Melbourne Football

2013-14 MEMBERSHIPS

Red or Dead

I'm sure that it must be clear to the club that the apparent public ambition shown by the club is reflected in the degree of commitment shown by 'armchair' supporters who then make the commitment to buy a season ticket. Even if our season is disappointing, if the club shows in a concrete way that it is ambitious (rather than just talks about it) then support will come.

• Like 2

25% increase on last year comes at 5,938.

Would be great if this translates to a 25% jump in crowds, getting ~8.5k average to non derby games would be a huge improvement.

We're at 23% (5843) right now so we're gonna need a 2% jump (95 members) in a day and a half! :up:

C'mon !!!!!!!

Unreal result!!!!!

I'm sure that it must be clear to the club that the apparent public ambition shown by the club is reflected in the degree of commitment shown by 'armchair' supporters who then make the commitment to buy a season ticket. Even if our season is disappointing, if the club shows in a concrete way that it is ambitious (rather than just talks about it) then support will come.

And we still have to win games but I liken it to David Gallop who has used the media to great effect to champion the HAL. This year we have given out the message that we aim high and want to contend for silverware. People are responding.

Has anyone seen any statistics about how many people go to the game that aren't members, and how many members go. Would be interesting to see. 

There were some stats put out last season. The number of members who don't go to any particular game is staggeringly high - IIRC something like 40%. You can get an idea from looking at how many people are buying tickets at the ground, the number of members, and the attendance that is announced.

Has anyone seen any statistics about how many people go to the game that aren't members, and how many members go. Would be interesting to see. 

There were some stats put out last season. The number of members who don't go to any particular game is staggeringly high - IIRC something like 40%. You can get an idea from looking at how many people are buying tickets at the ground, the number of members, and the attendance that is announced.

Would have thought that members not going would have been slightly lower, but would be good to see some numbers.  :hmm:

40% was actually the figure of members that actually DO turn up, meaning on average at any given game 60% of members aren't there - that was at the forum during S3.

Over half attendees are 'walk ups'.

I'm not overly surprised tbh, means the average member attends around 6 of 13 games - take in to account kids, family memberships and 3/5 gamers.

Makes sense.

And we still have to win games but I liken it to David Gallop who has used the media to great effect to champion the HAL. This year we have given out the message that we aim high and want to contend for silverware. People are responding.

Yes we have to win games to keep fans engaged but even without playing a season game we can see how people respond. It isn't overwhelming but it is certainly positive. The challenge is to build on this by winning regularly.

Should be aiming for 10k average for home games, excluding derbies too.

We're still a couple years away from that IMO

id be happy with above 8.5k for most if not all games. Of course, that depends on results. Right in that meaty part of the curve...Not showin' off, not fallin' behind.

Edited by Dylan

So whats the update Peeps ?

What is the figure this morning then ?

5866 at the moment but its only early in the day.

I have this feeling that we are already at 6k members and that the club are holding the counter back to time the announcement perfectly for Derby Day.

Im probably wrong but it sounded good in my head lol

• Like 1

Victory - 20,135

West Sydney - 15,600

Sydney - 9,838

Newcastle - 9,000

Brisbane - 6,105

Heart - 5,841

Adelaide - 5,751

Central Coast - 5,349

Perth - 4,394

Wellington - 2,939

Updated. Up to 5841  :)  23 added in 1.5 hours.

Check out the late surge from Adelaide and CCM! Good on them! Exciting times ahead for the A-league and hopefully for MHFC

Victory - 20,135

West Sydney - 15,600

Sydney - 9,838

Newcastle - 9,000

Brisbane - 6,105

Heart - 5,841

Adelaide - 5,751

Central Coast - 5,349

Perth - 4,394

Wellington - 2,939

Updated. Up to 5841  :)  23 added in 1.5 hours.

Check out the late surge from Adelaide and CCM! Good on them! Exciting times ahead for the A-league and hopefully for MHFC

Wellington recently had an increase of over 500 to about 3,470 if i remember correctly

• Like 1

Victory - 20,135

West Sydney - 15,600

Sydney - 9,838

Newcastle - 9,000

Brisbane - 6,105

Heart - 5,841

Adelaide - 5,751

Central Coast - 5,349

Perth - 4,394

Wellington - 2,939

Updated. Up to 5841 :) 23 added in 1.5 hours.

Wellington recently had an increase of over 500 to about 3,470 if i remember correctly

i do find it interesting for a club that draws media attention for poor crowds that Heart are still doing better than four other A League clubs. considering that three of those clubs are foundation clubs and the other took over a foundation club's role as the pinnacle in NZ, I kinda wonder how much has to do with Heart just establishing itself in Melbourne.

for the majority of A League clubs, the instant buzz of the A League wasn't fully experienced until season 3 in terms of crowd recognition - most were building to that point (either steadily or as a way of remaining constant while finding their place in the local sporting market). in lieu of that, I wonder if with Heart's situation the crowds will now come once they start performing success wise to the point that non hardcore section of the Melbourne sporting scene actually know there are two viable options in Melbourne.

the memberships seem to be on the rise well and truly (similar to other clubs earlier in the piece) so now its just down to battling away on the field.

Edited by mattyh001