Melbourne Football

Iain Ramsay

Tesla

Just don't understand the threats towards someone in a team you are supporting. The guys confidence is obviously down, imagine he is reading these threats and rubbish on top of that. Just don't think it is needed.

The thing is, he isn't reading these backwaters of the internet, and if he is, then I'd argue he should probably get off the computer and go learn how to control a moving ball.

Now, say if the fucking Herald Sun was saying shit like they want him traded with one of the Bali 9, I'd agree that it's probably out of order. A few sad blokes with an unhealthy amount of passion for a plastic franchise marketing ploy however is a different story. Get over yourself.

I also don't believe that anyone should be worried about hurting the feelings of someone, especially if the subject is hopelessly incompetent at their profession.

• Like 2

Just don't understand the threats towards someone in a team you are supporting. The guys confidence is obviously down, imagine he is reading these threats and rubbish on top of that. Just don't think it is needed.

Then HE should do something about his football, if he keeps playing like he did yesterday then he fully deserves to be DROPPED from the playing roster, my god , i fail to see how a supposed professional footballer can make so many mistakes in one game. The idiot who said he was better than Duff needs to watch the whole game, Duff was still a big threat and shows more class than most of the rest of the team.

I agree he should be dropped and removed from the list ASAP but I wouldn't wish physical harm on him.

• Like 2

Then HE should do something about his football, if he keeps playing like he did yesterday then he fully deserves to be DROPPED from the playing roster, my god , i fail to see how a supposed professional footballer can make so many mistakes in one game. The idiot who said he was better than Duff needs to watch the whole game, Duff was still a big threat and shows more class than most of the rest of the team. It is obviously the managers fault for playing Ramsay. Ramsay is trying his hardest and is just not good enough. If a player is not good enough but keeps getting selected what do you want him to do? Not play?

The bloke had a bad game, yes, but people talking about punching him in the face, blowing his ACL etc is pretty poor form.

Couldn't agree more. We as MCFC supporters are better than that. Yes, he is shit but hoping he injures himself or making fun of his appearance is unacceptable.

Edited by Tony999
  • Like 5

The bloke had a bad game, yes, but people talking about punching him in the face, blowing his ACL etc is pretty poor form.

Couldn't agree more. We as MCFC supporters are better than that. Yes, he is shit but hoping he injures himself or making fun of his appearance is unacceptable.

Why though?

I think you're just saying what you feel is good, without actually giving thought to your mental process.

If he gets injured, he won't be in the squad anymore. This is a immense positive for the club, and is a small sacrifice to make. Even then, if it's serious enough, maybe he'll give up on his football, and go study something with which he will actually have a future in.

And as for commenting on his looks and general other misfortune, I'm sure that as an adult, Ramsay will be able to move on with his life from such horrible, terrible insults.

'We as MCFC supporters are better than that'. :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Like 1

Why though?

I think you're just saying what you feel is good, without actually giving thought to your mental process.

If he gets injured, he won't be in the squad anymore. This is a immense positive for the club, and is a small sacrifice to make. Even then, if it's serious enough, maybe he'll give up on his football, and go study something with which he will actually have a future in.

And as for commenting on his looks and general other misfortune, I'm sure that as an adult, Ramsay will be able to move on with his life from such horrible, terrible insults.

Mifsud never did, even after he left the club.

Why though?

All that we need is Garruccio is healthy and Clisby slots into left back and the problem is solved. No need for ropes to hang himself or for him to die in any other way for what is a player for our club that is under performing by along way yet giving his all.

Why though?

Mifsud never did, even after he left the club.

Mifsud still cops it.

To me he was a scapegoat for some of these other blokes who were just plain shite.

Ramsey imo was just as bad even worse last season, but didnt cop that much crap.

Ramsay. The Mifsud of 2014-15

Still hope he blows his ACL out. Everybody wins. We don't have to watch him fumble around like a drunken amputee trying on a new pair of prosthetics. While he gets to sit a home and find a profession where he actually has some suitability.

There are countless more players in this country deserving of a crack at being a professional footballer than a guy that takes kick and chase to a whole new level.

Then HE should do something about his football, if he keeps playing like he did yesterday then he fully deserves to be DROPPED from the playing roster, my god , i fail to see how a supposed professional footballer can make so many mistakes in one game. The idiot who said he was better than Duff needs to watch the whole game, Duff was still a big threat and shows more class than most of the rest of the team.

I agree he should be dropped and removed from the list ASAP but I wouldn't wish physical harm on him.

Neither would i just hope he gets himself together >

I am embarrassed by Ramsay. I'm done with him. I'd like him to leave at seasons end with Redmayne. Maybe JVS needs to go if he keeps playing Ramsay.

You don't have to put up with him as a team member. Think about Mooy, Duff, Koren, Melling etc.

Ramsay should be sacked.

Pay his contract out and get him out of our club.

If he's even on the bench for Saturday's Derby .......

Understood. I agree. I'm just frustrated with seeing him in the side.

Thanks to this cunt I had to listen to my wife lecture me about swearing with my son in the room. Absolute shitcunt, hope he blows out his ACL so no other clubs fans are put through the trauma of watching him masquerade as a professional footballer.

ditto

First time at a match i yelled the 'f' word and another few swear words in front of my mates wife and 7 y.o boy. I apologised, but she understands my frustration at how poor Ramsay sometimes plays.

The calls for injuries, death and the like are disgusting to be honest. I'm no fan but wow.

He ran hard yesterday, got in good positions, but as we all know (except our coach) is he is not skilled enough. Not good enough. Should be moved on.

His miss yesterday was beyond comprehension. Compounds everyone's opinion on him. It was dreadful.

• Like 6

The thing is, he isn't reading these backwaters of the internet, and if he is, then I'd argue he should probably get off the computer and go learn how to control a moving ball.

Now, say if the fucking Herald Sun was saying shit like they want him traded with one of the Bali 9, I'd agree that it's probably out of order. A few sad blokes with an unhealthy amount of passion for a plastic franchise marketing ploy however is a different story. Get over yourself.

I also don't believe that anyone should be worried about hurting the feelings of someone, especially if the subject is hopelessly incompetent at their profession.

I am upset about a lot of the comments posted over the last two pages. Very poor indeed. The man tries his guts out and any short falls are there for all to see. The comments are totally inappropriate and JVS has his job to do.

The highlighted comment however was priceless. :D

Ramsay only played and started because both Dugandzic and James Brown, other options at LW, injured themselves.

Jack Clisby is very new to the team, and it would have been a pretty significant reshuffle to give Clisby his debut at LB in yesterday's match, and also give Garuccio his first start at LW. I called for it, but I can see why it didn't happen.

He's clearly out there trying every match Ramsay, but for whatever reason he's completely empty on confidence. Ramsay scored 5 goals for Adelaide over the 2012/13 A-League season before he joined us (27 games, 19 starts, 1716 minutes), so he can do better. 

But it doesn't matter why he's not performing. His performances are just not good enough, and Ramsay has got to somehow turn things around himself, or he won't have much of a future at the club.

Williams has lifted after being dropped to the bench (not for the first time), so I'm pretty confident that Williams will start the next match in place of Ramsay. And then it's up to Williams and Ramsay to show what they can do from the respective roles that they are given. 

Edited by Murfy1

Almost feel sorry for him. Confidence is obviously completely shot to pieces at the minute.

Agreed. It's getting to Mifsud levels. It's not just best for the team, it's best for him right now that he goes back to the youth league to try to get a bit of confidence.

The thing is, even at his current underwhelming standard, Ramsay would be - what - one of the top 250-300 or so footballers in the country? I doubt many of us on here can say they're at the same level in their chosen profession.

• Like 1

Ramsay only played and started because both Dugandzic and James Brown, other options at LW, injured themselves.

Jack Clisby is very new to the team, and it would have been a pretty significant reshuffle to give Clisby his debut at LB in yesterday's match, and also give Garuccio his first start at LW. I called for it, but I can see why it didn't happen.

He's clearly out there trying every match Ramsay, but for whatever reason he's completely empty on confidence. Ramsay scored 5 goals for Adelaide over the 2012/13 A-League season before he joined us (27 games, 19 starts, 1716 minutes), so he can do better. 

But it doesn't matter why he's not performing. His performances are just not good enough, and Ramsay has got to somehow turn things around himself, or he won't have much of a future at the club.

Williams has lifted after being dropped to the bench (not for the first time), so I'm pretty confident that Williams will start the next match in place of Ramsay. And then it's up to Williams and Ramsay to show what they can do from the respective roles that they are given.

Well I am hoping Garuccio is fit for next weekend Murfy

Then Williams can remain on the bench

• Like 1

The thing is, even at his current underwhelming standard, Ramsay would be - what - one of the top 250-300 or so footballers in the country? I doubt many of us on here can say they're at the same level in their chosen profession.

"The thing is, even at his current underwhelming standard, Ramsay would be - what - one of the top 250-300 or so footballers in the country?"

You've got to be joking. Yes?

You only had to watch the FFA Cup games to see plenty of players better than Ramsay - and they were part timers!

"The thing is, even at his current underwhelming standard, Ramsay would be - what - one of the top 250-300 or so footballers in the country?"

You've got to be joking. Yes?

You only had to watch the FFA Cup games to see plenty of players better than Ramsay - and they were part timers!

No, I'm not. There'd be about 250 contracted senior players in the A-League and I find it hard to believe that Ramsay is the absolute worst of them all, given that he's played about 100 games in the past five seasons. I also find it hard to believe that there would be 50+ youth league players (not on senior contracts) and state league players that would be able to walk into an A-League club's match day squad. The FFA Cup players generally looked ok because they were playing against other part-timers, or A-League clubs that were treating the game as a training drill.

I think its been well established that Ramsay has performed well below the standard required and the standard we would accept as supporters. Are there better player's available? Definitely. Are there worse players in the A League? Probably. Can he improve before his contract expires? I think not. The main question is, should he be involved in any further games?

For the love of god please NO.

I think its been well established that Ramsay has performed well below the standard required and the standard we would accept as supporters. Are there better player's available? Definitely. Are there worse players in the A League? Probably. Can he improve before his contract expires? I think not. The main question is, should he be involved in any further games?

I agree, but we seem to have this perpetual injury problem at the club such that anyone who's actually fit is pretty much automatically in the match squad.

Current injuries/not match fits are at least:

Germano

Wielaert

Garuccio - maybe short-term

Brown

Dugandzic

Kennedy

(Velaphi)

I agree, but we seem to have this perpetual injury problem at the club such that anyone who's actually fit is pretty much automatically in the match squad.

Current injuries/not match fits are at least:

Germano

Wielaert

Garuccio - maybe short-term

Brown

Dugandzic

Kennedy

(Velaphi)

think mauk and marino might be on that list too

• Like 2

This is getting ridiculous.. He missed 1.5 sitters, but the rest of the game he was actually okay. I don't rate him AT ALL but on Sunday- despite the misses- he was at least a threat. It's not his fault with his level of ability, that our club pays him for it and plays him... so give it a rest.

Edited by tommac

That miss from the 6 yard box is unforgivable. He doesn't deserve a spot in the squad until he can prove that he can do his basic job. If it was his first mistake then yes maybe it's an overreaction, but this bloke has played this way since his arrival. For me it's the last chance.

This is getting ridiculous.. He missed 1.5 sitters, but the rest of the game he was actually okay. I don't rate him AT ALL but on Sunday- despite the misses- he was at least a threat. It's not his fault with his level of ability, that our club pays him for it and plays him... so give it a rest.

Some comments are over the top yes, but he never threatened the goal at all. His infamous open goal miss, his extremely poor crossing where he doesn't look to see if anyone is even in the box, he loses the ball quite easily and his step overs annoy me especially when he does them 5 metres away from the opposition player. In saying that he made some nice touches and was in the right position a few times. Would do well in some weaker asian leagues, but not this league.

Edited by n i k o
  • Like 1