Melbourne Football

RD4 Brisbane vs MHFC, Suncorp 5pm EST

cadete

Gol gol would want to start having a crack. Lazy pr*ck has gone on to long relying on talent.

I'd rather see one of the youth boys play, namely Mauk, who will at least have a dip.

Sooner or later Mauk will catch the MH Bug and be as bad as rest of them...

Going to have to be blind drunk to get through this. Actually i can't wait to see David Williams article in the paper again this week, or whatever heart player. Going to say something like 'whoops we fucked up last week, but dw we'll win this week! it's all mental'

Kewell needs to come back or we could seriously get thumped here.

I'm afraid I think we will lose this game.

I don't see we're weakened in defence because of Kisnorbo - as Sash has said elsewhere a detailed analysis of him is that he has not added very much - we have Gerhardt and Vrankovic ready to step up.

I doubt that Kewell will play.

Our problems will be our mindset. We are conditioned to expect to lose away from home, and with Aloisi likely to be even more defensive than before as the pressure mounts, we will be unlikely to score and will cough up a couple of goals as the game wears on.

Up front we are scratching around. I would keep Ramsay and Mifsud. GolGol and Williams are lazy players, and Mate is out of form. I'd bring in Mauk in midfield and Garuccio as the other winger, with Walker another possiblity.

If Aloisi sticks with this defensive/negative/counter-attack crap (which, by the way, has nothing to do with having a good defence, because even a good defence will crack if the pressure goes on long enough) then we will lose. Our only chance is to start to play some sensible attacking football.

This will be one of those games where we'll turn around and say "well how the fuck did we beat Brisbane but lose to Perth." Everyone's predicting a loss, exactly why I'm predicting a win.

That's just the nature of the A-League I guess.

While you're right that anything can happen including us winning this game, I'd rather go into this weekend expecting nothing at all and having the boys shock me. Am not confident about it happening, but would love us to pinch it.

The only positive I can think going into this game is that we defeated Brisbane 2-1 at Suncorp in our record 5 game winning streak two seasons ago (our third-last away win, second-last was Perth and finally SFC - all came in that 5 game winning streak!).

That win came the week after Brisbane's record run of 35 games undefeated came to an end by SFC and we thought they'd come out and rip us to shreds. That was the game where Germano scored and finally took that Christmas hat out of his jocks!

Ahhh meeemooooorriiiiiieeeeessss....  :wub:

The only positive I can think going into this game is that we defeated Brisbane 2-1 at Suncorp in our record 5 game winning streak two seasons ago (our third-last away win, second-last was Perth and finally SFC - all came in that 5 game winning streak!).

That win came the week after Brisbane's record run of 35 games undefeated came to an end by SFC and we thought they'd come out and rip us to shreds. That was the game where Germano scored and finally took that Christmas hat out of his jocks!

Ahhh meeemooooorriiiiiieeeeessss.... :wub:

An after game quote like this would do my head a world of good after last weekends complete fuck up:

"After a record 36-game undefeated streak Brisbane have now suffered back-to-back losses and their first defeat at home since January 2010 after being overpowered 2-1 by an impressive Melbourne Heart unit at Suncorp Stadium on Friday night.

The defending Hyundai A-League champions were a disjointed mess, while the Heart were in sync from the outset, executing a measured game-plan to perfection."

http://www.footballaustralia.com.au/aleague/matchcentre/Brisbane-Roar-FC-v-Melbourne-Heart-FC-Hyundai-A-League/2133

Edited by HEARTinator

4-1 Brisbane.

Anyone who thinks Heart are a chance by planing to sit back and hit on the counter against a professional outfit like Brisbane are kidding themselves.

They're going to be missing key personnel including Berisha and Miller though which gives us a sniff. 

But if we play like we did in Perth then yeah, no chance.

I expect roar to score 3 times

We may get lucky to get behind them and squeeze one past TheoClitoris

Ah, so that's why he changed his name!

He coped plenty from us last year

I know, it was a cheap shot but beats telling Danny V to stand up all the time.

The definition of ambivalence is whether to watch the game or not. At least I'll save some money as we've forgotten about the idea of going to an away game this season. This will be the first season without one but we've got better things to spend the money on until something changes. We have a good record against Roar but really I can't see us improving enough in 1 week after that performance in Perth. I predict Roar 4 Heart 0.

Lets hope we dont score first because if we do then we'll most likely defend from our penalty box (a famous JA tactic) and concede a few easy goals due to the players shitting themselves (also implemented by JA)

We will still defend like that if we are down, because risking winning a point is not worth losing by a couple extra goals

Lets hope we dont score first because if we do then we'll most likely defend from our penalty box (a famous JA tactic) and concede a few easy goals due to the players shitting themselves (also implemented by JA)

Remember Wellington away? Hahaha

2-0 up after 15 and then parking the bus with Grey & Vrankovic

We've had some stinkers, but that one was right up there!

• Like 1

Grey? Was he the Irish guy, thought he didn't play a game at all

Steven Gray was JA's best ever signing. According to Wikipedia he did play one game for us.

Yeah, we have had some real stinkers in three-and-a-bit seasons.

I think my nomination for the worst-ever was the 0-2 home loss to Newcastle on a wet day - possibly the most insipid performance I've ever seen from any football team. Closely followed by our loss in Wellington when Bolton blamed a "puff of wind" for conceding a goal.

Gol gol would want to start having a crack. Lazy pr*ck has gone on to long relying on talent.

I'd rather see one of the youth boys play, namely Mauk, who will at least have a dip.

Gol gol will flourish under a different coach and style of play. He has the ability all he needs is the support and the confidence infront of goal. Imagine if Ange had him...

During the Victory game I was actually debating whether scoring a goal would be a good thing or not. Decided the best thing for us is to keep it 0-0, lull the opposition into boredom, hit them in the 92nd minute and hopefully hold on for the last minute or two. I think I've worked out JA's cunning plan for away games. It's bound to work eventually.

• Like 1

Steven Gray was JA's best ever signing. According to Wikipedia he did play one game for us.

I think my nomination for the worst-ever was the 0-2 home loss to Newcastle on a wet day - possibly the most insipid performance I've ever seen from any football team. Closely followed by our loss in Wellington when Bolton blamed a "puff of wind" for conceding a goal.

Went to that game and i think your pretty spot on

Went to that game and i think your pretty spot on

Newcastle also had a man sent off early on

yes Newcastle was down to 10 men, had 2 shots on goal and scored twice. We had 25 shots...

Grey? Was he the Irish guy, thought he didn't play a game at all Steven Gray was JA's best ever signing. According to Wikipedia he did play one game for us.

I think my nomination for the worst-ever was the 0-2 home loss to Newcastle on a wet day - possibly the most insipid performance I've ever seen from any football team. Closely followed by our loss in Wellington when Bolton blamed a "puff of wind" for conceding a goal. Went to that game and i think your pretty spot on

Newcastle also had a man sent off early on

I used all my tiger air vomit bags on that day