Melbourne Football

Matchday 16: v Adelaide United, 5:00 Hindmarsh

heartrate

Out of interest, what's the average away support like in the A-League? Do clubs have to give a certain percentage of the total capacity to the away fans, etc?

Don think they need to as the games are rarely sold out. Travelling distance is the biggest issue impacting away support. Every away game is a plane ride away.

No train travel? I live 150 miles from City and actually have to go away from Manchester to get to London in order to get a connecting train, but I can still get there and back in a day and have time either side to relax...

You could fit England in the the state of Victoria. Well probably close anyway. Two teams in Victoria, the rest in the other six or so states and one in New Zealand, a three hour flight from here.

Out of interest, what's the average away support like in the A-League? Do clubs have to give a certain percentage of the total capacity to the away fans, etc?

Don think they need to as the games are rarely sold out. Travelling distance is the biggest issue impacting away support. Every away game is a plane ride away.

No train travel?

Unlike a lot of European countries we don't have High Speed Rail of any kind. A train from Melbourne to Adelaide takes hours, and is somewhat expensive.

The UK actually has no high-speed rail either. Our rail network is considered slow and outdated by most of Western Europe. But fair enough, I take your point.

No train travel? I live 150 miles from City and actually have to go away from Manchester to get to London in order to get a connecting train, but I can still get there and back in a day and have time either side to relax...

You could fit England in the the state of Victoria. Well probably close anyway. Two teams in Victoria, the rest in the other six or so states and one in New Zealand, a three hour flight from here.

and a 5 hour time zone difference between NZ and Perth

No train travel?

Unlike a lot of European countries we don't have High Speed Rail of any kind. A train from Melbourne to Adelaide takes hours, and is somewhat expensive.

The UK actually has no high-speed rail either. Our rail network is considered slow and outdated by most of Western Europe. But fair enough, I take your point.

I often travel from country Victoria to Melbourne by train, it spends much of the trip at 60km/hr, top speed 100 km/hr