Melbourne Football

Matchday 16: v Adelaide United, 5:00 Hindmarsh

heartrate

Oh man, it's 6:30am and I can barely open my eyes. What am I doing up this early?

So what are you guys thinking of the team selection? Is this a strong Heart line-up?

No you know how we feel every time we watch some euro club football

Touche, my friend.

Got to say that I've been pleasantly surprised so far. Heart seem to be doing alright at getting the balls to the wings - is this your usual method for creating goals, or is there a fair amount of playing balls through the defence for strikers to run onto, too?

This is more like the JVS Heart. Watch a League 2 game to see the Aloisi Heart

Oh man, it's 6:30am and I can barely open my eyes. What am I doing up this early?

So what are you guys thinking of the team selection? Is this a strong Heart line-up?

Touche, my friend.

Got to say that I've been pleasantly surprised so far. Heart seem to be doing alright at getting the balls to the wings - is this your usual method for creating goals, or is there a fair amount of playing balls through the defence for strikers to run onto, too?

Wings, sort of, we never score that way thou, or should I say rarely. It is more long ball out of defense, hoping to get the second ball, then it is short passing and looking for the through ball, then to the wings if nothing is on.

Touche, my friend.

A bit generous there, I'd say Conference North/South  :P

Edited by King Malta

Touche, my friend.

Nah, this is definitely better than that. I go to some games at my hometown team as well as City, and my town's team play in the 7th tier of English football, one level below the Conf N/S. The football they play is like kickabouts with your school mates, it's awful and is just kick-and-punt with no intelligence shown at any point. This is a breath of fresh air compared to that.

Edit: Oh, you were talking about your previous manager's team. Sorry, it's stupid o'clock in the morning and I'm not good at watching football and reading at the same time. My bad.

Edited by Falastur

Touche, my friend.

Normally we just kind of hoof it forward and hope for the best.

didn't have much luck finding a working stream so far. am i searching in wrong places? somebody throw a link at me please.

Check out vipbox, might work. (http://www.vipboxoc.co/sports/football.html)

Touche, my friend.

Nah, this is definitely better than that. I go to some games at my hometown team as well as City, and my town's team play in the 7th tier of English football, one level below the Conf N/S. The football they play is like kickabouts with your school mates, it's awful and is just kick-and-punt with no intelligence shown at any point. This is a breath of fresh air compared to that.

Oh I agree, this is much better. The conference style was what we were getting out of our previous manager; Aloisi.

Oh I agree, this is much better. The conference style was what we were getting out of our previous manager; Aloisi.

Yeah, sorry, I misread your comment. I thought you were comparing this to Conf football.

It's far too early in the morning :( My bad.

Haha no worries mate!

dammit, it was a nice wing play. who's the full back who got caught with his pants down?

Aziz Behich is the left back who got skinned.

The right back who got out-jumped is Jason Hoffman, who is technically a striker.

Edited by King Malta

dammit, it was a nice wing play. who's the full back who got caught with his pants down?

The right back who got out-jumped is Jason Hoffman, who is technically a striker.

Hoffman is an interesting player. listed as striker but has one goal in over half a hundred games for Heart. seems to be universally liked around these parts though. what's the story?

It must be strange for Heart fans having so many City fans watching their games all of a sudden :D

I'm in China so finally having 3pm football to watch is a lifesaver. My stream is oddly good quality too. 

I'm enjoying this game. I've never cared about any other teams than City, so its a very refreshing feeling being able to watch more football where I at least have some interest in the result and have a team to support :)

Come on Heart!

• Like 1

Hoffman is an interesting player. listed as striker but has one goal in over half a hundred games for Heart. seems to be universally liked around these parts though. what's the story?

he is extremely shit

• Like 1

He'd be the Lionel Messi of effort and dedication but plays with the skill of your grandmother.

He's basically a utility player. A striker by trade but our previous manager seemed to think he's a right-back and he's ended up staying there.

He's not very good and most of the love he gets is tongue-in-cheek. If anyone's got anything nice to say about him it's that he tries hard and seems to be a decent bloke though. Not really up to the quality of this league and should be moved on at the end of the season.

Edited by King Malta