Melbourne Football

Matchday 18: vs Perth Glory @ Lavington Sports Oval - Sunday 9th February - 3pm EDT

Nate

This is an utter shambles and all so unnecessary. FFA are principally to blame, but some blame should be sheeted home to Heart and the Albury people who worked out the finer details of the match.

Today's game should have been at AAMI Park with a later KO.

The best choice for a regional game at Albury would have been the match vs. CCM on 23rd March - already scheduled for a 3.00 p.m. KO. Simple to transfer that match to Albury.

Such a simple solution. IMO this whole shambles illustrates a lack of professionalism in the management of the game in Australia.

True, but the oval in Albury may not have been available then

Not the first scheduling balls up by Melbourne Heart.  I went to Heart's first game against CCM and quiet frequently to AAMI Park until a fixture with extra meaning for  me  against Adelaide was scheduled for a 3pm start on a midweek  WORKING DAY.  I couldn't make it as well as some Adelaide work colleagues.  Realised then the club had a total disregard for fans, and this farce at the lamington fete ground confirms this culture is still in place.  Felt the same when another "home" fixture was played in Moe, a disgrace.  

Wish there was an alternative to Victory i could get behind, but these peculiar fixture arrangements and the selling out to a rich sugar daddy club, such as Man shity has got me thinking i'm better off spending my hard earned on the Melbourne rebels for a sporting fix in Melbourne.  Until then i'll stick with following my  football team in the premiership on fox.

Not the first scheduling balls up by Melbourne Heart.  I went to Heart's first game against CCM and quiet frequently to AAMI Park until a fixture with extra meaning for  me  against Adelaide was scheduled for a 3pm start on a midweek  WORKING DAY.  I couldn't make it as well as some Adelaide work colleagues.  Realised then the club had a total disregard for fans, and this farce at the lamington fete ground confirms this culture is still in place.  Felt the same when another "home" fixture was played in Moe, a disgrace.  

Wish there was an alternative to Victory i could get behind, but these peculiar fixture arrangements and the selling out to a rich sugar daddy club, such as Man shity has got me thinking i'm better off spending my hard earned on the Melbourne rebels for a sporting fix in Melbourne.  Until then i'll stick with following my  football team in the premiership on fox.

Will miss you on the forums :(

Edited by hedaik
  • Like 4

This is an utter shambles and all so unnecessary. FFA are principally to blame, but some blame should be sheeted home to Heart and the Albury people who worked out the finer details of the match.

Today's game should have been at AAMI Park with a later KO.

The best choice for a regional game at Albury would have been the match vs. CCM on 23rd March - already scheduled for a 3.00 p.m. KO. Simple to transfer that match to Albury.

Such a simple solution. IMO this whole shambles illustrates a lack of professionalism in the management of the game in Australia.

True, but the oval in Albury may not have been available then

Your probably right Bella as the AFL starts in March here in Albury.

Sounds like you're more of a perfect fit for Victory than you initially thought, see ya!  :up:

In my experience when there's a choice between conspiracy or incompetence to explain a decision, incompetence wins every time. Somebody just made the decision without even thinking, that doesn't make it right of course. Remember that if all 10,000 ticket purchasers turn up for the game then that's 10,000 people who probably would never have been to an HAL game before. It isn't primarily a game for us.

Not the first scheduling balls up by Melbourne Heart. I went to Heart's first game against CCM and quiet frequently to AAMI Park until a fixture with extra meaning for me against Adelaide was scheduled for a 3pm start on a midweek WORKING DAY. I couldn't make it as well as some Adelaide work colleagues. Realised then the club had a total disregard for fans, and this farce at the lamington fete ground confirms this culture is still in place. Felt the same when another "home" fixture was played in Moe, a disgrace.

Wish there was an alternative to Victory i could get behind, but these peculiar fixture arrangements and the selling out to a rich sugar daddy club, such as Man shity has got me thinking i'm better off spending my hard earned on the Melbourne rebels for a sporting fix in Melbourne. Until then i'll stick with following my football team in the premiership on fox.

Will miss you on the forums :( Really??? Are we????

Sarcastic prick :)

Agreed. 

Temperature still rising in Albury.  Their last minute adjustment "for players' welfare" has actually made it WORSE. 

So we've seen: poor/no planning, indecision, then when they finally took some action it was to actually to move the kick off to a hotter time. 

Words fail me.

you sound like a bit of a cunt to be honest

• Like 3

The scheduling of the Adelaide match was nothing to do with with Melbourne Heart. Solely the responsibility of FFA. And it actually drew quite a good crowd!

The match in Morwell (not Moe) was another "regional" fixture, not a home game.

Opinions are fine, but please get your facts straight.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1