Melbourne Football

RD4 Brisbane vs MHFC, Suncorp 5pm EST

cadete

What I find funny is the talk about positives and finding positives out of a match.

'Well we created a lot of chances and if only we took those chances, we would've won...' Blah blah blah etc. etc. etc.

The key words in that sentence are 'if','only' and 'would have'.

People seem to be forgetting that to WIN football matches, a team must SCORE MORE THAN THE FUCKING OPPONENTS.

Am I forgetting something? Did I miss a meeting here? We didn't score. We conceded three. No matter which way we look at it, it is still a loss and we are still winless.

Haven't won an away match in a long, long time and people still give JA 'respect' and look for positives. Give me a break. He doesn't have what it takes. Last season was an embarrassment and this season is beginning to look like one too.

Edited by Harrison
  • Like 2

Well just watched the game for the first time via a replay and was hoping for a win but fook me we lost again LOL :)

The scoreboard doesn't lie. The game is a pretty accurate reflection of where we are at compared to teams at the top end of the ladder. We are a bottom end team and mostly that's due to poor coaching and game plan. If attacking high pressure football is plan A, what happens when a team like Roar start to put their passes together and play around us? Just retreat and put up a wall? The best teams know how to attack, know how to defend and can keep the ball for extended periods. Popovic and WSW are going to tear us to shreds because he has a team that can function well when they have the ball and when they don't have the ball. AU is also heading in that direction. We are so farken one dimensional and that get's down to coaching. I can't see anything changing in the short term with the current coaching arrangement.

• Like 1

I dont hate John Allosi, But he needs to go, His record is well below what we expect and need. Don't get me wrong his home record hasnt been to bad, If we are judging on win loss but his away record is a disgrace, We may have had games we "play really well" or "looked realy good" but this doesnt show on the final score. He has had enough time to turn this record around and it has not happened, So now we need somebody who can turn these away games into away wins.

I have never known of a team with worse record when it comes to holding on to a lead or just protecting a draw.

There are lots of games where we have failed on both counts.

Still remember last season home game vs roar at aami where we lead 3:0 with 73min on the clock.

Then Barisha gets one back in 74th

They make 2 subs in 75th

Barisha gets his second in 76min

Less then 20 min to go and we were ducking in the stands as balls were whistling past us, shaving the goal post while our whole team of 10 (Williams was red carded earlier) sat back in front of our goal hoping to prevent 3rd goal

It was bloody excruciating to watch and I suffered a few minor strokes in those final minutes.

They were seconds from equaliser and we were seconds from disaster.

Yer, we won that one but lost too many is similar circumstances. In the end, we were lucky

Lucky Brisbane also had key players missing or else aloisi would have pulled out the "we are missing some key players" speech. I understand why he said the things he said in the post match interview, but it doesn't make it any easier to swallow that bullshit he said. Oh so you played well in the first half???....."you lost 3-0"!!!!.......so you had chances and should have taken them????...."you lost 3 fuckin 0"!!!!!!!!....so you think there are positive signs how we played???..."three fuckin nil JA"

JAs like a fuckin beach ball bouncing around, first we're going to play counter attacking football this whole season, then we come out after that doesn't work against Perth and play a high pressing game. He's searching for answers that he doesn't have. Right now I garuntee he doesn't know what style of football we should be playing, and every decision he makes will be some sort of guess especially from here on in.

For the Manager to be pleased with a 3-0 loss after the game makes me want to spew up.

We don't have a team of 10 year old kids. 

He should have said it how it is -"At this level you have to take your chances."

Exactly what I was thinking re the 10 years old kids, almost like he's trying to protect their fragile confidence

For the Manager to be pleased with a 3-0 loss after the game makes me want to spew up.

He should have said it how it is -"At this level you have to take your chances."

Exactly what I was thinking re the 10 years old kids, almost like he's trying to protect their fragile confidence

It is a professional comp.

These guys are making nice living from doing what they love so stop cuddling them and asses their performance like a manager should.

Mr gerhard If you continue this crap, you'll be benched then at the end of the season you can go elsewhere.

Btw if you don't improve dramatically in the next game I will release you on Monday and get someone who wants to play here.

Have a nice day

interesting in the after game show on Fox they showed interviews with Mulvey and JA. Mulvey was chucking a mental saying the Roar were rubbish but praised our high intensity in the first half. Mulvey was disappointed they didn't cope with our first 30 min. JA reckoned we were OK and was happy with the way we took the game up to Roar but disappointed we didn't take our chances. When the camera went back to the studio Adam Peacock looked puzzled and asked Bozza and Bridgy whether a coach should be happy with a 3:0 loss LOL. And that is the difference between a proper coach and a coach on L-plates. Edited by HEARTinator

We did really well with "Plan A".  The big problem came when Roar adjusted to that (about the 35min mark, actually) and we just kept on with Plan A. 

Did anyone see the interview with Arnold after the CCM-Adelaide game?  Responded to a question about his subs, he said they had trained for a Plan B, in case they had problems, so thats what he swung into effect at 1-0 down.  

Who exactly is JA speaking to in those press conferences? He doesn't need to shmooze the press, he's teflon coated here and no press will take him on like they would with other coaches. He isn't addressing the players, what he says to them in the dressing room and at training is much more important. Hopefully he isn't talking to his own fans as these sort of comments are exactly the opposite of what we need to hear from our coach

Who exactly is JA speaking to in those press conferences? He doesn't need to shmooze the press, he's teflon coated here and no press will take him on like they would with other coaches. He isn't addressing the players, what he says to them in the dressing room and at training is much more important. Hopefully he isn't talking to his own fans as these sort of comments are exactly the opposite of what we need to hear from our coach

IIRC the FFA requires both head coaches to give a press conference after each game? So he has to say something. But agree with you. Personally sick of these bullshit statements about "positives", "we deserved more", "didn't take our chances" and so on and so forth...By continuing on in this way the club is taking its supporters for granted - and that is a very dangerous path to go down.

Some of us may be impetuous and demanding, but none of us are idiots. We deserve more than the same old platitudes.

We did really well with "Plan A".  The big problem came when Roar adjusted to that (about the 35min mark, actually) and we just kept on with Plan A. 

Did anyone see the interview with Arnold after the CCM-Adelaide game?  Responded to a question about his subs, he said they had trained for a Plan B, in case they had problems, so thats what he swung into effect at 1-0 down.  

I think this is certainly an issue wih us, and I think Arnold is a really good example of a good match day coach who can change things when the're not going well.

But yesterday, I really think plan A was working untill we conceded the second goal, which shouldnt have been allowed by the way, after which we were fucked both mentally and physically. There was no coming back from there no matter what JA could've done.

One issue that nobody has picked up on is the first few minutes immediately after half time where Brisbane came out all guns blazing while we seemed to take a few minutes to adjust to the intensity and pace. That's where we conceded the first goal. But we actually responded pretty well and got forward and created chances again after that. Is that JA's fault? Do professional footballers need to be told to be switched on right from the whistle? Maybe they do. But at that stage, I don't think it was necessarily a tactical adjustment that got Brisbane in front. It was simply their players being stung by a very pissed off coach at halftime.

Anyway, there was no need for us to change our tactics at that point because they were creating chances and weren't allowing Brisbane to play anywhere near the level they would expect to. Mulvey admitted that himself. I think JA had a good game yesterday. Ultimately the players let him down in key moments.

And just on the coaches comments after the game, I don't see why people are so obsessed. Both coaches thought we played well. I thought so too. Ultimately not good enough, but the effort and approach was worth being positive about.

Edited by Sash
  • Like 1

I'd like to hear him address us, the fans, and be honest

We will probably manage an away win before this happens. For a club that sells itself on fan engagement they don't really rate communication with fans:

- Shit press conferences that don't provide any explanations

- No communication with fans on injuries

If the club continues on this path in the coming month they will not only alienate the casual fan but many of the clubs core fans, which could spell disaster. 

Happy with Mifsud, not happy with migliorini. Very average player. Give a youth player experience this year. Send him back to serie c. Bad recruiting again from heart.

Shit post IMO, he might be pretty average over a dead ball, but it's not his fault he's taking them... He has definitely been one of the better players in the side and forms a pretty good partnership with Mass.

Its no coincidence that Roar destroyed us through the middle once he came off, most attacks came through the right side of midfield where he had been playing.

Also 13 of our 15 shots were created while he was on the pitch.

Biggest issue in the game, early on at least, was the ineffectiveness of the No.10 pulling the strings and linking the MIDs and and attackers, as a lot of advances were killed off early by Roar.

TLDR: we got A LOT more pressing issues than Migliorini at RM..

Edited by LR9
  • Like 2

I think this is certainly an issue wih us, and I think Arnold is a really good example of a good match day coach who can change things when the're not going well.

But yesterday, I really think plan A was working untill we conceded the second goal, which shouldnt have been allowed by the way, after which we were fucked both mentally and physically. There was no coming back from there no matter what JA could've done.

One issue that nobody has picked up on is the first few minutes immediately after half time where Brisbane came out all guns blazing while we seemed to take a few minutes to adjust to the intensity and pace. That's where we conceded the first goal. But we actually responded pretty well and got forward and created chances again after that. Is that JA's fault? Do professional footballers need to be told to be switched on right from the whistle? Maybe they do. But at that stage, I don't think it was necessarily a tactical adjustment that got Brisbane in front. It was simply their players being stung by a very pissed off coach at halftime.

Anyway, there was no need for us to change our tactics at that point because they were creating chances and weren't allowing Brisbane to play anywhere near the level they would expect to. Mulvey admitted that himself. I think JA had a good game yesterday. Ultimately the players let him down in key moments.

And just on the coaches comments after the game, I don't see why people are so obsessed. Both coaches thought we played well. I thought so too. Ultimately not good enough, but the effort and approach was worth being positive about.

That's all nice that our tactics were good for periods there. The question is if popovic or Arnold were coaching heart yesterday would we have conceded 3 goals????

Happy with Mifsud, not happy with migliorini. Very average player. Give a youth player experience this year. Send him back to serie c. Bad recruiting again from heart.

Shit post IMO, he might be pretty average over a dead ball, but it's not his fault he's taking them... He has definitely been one of the better players in the side and forms a pretty good partnership with Mass.

Its no coincidence that Roar destroyed us through the middle once he came off, most attacks came through the right side of midfield where he had been playing.

Biggest issue in the game, early on at least, was the ineffectiveness of the No.10 pulling the strings and linking the MIDs and and attackers, as a lot of advances were killed off early by Roar.

TLDR: we got A LOT more pressing issues than Migliorini at RM..

He is very slow and was second to the ball. If you have foxtel watch it again and you will see why we lost the game.

We got killed in the middle of the park. God know how much the score would have been if berisha was playing

TLDR: we got A LOT more pressing issues than Migliorini at RM.. He is very slow and was second to the ball. If you have foxtel watch it again and you will see why we lost the game.

We got killed in the middle of the park. God know how much the score would have been if berisha was playing

Not sure what game you were watching, but I'm with LR9, he's the least of our worries. Thought he played some nice passes yesterday as well.

• Like 1

He is very slow and was second to the ball. If you have foxtel watch it again and you will see why we lost the game.

Dude what are you on about...? Do you know which one Migliorini is? He was the one wearing 25, he also got a hair cut during the week, so I can understand the confusion...

When he went off we were down 1-0, after conceding against the run of play, we had a shot count of 13-6 in our favour at that stage and had created a lot more clear cut chances than Roar.

We lost control of the game and Brisbane were well on top for that last 20-25 minutes, and tore shreads off us, while he was of the park.

So yeah, guess you're right. We lost coz of Migliorini... because JA decided to take him off?

Edited by LR9
  • Like 3

That's a very interesting piece.

I seem to remember a headline some 2-3 years ago along the lines of "Heart rue profligacy in front of goal." Really nothing has changed. We've scored four goals in the past nine A-League matches. That's not going to win us very much at all.

Quite rightly on here we see a lot about defence and transition through midfield, but is that really our main problem? We must have a very poor conversion-to-chance ratio when it comes to goal-scoring. Maybe that's where the coaching staff need to be putting a lot more emphasis. We're also pretty poor at set-pieces, and that's not helping either.

That's a very interesting piece.

I seem to remember a headline some 2-3 years ago along the lines of "Heart rue profligacy in front of goal." Really nothing has changed. We've scored four goals in the past nine A-League matches. That's not going to win us very much at all.

Quite rightly on here we see a lot about defence and transition through midfield, but is that really our main problem? We must have a very poor conversion-to-chance ratio when it comes to goal-scoring. Maybe that's where the coaching staff need to be putting a lot more emphasis. We're also pretty poor at set-pieces, and that's not helping either.

All those things are our problems :wub: