Melbourne Football

The Jason Hoffman Appreciation thread

Ando

the one telling point from the match against Brisbane on the 28th of March was : when Weilaart came of THE CAPTAINS ARMBAND WENT TO THE HOFF who would ever have thought that ?

THE HOFF WILL BE LEADING THE HEART NEXT SEASON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fuck that!

the one telling point from the match against Brisbane on the 28th of March was : when Weilaart came of THE CAPTAINS ARMBAND WENT TO THE HOFF who would ever have thought that ?

THE HOFF WILL BE LEADING THE HEART NEXT SEASON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He was simply made fourth in line for captain this season (I think Gerhardt was third? I'm sure I saw him with the armband once?). I doubt they put much thought in to choosing fourth in line (or even third if that was the case). 

Captain choices

1. Kewell

2. Wieleart

3. Murdocca

4. Gerhardt

5. Kisnorbo

6. Dugandzic

7. Williams

8. Kalmar

9. Germano

10. Garuccio

11. Redmayne

12. Mauk

13. Hoffman (un/lucky number 13!)

13.5. Ramsay

14. Retre

15. Archibald

16. Velaphi

17. etc etc etc

Edited by Red or Dead

Fuck that!

He was simply made fourth in line for captain this season (I think Gerhardt was third? I'm sure I saw him with the armband once?). I doubt they put much thought in to choosing fourth in line (or even third if that was the case).

Captain choices

1. Kewell

2. Wieleart

3. Murdocca

4. Gerhardt

5. Kisnorbo

6. Dugandzic

7. Williams

8. Kalmar

9. Germano

10. Garuccio

11. Redmayne

12. Mauk

13. Hoffman (un/lucky number 13!)

13.5. Ramsay

14. Retre

15. Archibald

16. Velaphi

17. etc etc etcDefinitely Kisnorbo and murdocca. Germano and Redmayne yeah possibly. However dugandzic, kalmar, garuccio, mauk???? They either aren't vocal enough or are too young to lead a team that's so much older and more experienced than them. I wouldn't put them ahead of Hoffman for captain.

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1

It is certainly fitting that Hoffman might become captain by default. In fact, it's a testament to he persevering average consistency. 

• Like 1

It is certainly fitting that Hoffman might become captain by default. In fact, it's a testament to he persevering average consistency. 

Hoff is the type of guy that every business has. He's not spectacular but he works hard, is likeable and has been around so long he's part of the family. Sure other employees are so much better at one aspect or another but they are a pain in the ass or they only stick around a year or two before moving onto a better paid job. Hoff will probably marry JVS's daughter. 

• Like 1

Hoff is the type of guy that every business has. He's not spectacular but he works hard, is likeable and has been around so long he's part of the family. Sure other employees are so much better at one aspect or another but they are a pain in the ass or they only stick around a year or two before moving onto a better paid job. Hoff will probably marry JVS's daughter. 

shattered... 

• Like 2

I cannot wait til he is crowned Heart's MVP.

Might happen.

Been a pretty ordinary season and Hoff has been one of our most consistent.   The blokes who've starred generally haven't played many games, whilst the blokes who played a lot of games have also had some horrible moments.

Personally I admire the Hoff for his professionalism, work rate and persistance.  He has made it in the A league when so many on here were seemingly suggesting SL2.  OK, we all know there are better footballers, but the lad has put in to get what he has, on the back of not much talent.  I'm not a huge fan, but I give credit where its due.

• Like 3

Might happen.

Been a pretty ordinary season and Hoff has been one of our most consistent. The blokes who've starred generally haven't played many games, whilst the blokes who played a lot of games have also had some horrible moments.

Personally I admire the Hoff for his professionalism, work rate and persistance. He has made it in the A league when so many on here were seemingly suggesting SL2. OK, we all know there are better footballers, but the lad has put in to get what he has, on the back of not much talent. I'm not a huge fan, but I give credit where its due.

Great post

Might happen.

Been a pretty ordinary season and Hoff has been one of our most consistent. The blokes who've starred generally haven't played many games, whilst the blokes who played a lot of games have also had some horrible moments.

Personally I admire the Hoff for his professionalism, work rate and persistance. He has made it in the A league when so many on here were seemingly suggesting SL2. OK, we all know there are better footballers, but the lad has put in to get what he has, on the back of not much talent. I'm not a huge fan, but I give credit where its due.

Great post

Bloody oath Shahanga! Spot on.

He's been encouraged to go forward this second half of the season. JVS has got more out of him then Aloisi. But, it's was JVS that didn't do him any favors when he first arrived to Heart. He moved him around constantly, turned a promising striker into a lost puppy. Let's not forget. I've been harsh too, but the poor guy has been pushed around a bit.

BTW he was ok tonight, thought his goal would have been saved by COvic, did well partnering with Mate

Edited by Pandev
  • Like 1

When he scored, I screamed with delight, looked to the heavens and saw the moon shining brightly.

We conceded, and the moon had vanished behind an eerie purplish grey cloud.

The Hoff must possess lycanthrope powers, which provide him with the ability to score only when the moon is in effect.

That being said, deflection aside, nice goal

Edited by Torn Asunder
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...