Melbourne Football

Matchday 18: vs Perth Glory @ Lavington Sports Oval - Sunday 9th February - 3pm EDT

Nate

Should be a good day lads, forecast is supposed to be 40 degrees so drink plenty (of beer) and let's get the boys over the line!

Only 9 points out of the finals now too, would take a miracle but I think we can all agree that the game against Sydney showed we might finally be turning a corner.

1-0 to the Heart.

Its a home game out of Vic(just) if we win will that be the end of our away hoodoo or because its our home game wont matter ? Need to give these Perth flogs a doing especially after our 2 dire performances over here at NOB Stadium , think we may sneak a 2-1 win ;)

Edited by stewmac

I can't really see the point of playing in aubury, I mean it's great to develop fan base across a large area but for one aubury is in nsw and why is someone who live in aubury going to drive 3.5 hrs each week to see there team play, we would be better trying to get more members that live close to melbourne then ones in such far away towns.

I can't really see the point of playing in aubury, I mean it's great to develop fan base across a large area but for one aubury is in nsw and why is someone who live in aubury going to drive 3.5 hrs each week to see there team play, we would be better trying to get more members that live close to melbourne then ones in such far away towns.

I do

• Like 2

The stadium is in Lavington on the outskirts of Albury. It's an oval with one grandstand and it'll be 39 degree at kickoff! Bring plenty of water and sunscreen. A recommended lunch stop on the way up - Bridge Road Brewery in Beechworth - about the same distance as doing the whole trip on the Hume, a little slower as its 100km/hr but great pizzas and even better beer. Not much good food in Albury.

Lots of local coverage, FFA is putting on a 2 day coaching clinic for local coaches run by Alex Tobin

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

I'm half thinking of changing my mind and taking a slow drive there, but as mention earlier, 40 odd degrees, one shady spot in the grandstand ?? not 100% sure

Don't panic.

Cool change is anticipated, latest update for sunday states it's only 38

farrkk $80 for a bus is pretty steep. Anyone know much it'd cost to catch v/line for consession? 

Typical Victorian Government neglect of rural infrastructure, the train is often replaced by a bus (but at the same reasonable VLine price).

I'm going with the family. Toughen up, its only a bit of heat!

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

Talking about trains, any country people catch the train often. I know the train from bendigo often shuts down (put buses on) or runs at a slower speed when it gets over 34 or something. Probably won't happen, but just keep it in the back or your minds so you aren't caught off guard. 

It will happen on the Albury line, They fucked up the upgrade badly I think it was only this years trains started again after like 3 years

• Like 1

Talking about trains, any country people catch the train often. I know the train from bendigo often shuts down (put buses on) or runs at a slower speed when it gets over 34 or something. Probably won't happen, but just keep it in the back or your minds so you aren't caught off guard. 

It will happen on the Albury line, They fucked up the upgrade badly I think it was only this years trains started again after like 3 years

The carriages are comfy and roomy and air conditioned, but its like a trip back in time especially if you've used European or Japanese trains. 110 km/hr top speed but maybe 60km/hr in sections. A huge noisy boxy looking diesel that looks like it comes from Thomas the Tank Engine. More comfy than car or bus though. Leaves from Southern Cross.

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1

The carriages are comfy and roomy and air conditioned, but its like a trip back in time especially if you've used European or Japanese trains. 110 km/hr top speed but maybe 60km/hr in sections. A huge noisy boxy looking diesel that looks like it comes from Thomas the Tank Engine. More comfy than car or bus though. Leaves from Southern Cross.

and they allow feet on the seats