Melbourne Football

Matchday 16: v Adelaide United, 5:00 Hindmarsh

heartrate

Let's hope Hoffman get dropped and replaced by Germano!

Let's hope Ramsay gets benched and replaced by Garuccio!

Why would you bench Ramsay? the player that scored the first goal and then had a brilliant goal assist to give Heart a 3rd goal? IMHO he is the most improved player under JVS's 3 week tenure - he went from a player that was afraid to have the ball to one that can confidently pass it and score. If Williams is unavailable this week then Garrucio is the obvious replacement and I would bench Mifsud. As for Hoffman, he is one of the three players I would flick at season's end, I have to admit that he is also improving but he will never improve sufficiently enough to merit a spot in an A league side.

• Like 3

Let's hope Hoffman get dropped and replaced by Germano!

Let's hope Ramsay gets benched and replaced by Garuccio!

Why would you bench Ramsay? the player that scored the first goal and then had a brilliant goal assist to give Heart a 3rd goal? IMHO he is the most improved player under JVS's 3 week tenure - he went from a player that was afraid to have the ball to one that can confidently pass it and score. If Williams is unavailable this week then Garrucio is the obvious replacement and I would bench Mifsud. As for Hoffman, he is one of the three players I would flick at season's end, I have to admit that he is also improving but he will never improve sufficiently enough to merit a spot in an A league side.

His shot was deflected into the goal - it would've missed otherwise. Also, his slightly improved performance is why I said "bench" and not "drop" ;-)

If Williams misses out this week then I'm guessing Ramsay will be keeping his starting spot.

YHA is easily one of the better backpackers ive stayed at MAC was great just dingy.

Only shared accom was available.. and upon reading tripadvisor reviews of other backpackers I had no choice but to pay overs for my health and safety...

I guess that's the downfall to booking accom a week before!

Going to be a tough one. They have just beaten WSW 1-0.

WSW have been in quite bad form through and untied a due for a loss, this could be the week we break our away losing streak

Remember when Adelaide brought us back to earth after winning 5 straight games a couple seasons ago? Well it's pay back time b*itches!

• Like 1

YHA is easily one of the better backpackers ive stayed at MAC was great just dingy.

Only shared accom was available.. and upon reading tripadvisor reviews of other backpackers I had no choice but to pay overs for my health and safety...

I guess that's the downfall to booking accom a week before!

I have stayed at my fair share of Backpackers...

I have even had a three month stint once at good one here in Melbourne (When I moved back for my third and final time).

Anyway I can safely say that YHA is a Top Tier Backpackers. Its clean, cool and imost of all consists of Foreigners and Interstaters not the dodgey drifters you can find at your average shit Australian Backpackers.

His shot was deflected into the goal - it would've missed otherwise. Also, his slightly improved performance is why I said "bench" and not "drop" ;-)

How could you tell that from any replay? It was deflected as soon as it left his boot. All you could tell was it was going to the opposite corner to which it ended up in, and that Birghitti had started to more that way. Ramsays shooting has been shite most of the season, but against Perth he sent in a pretty powerful one on target and this one didn't look like a complete shank off the boot. 

By playing the same side pretty much as JA JVS has shown that it is his intention to rebuild their confidence. Ramsay is one of the players he's shown the most faith in as one of the most poorly performed, and now that he has finally put in a game worth selecting him for he should absolutely retain his spot. 

I would go into this weeks match with the exact same lineup, both on the pitch and bench. Nobody deserves to be dropped, and as much as we need to give youth a go and try players out, we need to build up consistency and try and get some results back on the board first.

How could you tell that from any replay? It was deflected as soon as it left his boot. All you could tell was it was going to the opposite corner to which it ended up in, and that Birghitti had started to more that way. Ramsays shooting has been shite most of the season, but against Perth he sent in a pretty powerful one on target and this one didn't look like a complete shank off the boot.

By playing the same side pretty much as JA JVS has shown that it is his intention to rebuild their confidence. Ramsay is one of the players he's shown the most faith in as one of the most poorly performed, and now that he has finally put in a game worth selecting him for he should absolutely retain his spot.

I would go into this weeks match with the exact same lineup, both on the pitch and bench. Nobody deserves to be dropped, and as much as we need to give youth a go and try players out, we need to build up consistency and try and get some results back on the board first.

Agree on the confidence. Having spoken to a member of the coaching staff, confidence definitely needs to be rebuilt. Amazing to say this about a collective of professional athletes, but just indicates how low we have become.

And if Willo doesn't come up, then Garruccio needs to start in front of Midsud with HK (or Garrucio - has he ever played there??) central. I agree partly with the Ramsay sentiments - has been incredibly lazy working back (and I take the attitude if you're down and not playing well going forward, you MUST help going back - non-negotiable!), and one game of tracking back doesn't make a summer. I think he has more to prove for me in terms of effort and commitment. He has been woeful and incredibly lazy at times and I think he should still be on notice. He was well known for this at Adelaide. You saw the youthful enthusiasm of the Gooch and there would be kids bursting for the opportunity. Will watch with interest.

• Like 1

Australia out of the Under AFC U-22 championship, so a chance for Mauk and Vrankovic to come back this week, Mauk played a fair few minutes and was impressive according to reports, may be able to squeeze himself back on the bench if they get back tomorrow.

Did Vrankovic get much game time over the tournament?

Adelaide United have given thumbs up to Bellarine Heart banner for the game, all we have to do now is avoid getting very pissed and losing it on the road trip or on way to ground... Might even see if we can get it on international telly at the Tour Down Under.

Looking forward to a great weekend and a good effort from the team.

Have an email from one of the managers at AUFC saying it will be ok and he will let them know on turnstiles. Sounds like they are much more easygoing than the security at AAMI!

I am glad they have accepted your flag, but I think PPL on here who are going to Adelaide for the first time need to know that they are actually much worse. (I understand how hard this actually be to believe.)

1. In regards to Banners/Flags - You can only hang those that say your Club's name or its Colours so for example no YSIDE Banner is allowed to be hung.

2. Importantly a number of posters on here have also recieved Three Month Bans from Hindmarsh for silly things like uttering a Single Swear Word or Raising Their Arms.

3. These silly bans are the main reasons why Adelaide can not get a proper Active Scene - As Utd supporters suffer the same fate at their own Home Ground..

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

Have an email from one of the managers at AUFC saying it will be ok and he will let them know on turnstiles. Sounds like they are much more easygoing than the security at AAMI!

I am glad they have accepted your flag, but I think PPL on here who are going to Adelaide for the first time need to know that they are actually much worse. (I understand how hard this actually be to believe.)

1. In regards to Banners/Flags - You can only hang those that say your Club's name or its Colours so for example no YSIDE Banner is allowed to be hung.

2. Importantly a number of posters on here have also recieved Three Month Bans from Hindmarsh for silly things like uttering a Single Swear Word or Raising Their Arms.

3. These silly bans are the main reasons why Adelaide can not get a proper Active Scene - As Utd supporters suffer the same fate at their own Home Ground..

Might rack heaps of Charlie and aim for life when I'm over there

• Like 1

Was close to making the trip, but due to work have to give it a miss. Hate to say it but can't see us coming away with anything from this, Adelaide are the in-form side of the league and we're... well we're not exactly the best. If Benny Garuccio doesn't get more than his 10 minutes or so last week I wont be happy. He showed some flashes of his potential last week when he took on and beat a few players at the death. Don't know who we'll put up front in the middle if Williams doesn't make it across, because Mifsud is barely an option at this point. Would like to see us keep it close and hopefully sneak a goal or two, I see this as 2-1 Adelaide with Harry to get off the mark for us.

1. In regards to Banners/Flags - You can only hang those that say your Club's name or its Colours so for example no YSIDE Banner is allowed to be hung.

2. Importantly a number of posters on here have also recieved Three Month Bans from Hindmarsh for silly things like uttering a Single Swear Word or Raising Their Arms.

3. These silly bans are the main reasons why Adelaide can not get a proper Active Scene - As Utd supporters suffer the same fate at their own Home Ground.. Might rack heaps of Charlie and aim for life when I'm over there My man

• Like 1