Melbourne Football

RD4 Brisbane vs MHFC, Suncorp 5pm EST

cadete

Lets hope we dont score first because if we do then we'll most likely defend from our penalty box (a famous JA tactic) and concede a few easy goals due to the players shitting themselves (also implemented by JA)

Remember Wellington away? Hahaha

2-0 up after 15 and then parking the bus with Grey & Vrankovic

We've had some stinkers, but that one was right up there!

yes Newcastle was down to 10 men, had 2 shots on goal and scored twice. We had 25 shots...

That's right. Shocking day and resullt. But at least we tried to play football. Just couldn't penetrate a side parking the bus. It was a hell of a lot better than our recent interstate trips.

Pretty depressing stuff on Sunday. Was surprised we only conceded one goal in the end but I realise had Smeltz been playing  it could've been a lot worse. Without Berisha we should hopefully be able to contain Brisbane a bit and at best play out a draw.

• Like 1

A 3-0 or whatever loss here mightn't be too bad as it would almost certainly hasten the departure of Aloisi.

Lost count of how many times I said that last season too

I wonder if that rumor floating around last season that the board gave JA a 7 game ultimatum had any truth to it

Why are you all so confident of a win. We played absolutely shit agaist a team that is half as good as the roar.i don't think that we should get our hopes up as I cannot see us improving that quickly.

Because me and a few of the other boys will out sing The Den and the hearts will suddenly think its at AAMI. Where we always beat Brisbane.

• Like 1

There could've been a chance of us winning this week but after listening to JA's press conference, he didn't seem to say anything about us not playing well meaning he thought we actually played decently; this will result in nothing changing for the game ahead and we will witness the same thing.

The more I think this, the more I'd love to be proven wrong.

• Like 1

Was speaking to Bolton on Monday about what the game on Sunday and he was bloody disapointed.

He's exact words were "it felt like last season all over again"

:(

I really do hope that JA's tendency to avoid saying anything overly negative about our lost games are to keep the media from bashing us and not a true indication of how he viewed the game. 

If he seriously thinks the game against Perth was in any way acceptable, then he's even more delusional than I thought.

• Like 1

Was speaking to Bolton on Monday about what the game on Sunday and he was bloody disapointed.

Refreshing to hear Bolton say that. A bunch of new players + new season + same old coaching staff = same old performance. Wow, the problem is???

Bolton > JA+Foxe

• Like 1

Refreshing to hear Bolton say that. A bunch of new players + new season + same old coaching staff = same old performance. Wow, the problem is???

Bolton > JA+Foxe

No disrespect to Clint in any way but you'd hardly need to be an astute knowledgeable observer of the game to say the same thing. There are 6000+ season ticket holders saying exactly the same thing.

• Like 1

There could've been a chance of us winning this week but after listening to JA's press conference, he didn't seem to say anything about us not playing well meaning he thought we actually played decently; this will result in nothing changing for the game ahead and we will witness the same thing.

The more I think this, the more I'd love to be proven wrong.

When watching his post game interviews I'm beginning to think that JA is delusional.

Sure, he wants to pump team up but let's also tell them what they didn't do well.

And take some responsibility for your own action

How well did your plan work John ??

FFS how would Bolton be a better coach than  Aloisi? 

FFS it annoys me when Foxe is lumped in with Aloisi. The bloke's just doing what he's told and that's what he's paid for. I have no doubt he'd more than likely to be a better job if in charge.

+1

FFS it annoys me when Foxe is lumped in with Aloisi. The bloke's just doing what he's told and that's what he's paid for. I have no doubt he'd more than likely to be a better job if in charge.

This. Ultimately a teams performance should fall on the head coach. Of course players, board etc all play their part but head coaches are the motivators, make the tactics and select the side. If the side isn't peforming and in our case we have our best yet starting XI in three years then there is something wrong with the head coach. If we get flogged this weekend we will be lucky to get 6k to the next game.

Bolton > JA+Foxe

No disrespect to Clint in any way but you'd hardly need to be an astute knowledgeable observer of the game to say the same thing. There are 6000+ season ticket holders saying exactly the same thing.

True. I'm sure Aloisi and everyone at the club must be feeling the same thing. But it's just good to hear somebody at the club acknowledge it. The first step is to acknowledge you have a problem.

• Like 1

This. Ultimately a teams performance should fall on the head coach. Of course players, board etc all play their part but head coaches are the motivators, make the tactics and select the side. If the side isn't peforming and in our case we have our best yet starting XI in three years then there is something wrong with the head coach. If we get flogged this weekend we will be lucky to get 6k to the next game.

plus they select who they have as coaches and assistants under them so that the grand tactical approach the head coach devises can be executed

Edited by mattyh001

Miller officially out now, Brisbane will have 16 players on their roster at the time this game starts. Realistically, we should look to win this game.

Realistically if we went into the game with the mentality, team selection and tactics to try to win the game. Instead we are likely to go into the game with a mentality team selection and tactical plan designed to not lose. We won't win if we sit back and allow Roar to play their natural game and build up from the back, pull our defence out of shape and score. Even without Miller and Berisha Roar will find that version of Heart to be easy pickings as Roar are a much more competent team than Glory and we allowed them to look like Bayern Munich.

Steffanuto taken out of training with a hamstring injury. Franjic ill and not training. We really could not have more of a chance coming into this game.

Which is also good news because they may be forced to play Devante Clut. Best Australian football name since Danny Invincible. 

Edited by Tommykins

If Stefanutto and Franjic are out as well as Miller there should be no excuses.

Aloisi should be drumming his players up and say shit like, "Right, this one is in the bag boys! Let's go out there and dominate! Even if they didn't have those players out we'd still beat them so no excuses guys, let's show these guys what it means to play for the Red and the White!"

But he'll probably say something like, "let's stick to the game plan. Even if they dominate possession, we have faster players so we should be able to get them on the counter. Migliorini, Mass you guys sit back and look for that long pass to Mifsud and Ramsay. You buys up front, hopefully with some luck you can put it away...we're relying on you!"

• Like 1

Miller, Berisha, Lambadaridis, Danning all out, while Steffanuto has apparently injured himself at training.

Roar have a small squad as it is, with only 20 players

Inb4 'Where were you when Heart broke its away duck'... :up:

Edited by LR9
  • Like 1

Miller, Berisha, Lambadaridis, Danning all out, while Steffanuto has apparently injured himself at training.

Inb4 'where were you when heart broke their away duck'... :up:

Inb4 "Round Two" last season...why so much butt hurt, all the time?

Fwiw, we haven't won 'away' in over a year, a lot longer time span between 'that day' in Sydney and Matchday 2 last year.. :up:

Edited by LR9

Inb4 'where were you when heart broke their away duck'... :up:

Inb4 "Round Two" last season... why so much butt hurt, all the time?

Fwiw, we haven't won 'away' in over a year, a lot longer time span between 'that day' in Sydney and Matchday 2 last year.. :up:

Its called having a Realistic Outlook on Life mate...

Edited by cadete