Melbourne Football

Unpopular Opinions That You Have.

xXJawsaXx

The funny thing is I am not even angry and I actually had a good day today... 

I just feel this forum has gone down the drain in posting standards and few whacks of the whip were needed to be delivered as PPL have been getting away with posting some real shite lately and then have not been pinged for it then doing it again and again. Good forums need kents so idiots learn how to post its the same on FA and I could even name the kents that do as such on Mong.net if your really bored.

But this place has lost a lot of good posters in the last nine or so months who you count on to make sure this crap was kept under control... guys like Malloy, Bazzatron, Braveheart and few others barely go on here or dont at all and it has seen the place gather some real dust. I am not talking about PPL posting shit that is ethically right or wrong I just mean posting unreadable shite like the stuff Strider normally delivers every fucken day.

So as easily the biggest kent on this forum I thought I pull out the whip today and do a bit of early spring cleaning.

NOTE: My shit with Telsa is just the general back and forward we have on here and in RL... probably more heightened by not being able to see him for months to discuss Balkan Genetics in RL.

You can have the heavy hand of the moderators if that's what you really want - for example on the "Thursday 10.am" past-its-use-by-date joke.  - that's if it was even remotely funny in the first place. IMO as moderators we've tried not to interfere too often, mainly because the off-season is so bloody boring and there's not a lot to talk about in the first place.

It's really up to ppl to say what they want.

I'm not complaining about the moderating on here (If that was the case I would use my mod powers)...

The stuff I am talking about does not come under moderation it's just stupid annoying crap.

Generally what improves PPL's posting on any forum is the feedback they receive from the community at large not commentary from Mods anyway.

Interest in all team-based international sport will die off as all races mix into one and it loses its charm. Will essentially become government vs government instead of people vs people

Just like how we don't care when our majority-white sporting teams play other majority-white countries? Like the Bledisloe Cup or the Ashes. 

Who does? :hmm:

This is as bad as call as you saying that a JVS bad preseason is always followed up by a good JVS A-League season.

You really are on fire of late... I guess you are going for the trifecta tomorrow by going all the way down to Sleepy Hollow watch a football game you have no reason to attend other than to boo one individual football player.

Outside of the 40-50 people who browse this forum i can very much tell you the average city/heart fan still holds Willo in very high regard. Next home city game just listen to the people around you who talk about how good he is just because he has a bit of pace.

As for your second complaint i posted this a couple of days ago: http://forum.melbournefootball.com/topic/2937-sack-jvs-the-timeless-edition/?page=81#comment-262229

Our form has always been shit in pre season. Even before the FFA cup we had only ever won one pre season game against a-league competition (WSW in penalties I believe) so we can all lie to ourselves and say 'its only the pre-season dw about it' but for the most part of our history of shit pre-season form shows us what we are going to encounter in the real season.

So i don't know where you get that notion from, but don't let the facts get in the way of a good story :up:

And FWIW I'm down here watching the game atm due to the fact i am catching up with a good mate of mine i haven't seen for a while. I honestly don't give a fuck about Adam Goodes.

Just like how we don't care when our majority-white sporting teams play other majority-white countries? Like the Bledisloe Cup or the Ashes. 

ok, all team based international sport is a big stretch. I got carried away. I think football will have this problem,though, as the sport is unique in that the top clubs play at a comparative or higher level than the top national teams. 

UOTIH: The FFA cup is boring as shit and should be scrapped

there's room for improvement for sure, but I think the concept is great. 

There definitely needs to be more incentive for A-League sides to field strong sides but the state league sides also need to improve their ability to run out games and stick it to the stronger opposition. 

I think it just needs time, it'll be a great competition a few decades into the future

needs to be winner get acl spot

Agreed.

there's room for improvement for sure, but I think the concept is great. 

There definitely needs to be more incentive for A-League sides to field strong sides but the state league sides also need to improve their ability to run out games and stick it to the stronger opposition. 

I think it just needs time, it'll be a great competition a few decades into the future

I agree its a good concept, but the gap between state leagues and the a-leagues in skill level is a lot greater then I anticipated making the tournament boring and predictable. I don't know how you solve that without throwing more money at the state leagues to buy better players? The fact the draw is rigged to ensure state league teams make it deep into the latter part of the tournament takes a bit of the magic away from the tournament for me.

Just think it would be better for us to have a pre-season against some a-league teams tbh.

• Like 1

Agreed.

I agree its a good concept, but the gap between state leagues and the a-leagues in skill level is a lot greater then I anticipated making the tournament boring and predictable. I don't know how you solve that without throwing more money at the state leagues to buy better players? The fact the draw is rigged to ensure state league teams make it deep into the latter part of the tournament takes a bit of the magic away from the tournament for me.

Just think it would be better for us to have a pre-season against some a-league teams tbh.

It's a good concept, but flawed in design. I cannot see why the draw has to be rigged at all. The 10 A-League teams should come in at the Round of 32 (16 matches), but the draw should be random as it is in the FA Cup. At worst, all 10 A-League clubs would be drawn against non-league sides, but even if they all win, 6 non-league sides must still go through to the Round of 16 (8 matches). At worst all 6 non-league clubs will be drawn against A-League clubs in the Round of 16, and at worst all 6 will lose.

But it is unlikely that a random draw will always produce the same "A-League vs. non-league" outcome every time, and in any case the FA Cup regularly turns up a giant-killer on a cup run that grips the whole of England (been there, done that). So I'm pretty sure that we would see non-league sides getting through to the quarter-finals on a regular basis, and occasional giant-killing feats.

IMO the present format of A-League sides either playing away, or even if "at home" not on their usual home grounds, and the rigged draw, take most of the gloss off the competition.

• Like 1

It's a good concept, but flawed in design. I cannot see why the draw has to be rigged at all. The 10 A-League teams should come in at the Round of 32 (16 matches), but the draw should be random as it is in the FA Cup. At worst, all 10 A-League clubs would be drawn against non-league sides, but even if they all win, 6 non-league sides must still go through to the Round of 16 (8 matches). At worst all 6 non-league clubs will be drawn against A-League clubs in the Round of 16, and at worst all 6 will lose.

But it is unlikely that a random draw will always produce the same "A-League vs. non-league" outcome every time, and in any case the FA Cup regularly turns up a giant-killer on a cup run that grips the whole of England (been there, done that). So I'm pretty sure that we would see non-league sides getting through to the quarter-finals on a regular basis, and occasional giant-killing feats.

IMO the present format of A-League sides either playing away, or even if "at home" not on their usual home grounds, and the rigged draw, take most of the gloss off the competition.

I love the FFA cup.

The big problem with upsets though is that in England its not till the 6th tier that it "spreads" and even then its only 2 comps at that level.  Here in Australia we have 10 teams in tier 1 and about 80 teams in tier 2.  So all the "fringe A League" players are spread very thin at the next level down and it means that its difficult for any of those 80 sides to be competitive (though Edgeworth certainly were).  Right now though is their best chance, when they are in season and the A League clubs out of season.

On top of that some teams who qualified are another 2 tiers down (so that's 240 teams to spread players through, no wonder Balmain couldn't match it against the Tards)

If the FFA wants to bring teams closer together they need a national NPL league.

UOTYH: This Nick Kyrgios shit is getting out of hand. Obviously the bloke is a complete fuckwit that needs to get his head kicked in, but that was the case before this most recent incident anyway.

Now it's turning into some feminism crap, time to move on cause I cbf hearing it.

• Like 3

UOTYH: This Nick Kyrgios shit is getting out of hand. Obviously the bloke is a complete fuckwit that needs to get his head kicked in, but that was the case before this most recent incident anyway.

Now it's turning into some feminism crap, time to move on cause I cbf hearing it.

Had to laugh when I heard the news report it as a sexist slur. 

Its a sledge ffs, kents need to harden up

Everyone is just a crybaby pussy these days honestly. Kyrios is great for tennis, every other top player is just a carbon copy of each other personality wise: boring.

People are starting to talk about tennis again cause of this cunt. Hes a cunt, but he's an interesting cunt.