Melbourne Football

Melbourne Heart FC buy out - Man City, Melbourne City FC, etc.

AntiScum

We have 7045 members... We can't expect every one of them to be as happy as most of us are right now... I think if the name and colour change comes with this great news, we might have 6500 happy members... That other 545 will learn to live with it, just like Juventas did when they went from pink to black and white, South dis from red and white to blue and white, Brisbane bears to Lions, South Melbourne to Sydney Swans... I can name 10 more. Each and every club just named went on to win titles and dominate for long periods of time. It would be great if its stays the same name and colours yes! But the name change will come 100% the colors prob 50/50

Bring on this new era in our history... 23/01/14 A sleeping giant is awakening, and I'm fkn pumped!

P.S thanks for the ride up to Adelaide boys, gona sing Com'n City Com'n City Com'n City the whole way to Hindmarsh.

and you call yourself a UTD fan ? 

How much of the club has to be changed before it ceases to be the same club?

Name

Colours

Owners

Coach

Players

I don't mind people saying 'Woot I am going to follow Man City's proxy club in Melbourne'. That is fair enough.

Good luck to them and you.

What I don't get is people thinking that the new entitiy will be a continuation of the old entity.

The only thing that seems to be continuing is that there is a second club in Melbourne. An anti-Victory, if you like.

But the club we all support is winding up, its licence to play A-League football sold for a few million dollars.

At the conclusion of the final round of this season, the Heart stops beating. Simple as that afaic.

Forgot one thing. That thing is the only constant in any football club. THE FANS! Every club changes every single one of the things you mentioned. As long as the fans are the same it's the same club to me no matter who owns it or what it is called.

Exactly.  Players whore themselves out to the highest bidder, some even sabotage if they don't get released for more money by not putting in. Owners change.  Admisnitratoirs and coaches come and go.

The fans are the club.  We are football.

We have 7045 members... We can't expect every one of them to be as happy as most of us are right now... I think if the name and colour change comes with this great news, we might have 6500 happy members... That other 545 will learn to live with it, just like Juventas did when they went from pink to black and white, South dis from red and white to blue and white, Brisbane bears to Lions, South Melbourne to Sydney Swans... I can name 10 more. Each and every club just named went on to win titles and dominate for long periods of time. It would be great if its stays the same name and colours yes! But the name change will come 100% the colors prob 50/50

Bring on this new era in our history... 23/01/14 A sleeping giant is awakening, and I'm fkn pumped!

P.S thanks for the ride up to Adelaide boys, gona sing Com'n City Com'n City Com'n City the whole way to Hindmarsh.

When Fitzroy were merged out of existence thousands of their fans were lost to the game forever. They didn't learn to live with it. The same thing for when South went north to Sydney.

Possibly two of the worst examples you could offer.

Edited by FB.

First things first:

fuck-yeah-aww-yeah-l.png

I cannot believe that people are unhappy with this. You are the same people who come on here after bad losses and say shit like 'fold the club', 'we're a fucking joke' and 'Mediocrtiy FC'. We now have a golden ticket to become the best soccer club in the asia region and yet, due to the fact the name may change you don't want to support us anymore? Please.

I do not see a problem at all with change, people are actually going to invest in this club, thats right, people are going to give a fuck about us again. What did Melbourne heart stand for anyway? Mediocrity? Shit football? This should be seen as a new life for our club, every little bit of Melbourne Heart needs to go. I'm talking about:

-Logo

-Colours

-Name

We are no longer Melbourne Heart FC. We are now a Melbourne city, a football club that demands nothing more than success and we go the full mile to get it. 

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 1

Playing well and excellent training programs are not values. They are things that all clubs want. Its just a matter of if you can do it or not.

Just to be clear, 'good football' (also called 'attacking football', 'pro-active football' and 'possession football') is different from 'playing well'. The Man City CEO said he wants Heart to play an 'effective possession' game of football, that is attacking and scores lot of goals. That's the sort of football Heart aimed to played from the beginning, when JVS was given the job in our first season.

Again with 'excellent training programs', you are confusing matters. Lots of football clubs, especially A-League clubs, don't focus heavily on youth. That Heart committed such a sizable amount of its resources to developing a NYL team (where Heart looked at over 500 young players to form a team), and has already begun developing the Heart College of Football (focusing on players too young for the NYL, something most A-League club don't do) is a unique marker for the club.

Playing a certain style of football and focusing on youth can be asignificant parts of a football club's identity, especially in the A-League where clubs are mere franchises with short histories. I don't buy this idea that football clubs need very unique and specific geographies to have an identity. So it's perfectly fine for a club to stand for playing football a certain way and for promoting youth, and don't misrepresent that as 'playing well' or having 'excellent training programs'.

Edited by Murfy1

Mixed emotions. Strangely enough, i quite enjoy going to games and knowing everyone around you each week. It definitely does seem like an end of the 'struggle era', an era i'm proud to have been apart of, an era that has made our supporters a tight knit unit. But i feel it is needed. Alike the majority of posts, I understand the name change, and have almost conceded that, but ill be shattered if they change our red and white. If we are to change our name, I for one, can't wait to sing "You are in My Heart" one last time with 'Heart' on the scoreboard against WSW. 

• Like 4

It's like bizzaro world in here.

People happy for our name to change, for our logo to change, for sky blue to be added to our club colours.

So long as we have money and become bigger then the vizitards :hkpalm:

For me it has nothing to do with the visitors. Its to do with being involved in a club that is run like a proper football club. Heart or not part of my ling term family tradition nor are they my local park side. They have so far offered very little to become attached to.

If the new owners come in and want to do things properly and I mean world class properly- then i am happy to shed the the big bash style gimmicky names and such

Guys, I`m a Man city fan from England. I can assure you all that this buy out will be the best thing that has ever happened to my new found, newly adopted Melbourne Heart!

The owners have transformed our club from a mediocre,struggling premier league team into Champions,FA cup winners and record goal scoring team this year and the only club left in all 4 trophies.

They have completely updated the infrastructure at the club, spent millions in the local community,bought and upgraded the stadium and the plans for the future are unbelievable.

They have almost finished a small stadium for our elite development squad and ladies team games.They have built a training facility that id deemed the bst in Europe including medical facilties.They are in the process of building a college for both City trainees and for the local community.

They have also spent money on the tram system that takes fans straight to the ground and the best thing is....the list of improvements go on and on!

The owners have also invested in the USA MLS buying the New York City club.They are truly going to be the biggest and best in the World!

Our website will give you an idea of where your( sorry our) club is going  http://www.mcfc.co.uk/

Also if you need any info from the fans go to the bluemoon website bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk

CTID   (city til I die)

fucking awesome website mate

• Like 1

The resources and power of Sheikh Mansoor makes this deal a seismic moment for the A-League

Tom Smithies

23 January, 2014

IF you want to understand the seismic changes to the landscape of the A-League this morning, then you need to understand the sheer power of the resources and vision that have been thrown behind Melbourne Heart.

Manchester City's billionaire owner, Sheikh Mansoor, has sunk a fortune into the club since buying it in 2008, and while a lot of it has undoubtedly gone on buying star players, many more millions have been spent City's youth development plans.

Nearly 18 months ago, this correspondent reported from the scene of a huge campus being built on reclaimed land next to City's stadium, with every one of the club's youth teams down to age 8 training at the same hi-tech facilities.

What City's purchase of an A-League club does is open up that resource to the players and coaching staff of Melbourne Heart, and bind the Australian entity into a global beast with consistent philosophies on how the game should be played.

So while the initial focus will undoubtedly be on the future of coach John van't Schip and his players, in the background there will quickly be money spent substantially on the creation of a Heart academy, with a dedicated head coach who reports to a similar figure at City.

The youth teams at Heart, New York City and Manchester City will all be mandated to play in the same way. The Heart first team will get to spend part of their pre-season training at City's campus in Manchester.

"We get locked into players, that's the epicentre of everything, but there's a lot of people that work at a football club," muses City's academy director Brian Marwood. "Why not get the benefit of their experience?

"The cross fertilisation of ideas and experiences is huge, whether it's a player, coach, physio or masseur. We want people to experience all kind of opportunities."

For the A-League as a whole, this is also a seminal day. One of the giants of world football has effectively put millions of dollars behind its judgment that Australian football has enough growth potential to warrant investment but also is enough of a first-world league. Many more shirts could be sold in other parts of Asia, but none offer the "stable environment" - their words - in which City want to do business.

With Football Federation Australia also believed to be less than three weeks away from announcing the sale of Western Sydney Wanderers, it's a tumultuous start to 2015 for the A-League.

Hi there Hearts supporters.

What a momentous day for the Hearts football club. Your club has just linked with one of the powerhouses of world football. The opportunities for young Aussie footballers to progress in the game will be only limited by the ability of the individual player. City are a fantastic club and he resources that will be provided to the club will be the worlds best.

Good luck and enjoy the ride, and lets hope you will all become City fans in the process!

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/football/the-resources-and-power-of-sheikh-mansoor-makes-this-deal-a-seismic-moment-for-the-aleague/story-fni2fopz-1226808309758

So it was completly abhorrent for Hellas to take us over and change our name to South Melbourne Heart?

But for Man City to take us over and change our name, logo, colours it's great.

Intresting to say the least :hmm: :hmm: :hmm:

Edited by FB.
  • Like 3

If you follow the AFL and support Collingwood - could you stand next to I dunno Carlton fans cheering Carlton, Carlton.

If you followed Arsenal could you stand next to Tottenham Fans cheering "COYS"

As a DieHardRed - I cannot stand in the terraces singing come on City ....... Oh i just cringed !!

Keep the Heart

Sorry but i totally agree with you.

How the fuck can anyone be happy with a name change.

WE ARE FUCKIN MELBOURNE HEART

And for the people who dont like our name and are happy to change it...

WHY THE FUCK did you support this club in the first place.

Im sorry but it baffles me how people are selling out.

People talk about "lack of identity" but we then go and sell what identity we have left to some fuckin sheik who doesnt give a shit about this club and is only looking to make a profit,

I didnt sign up for Melbourne City Relax my friend take it easy... We all bought the membership under MH and I agree with supporters that they want the same club name as MH, but this is a huge thing for the club and for the A league .....

I've been following man united for the past 35years and I always looked at man city as just a basic team that fight for relegation,but now they are top team in the epl....the changes are big, when I went to main road ex man city ground ,looked like shit......today they are playing in one of the best grounds in England ,,,,,,even the training facilities they changed.....

Man united got eliminated by Sunderland this morning so it wasn't a good start for me,but when I heard the news about the take over ,it made my day.Libba both Green Gully and St George were renamed before... is the name that important - As they will always be our Hearts.

I don't care about Green Gully of St George mate. People think on this forum that i jumped on cause of Mifsud.

I've been a member since day 1 and missed maybe 2 games in 4 years. I bleed Melbourne Heart. Id even booked in to get a tattoo of the emblem done on me (which ill cancel).

I love this club and don't get me wrong, I was as happy as fuck that Man City bought us out and like many have said its great for Australian football, but I don't see the need to change the emblem or the name.

To me this club is just more than a franchise. I'm surrounded by my club at home with every part of my house with some form of Melbourne Heart gear or merchandise.

Im.as passionate about this club as any of you that have a go.

I'm happy that Man City are here, but just don't see why our name and emblem have to change.

Don't think that's fuckin stupid of me as Heart is what I've known.

• Like 1

So it was completly abhorrent for Hellas to take is over and change our name to South Melbourne Heart.

Souths were never going to take this club to a world class level.

So it was completly abhorrent for Hellas to take is over and change our name to South Melbourne Heart.

Souths were never going to take this club to a world class level.

and people get pissed off at players for showing no loyalty when money is thrown at them :droy: :droy: :droy: :droy:

• Like 1

People happy for our name to change, for our logo to change, for sky blue to be added to our club colours.

For me it has nothing to do with the visitors. Its to do with being involved in a club that is run like a proper football club. Heart or not part of my ling term family tradition nor are they my local park side. They have so far offered very little to become attached to.

If the new owners come in and want to do things properly and I mean world class properly- then i am happy to shed the the big bash style gimmicky names and such Personally reckon it's more gimkicky to change the name, colours and badge our club to copy some big European club tbh.

Edited by FB.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/video/125015107678/Soriano-on-Citys-Heart-takeover if this doesnt get you hard then i dont know what will

So sometime in the not too distant future we should have

- New facilities 

- Attacking/possession football

- Much greater scouting network to recruit players

- Success at some point

- Something to finally look fowrard to after 3 and a half seasons of under achieving!!  :)

You have to compromise in life mate and for what is being promised by these new owners, is it really that bad to give up our name?

I just don't see the big deal tbh, and this is coming from a bloke who owns 4 heart tops and a scarf

when do the new regime take over by the way?

Effective immediately i believe, but no changes until mid 2014.

• Like 1

How much of the club has to be changed before it ceases to be the same club?

Name

Colours

Owners

Coach

Players

I don't mind people saying 'Woot I am going to follow Man City's proxy club in Melbourne'. That is fair enough.

Good luck to them and you.

What I don't get is people thinking that the new entitiy will be a continuation of the old entity.

The only thing that seems to be continuing is that there is a second club in Melbourne. An anti-Victory, if you like.

But the club we all support is winding up, its licence to play A-League football sold for a few million dollars.

At the conclusion of the final round of this season, the Heart stops beating. Simple as that afaic.

So Newcastle Utd Jets is a completely new entity from when Tinkler took over then?  I'm confused, new colours, new kits...

Personally I want the colours to stay the way they are.  I don't mind an official name change with us the fans referring to them as the hearts.

Passion is what keeps a club's heart beating.  It's why we're all here to witness and discuss this ownership transfer.  For me, in following the Hearts I've formed friendships with a group of fantastic chaps.  Chaps that I stand shoulder to shoulder with in the Yarraside week in, week out.

I'm not new to this shit, I've followed the Bulldogs all my life.  I don't personally like the "Western" name change, but I was there at the Western Oval in '89 as a kid with my family and I'm thankful for every minute I get to see my team run around.

You can't take that away...

Mixed emotions. Strangely enough, i quite enjoy going to games and knowing everyone around you each week. It definitely does seem like an end of the 'struggle era', an era i'm proud to have been apart of, an era that has made our supporters a tight knit unit. But i feel it is needed. Alike the majority of posts, I understand the name change, and have almost conceded that, but ill be shattered if they change our red and white. If we are to change our name, I for one, can't wait to sing "You are in My Heart" one last time with 'Heart' on the scoreboard against WSW. 

Im with ya - Its what made us different / shite  , but differant 

Man City sugar daddies / Chelsea Sugar Daddies / PSG ......... 

Its the good and the bad of Modern Football

Cant believe some people 

IF we change our name to Melbourne city FC which im 100% behind what the fuck is stopping us from being nicknamed 'the heart' or 'the hearts'

Newcastle United F.C. - The magpies
Adelaide United - The reds

I could list soo many more 

Melbourne City FC - Nickname  'The heart(s)'

• Like 5

Honestly, take it over and start again.

That's what the owners did after JVS left, may as well do it properly with money and knowledge.

Bandwagoners welcome. 

God don't Victory look boring now with Muscat and Thompson as their 2 high profile faces.  And on their side of town their Northern Terrace Supporters are worth about .001% as much as our supporters!  Imagine being held to ransom by the NT lol.

I don't think our jerseys will change.

Like all the other Queenslanders my hate for the colour "sky blue" is close to limitless so would struggle to stay if that happened (but i can't see how it can change to that, given that is the colour of Scum FC).

Edited by Shahanga
  • Like 2

A few questions to those cheering this news:

1) How would you have reacted had the City mob bought out Sydney FC? Would you be proclaiming it as great news for that club, for the league, etc? Honestly, would you?

2) Does the way the club you support wins matches/trophies (hard work, a bit of luck v spending the most money) affect the way you enjoy the wins?

3) Did the fact that Heart was a battling club in any way endear you to the club and its supporters?

4) How would you feel supporting a business arm of an Emirati group whose wealth has been generated off the back of propping up the US and its petrodollar currency, literally fuelling wars the world over?

I'm genuinely curious.

They may be propping up the US but does the fact that the UAE use the money to provide free, world class healthcare, education and other forms of welfare to its entire population, help clean you conscience?

Hating on America is soooo cool. They start wars and that's like bad and stuff.

Our country does incredibly bad things to other nations regularly, shall we just stop following all Auastralian teams? We also have a very strong bond with the US, you know treaties(millitary and trade) and joining in on said wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.

At least our Arab overlords aren't the current Syrain govt, NAZIS or Somalian Pirates.

Edited by Tonyboozeadams

If the new owners come in and want to do things properly and I mean world class properly- then i am happy to shed the the big bash style gimmicky names and such Personally reckon it's more gimkicky to change the name, colours and badge our club to copy some big European club tbh. 1. You agreed when this was first announced today that our colours would def remain due to SFC and MVFC wearing Blue.

2. Did u stop following the kangaroos when they changed their Media name?

(And FWIW I know that you are aware name change is more common than good refereeing in Australian Soccer History.)

3. Did you stopped following the Kangaroos when they changed their logo?

Now with the last two questions I know your probably reply about how you campaigned against those changes but ultimately you support North as much as you ever did and still called them North regardless of what the commenators called The Club.

If you follow the AFL and support Collingwood - could you stand next to I dunno Carlton fans cheering Carlton, Carlton. 

As a DieHardRed - I cannot stand in the terraces singing come on City ....... Oh i just cringed !!

Keep the Heart

People talk about "lack of identity" but we then go and sell what identity we have left to some fuckin sheik  who doesnt give a shit about this club and is only looking to make a profit,

I didnt sign up for Melbourne City

I signed up not for the name or even the colours but because I like football and didn't like the visitors. Also hated musc%#t.  If we were named Melb City to start with are people saying they would not have signed up?

Keep the Heart

People talk about "lack of identity" but we then go and sell what identity we have left to some fuckin sheik who doesnt give a shit about this club and is only looking to make a profit,

I didnt sign up for Melbourne City Relax my friend take it easy... We all bought the membership under MH and I agree with supporters that they want the same club name as MH, but this is a huge thing for the club and for the A league .....

I've been following man united for the past 35years and I always looked at man city as just a basic team that fight for relegation,but now they are top team in the epl....the changes are big, when I went to main road ex man city ground ,looked like shit......today they are playing in one of the best grounds in England ,,,,,,even the training facilities they changed.....

Man united got eliminated by Sunderland this morning so it wasn't a good start for me,but when I heard the news about the take over ,it made my day. Libba both Green Gully and St George were renamed before... is the name that important - As they will always be our Hearts.

I don't care about Green Gully of St George mate. People think on this forum that i jumped on cause of Mifsud.

I've been a member since day 1 and missed maybe 2 games in 4 years. I bleed Melbourne Heart. Id even booked in to get a tattoo of the emblem done on me (which ill cancel).

I love this club and don't get me wrong, I was as happy as fuck that Man City bought us out and like many have said its great for Australian football, but I don't see the need to change the emblem or the name.

To me this club is just more than a franchise. I'm surrounded by my club at home with every part of my house with some form of Melbourne Heart gear or merchandise.

Im.as passionate about this club as any of you that have a go.

I'm happy that Man City are here, but just don't see why our name and emblem have to change.

Don't think that's fuckin stupid of me as Heart is what I've known.

Don't worry dude. I'm sure the sheik will buy you a crap load of new merchandise. I have MH merch as well, but if I look at the long run, this was needed for our struggling club. Better times ahead mate.

Cant believe some people

IF we change our name to Melbourne city FC which im 100% behind what the fuck is stopping us from being nicknamed 'the heart' or 'the hearts'

Newcastle United F.C. - The magpies

Adelaide United - The reds

I could list soo many more

Melbourne City FC - Nickname 'The heart(s)'

They're relating it too much to the AFL where teams have the nickname in the team name. Edited by hakz7