we had Rugby league they brought in portable light towers but they may have been updated since then.

the last train leaves at 5.20pm ( maybe the midnite train, ) so if anyone has booked that and the game gets pushed back, they are stuffed

Word is they can't push it back because of broadcasting requirements. Don't know how much truth there is in that.

very true

I'm not feeling as confident about this one. The game is away from AAMI, Smeltz ALWAYS scores against us. We'll need to score at least 2 goals to ensure that we don't lose.

Could actually be the perfect timing for this fixture. We are the home team away from home, maybe that has a positive mental effect on the team to get these players to finally win away from AAMI, and we are finally on a run of form. Could be a great 3rd game in a row.

How did we get affiliated with Albury of all places anyway....

Would actually love to make it down, but never been to an away game, no mates will be interested and would need to drive 6hrs round trip...

You'll be going on the long way if you go down :P it's north heheJust say when, and i'll laugh. ;)

It'd be good if in the future we organise a mini bus ourselves!

Edited by United

Love the concept of taking football to the regions but if we are to have a regional game from the second week of January through to the end of March then it should be along the coastal regions: Sale, Portland/Warrnambool, Geelong. October, November, March is better for inland regions such as Albury/Wodonga, Shepparton, Hamilton, Mildura, Swan Hill, etc. lets hope that the club administration and the FFA take note of this.

IMO what's worse than stuffing it up with the original arrangements is being stupid enough to persist with them to the point where it's virtually impossible to change them without major inconvenience to all parties.

I can't even see why this game has been chosen - we have played away in Perth twice already, so having this game as a regional game means we don't actually play Perth at home at all this season.

We play Central Coast at home twice this season, one of those is set down for 23rd March KO 3.00 p.m. - that would have fitted the Albury criteria perfectly and maybe a few CCM fans could have come down for the game as well.

• Like 1

Heart v Glory match to be re-scheduled

Feb 7, 2014 6:14 p.m.

MELBOURNE Heart is tonight advising the kick-off time for Sunday's game at Lavington Oval may change due to extreme weather conditions forecast for Albury.

The club says a decision won't be made by the FFA until Sunday morning.

Keep a regular watch on www.bordermail.com.auand www.melbourneheartfc.com.au on Sunday to be advised of the official time for the event.

http://www.bordermail.com.au/story/2073982/heart-v-glory-match-to-be-re-scheduled/?cs=12

Edited by Murfy1

Making the game at 3pm makes sense from the point of view that it allows people to get back to melbourne after the game for work the next day. But clearly there was no backup plan for a game being played in the country during the hottest part of the year. Well done FFA, very idiotic indeed.

MELBOURNE Heart is tonight advising the kick-off time for Sunday's game at Lavington Oval may change due to extreme weather conditions forecast for Albury.

Keep a regular watch on www.bordermail.com.au andwww.melbourneheartfc.com.au on Sunday to be advised of the official time for the event.

Edited by ThePolo

I haven't seen anything on the club website nor have they sent an e-mail to suggest the time will be altered. In again.

Keep a regular watch on www.bordermail.com.au andwww.melbourneheartfc.com.au on Sunday to be advised of the official time for the event.

The issue now is FFA actually getting off its collective arse and making decisions so that all parties involved in the match - whether it be the clubs, the officials, Albury/Wodonga area residents who were intending to go, and particularly all the rest of us who were intending to travel by coach, train or car to attend - can actually make decisions in a reasonable time frame.

One or two degrees celsius is not the issue here. Having made a complete stuff-up of this fixture, the very least FFA can do now is make decisions promptly and get the message out to those involved.

The lack of professionalism being shown here is almost unbelievable. As it stands, at 9 o'clock tomorrow I'll have to make a decision on whether to make the journey up, knowing that I might reach Euroa or wherever and find that I might have wasted my time altogether or left far too early.

Not good enough FFA.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 6

I haven't seen anything on the club website nor have they sent an e-mail to suggest the time will be altered. In again.

The issue now is FFA actually getting off its collective arse and making decisions so that all parties involved in the match - whether it be the clubs, the officials, Albury/Wodonga area residents who were intending to go, and particularly all the rest of us who were intending to travel by coach, train or car to attend - can actually make decisions in a reasonable time frame.

One or two degrees celsius is not the issue here. Having made a complete stuff-up of this fixture, the very least FFA can do now is make decisions promptly and get the message out to those involved.

The lack of professionalism being shown here is almost unbelievable. As it stands, at 9 o'clock tomorrow I'll have to make a decision on whether to make the journey up, knowing that I might reach Euroa or wherever and find that I might have wasted my time altogether or left far too early.

Not good enough FFA.

Well said.

Not good enough FFA.

So it looks as if the Border Mail is letting supporters know to check the Heart website but our supporters in Melbourne are left none the wiser unless they are on this forum.

With the sound of helicopters all around this morning (no smoke) I agree with JW, what were FFA thinking? If the game is cancelled all supporters have had their day wasted, and if the kickoff is delayed then those of us around Melbourne will be home late with work and school the next day. Perhaps Tony Abbott could speak to the FFA about the importance of keeping people fresh to maximise productivity?

Mind you, I think Euroa will be a good coffee stop on the way up, assuming the game is going ahead as scheduled.