Melbourne Football

RND 3 Heart v Perth (Sun 27th - away)

Cinnamon

I agree with others, our failure to keep possession is what's hurting us the most. There's just no let up, so we're always defending, and not from a position of strength. Great effort by Kisnorbo, Wielaert and Behich is particular have helped us keep a clean sheet.

Nearly all of Perth's attack's have come down Hoffman's side, I agree. He's being tested, and I'm not sure he's passing.

Williams isn't a number 10, and he did well last week because he switched places with Golgol. As seen with both goals, Golgol was deeper and Williams was more up field, which is where he should be.

Mifsud like Tadic last season. Just getting no service.

Hope to see some changes in the second half.

Look I no I said JA would last till round 10, but I'm starting to think that's to far away... Even if we win this game, it's still bullshit football that's why the score board never counts for the whole season... A few ppl got carried away last week and said we played great football, we played the same only difference was Central Coast sat that deep and let us hold the ball. P.S Hoffman could easily get the job at right back for Malta.

John Aloisi hasn't guided us to a win on the road in more than a season. No method and no directive. Long balls into Ramsey and Mifsud? Seriously. We rely on luck to score.

Even the recruitment strategy is shit. We've recruited 3 or 4 injury prone journeyman while the likes of Victory & co have added young, hungry Australians.

FFS. Sort it out.

Positives:

we didn't put in a supine second half performance like last season and weren't intimidated by Perth bully boys.

we didn't run out of legs

good signs for us away

better service for Mifsud when Kewell is playing

Negatives:

we lost again although it looked like Kisnorbo got injured before he conceded the goal

Kisnorbo injured

first half very poor

If we are going to play counter-attack we need to press in midfield like Dortmund otherwise we win the ball too far away from goal

Hoffman

Hoffman

Hoffman

Hoffman

Hoffman

every team will attack us through Hoffman, easy route to goal

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 2

boy oh boy woweee what the fuck was that? And now kisnorbo looks like he's going to be out for a while. Great :up:

No positive play throughout the whole game, until Perth got the goal we actually decided to pass foward instead of passing backwards.

Got smashed in midfield, misfud got no service, everythings fucked

• Like 1

Why doesn't anyone push up when we are attacking? 1-0 down and absolutely no urgency in sending a few more shirts up forward during an attack.

You know that when the commentators are saying JA will be really proud of how the boys played today, that the aims and ambitions of the club under his guidance are all over the place.