Melbourne Football

Iain Ramsay

Tesla

I thought he actually played well apart from his shocking misses

it was the best he has done this season and if he had actually scored one, i get the feeling people would feel at least a bit better about him being at the club. Not in the slightest. If he had scored he would still be a terrible aleague player.

Now in the context of having a win I'm glad he did miss because it has cemented that Clisby will play left back and Garruccio on the wing.

Assuming that Garruccio  is not severely injured.

I thought he actually played well apart from his shocking misses

it was the best he has done this season and if he had actually scored one, i get the feeling people would feel at least a bit better about him being at the club.  

sadly tho, for all his puff and huff and all he did well - the misses he had are pretty unforgivable for fans.  

given he is at the club until the end of the season, i hope he manages to prove himself so at the very least he shows that he can in some way shape or form that he is capable at the a league level.  and, as you say, most of what he did tonight is a step in the right direction.  

he just wont win fans with misses like the two bad ones tonight

Yeah Rambo has played at lot worse than that for us.

It was a weird game from him actually.  IMO was great in all things except shooting, of which he was abysmal.  That last one - my 11 year old daughter would have buried that and no mistake.    

Played some good football today and the combination of him and Garuccio (till the injury) looked more threatening than Duff and Hoffman to my eye.

Those misses however are inexcusable and sadly for him, is how his game will be remembered and judged on.

Looked a man lost of all confidence by the end and should have his spot taken by Willo next week.

• Like 1

horrible misses but he still had a better game than duff

Dude. I'm a moderator, and as such I want to promote discussion on this forum and set a good example in regards to respecting others opinions and not abusing other members. So please don't take it lightly when I say I honestly can't tell if you're a fucking shithouse troll or just have zero clue about the sport because 90% of the shit you say on here is so incredibly retarded.

lol congrats "dude"

he was a bigger threat than duff today, move on

horrible misses but he still had a better game than duff

Dude. I'm a moderator, and as such I want to promote discussion on this forum and set a good example in regards to respecting others opinions and not abusing other members. So please don't take it lightly when I say I honestly can't tell if you're a fucking shithouse troll or just have zero clue about the sport because 90% of the shit you say on here is so incredibly retarded.

Owe you a like.

Owe Thrillhouse an instructional DVD about football

• Like 1

He invented a new move tonight. Forget about stepover bring on the Ramsay tripover. Truly embarrassing. Forced a change that on paper made no sense, but because it meant Ramsay was replaced actually benefited the team.

Must have been when we were all laughing and joking saying, "Look. He's now tackled himself."

The only way to treat all the Ramsay stuff ups, and his 5 - 10 touches play going nowhere is as a bit of comedy, a bit of light relief, otherwise it would just be too depressing.

• Like 1

If that performance is the barometer for A-League standard every bloke from State League 3 upwards should be on trial in the off season. Can't beat an opponent 1v1, can't cross, can't pass, can't tackle and can't put the ball into an empty net. Being quick just doesn't cut it, the bloke never has and never will be good enough to be in a team that has any aspirations to win anything.

Hear! Hear!

We were asking, "Would he make Bentleigh Greens?"

How come Ramsay started instead of Williams.

Williams is pretty ordinary, but compared to Ramsay, Williams is a champion.

I think Williams looked pretty solid once he came on to be honest.

Will start ahead of Ramsay in the Derby

If you can find another human being that thinks Ramsay was better than Duff today then I'll shout both of your lobotomies.

Duff was energetic and serviceable.  I reckon it must be embarrassing for him being on the same pitch and same team as a player like Ramsay.

I regularly watch FA Cup games on ESPN. Forget about League Two. Am I being too harsh when I say the way Ramsay is currently playing is not even up to lowly English Conference standard.

I am embarrassed by Ramsay. I'm done with him. I'd like him to leave at seasons end with Redmayne. Maybe JVS needs to go if he keeps playing Ramsay.

You don't have to put up with him as a team member. Think about Mooy, Duff, Koren, Melling etc.

Ramsay should be sacked.

Pay his contract out and get him out of our club. 

If he's even on the bench for Saturday's Derby .......

If you can find another human being that thinks Ramsay was better than Duff today then I'll shout both of your lobotomies.

Duff was energetic and serviceable.  I reckon it must be embarrassing for him being on the same pitch and same team as a player like Ramsay.

I regularly watch FA Cup games on ESPN. Forget about League Two. Am I being too harsh when I say the way Ramsay is currently playing is not even up to lowly English Conference standard.

i have attended many league 1 games in the past & i can guarantee Ramsay is at best Conference standard on a good day !!

This guy must be the luckiest shitc..t in the history of football!

1. He leaves Adelaide to come to a shit team coached by a shit coach, which made him look decent. If he was still in Adelaide, he wouldn't still be Adelaide United with Gombau at the helm.

2. He then gets game time as a left back even under JvS because we basically had NO OTHER OPTION!

3. Finally JvS realises he's a shit back and moves him to the wing so keeps his spot in the line up.

4. Then Williams and Dugandzic get fat and lazy respectively so he gets to keep his spot as a Left Wing.

5. Then JvS decides to play Duff on the right so this guy AGAIN gets to keep his spot on the left wing.

6. Then we sign a dedicated Left Back, which would see Garuccio replace Ramsay on the left wing, but Garuccio gets injured and this retard gets to keep his spot YET AGAIN on the left wing!

Luckiest carnt ever!!

"International

Apart from Australia, Ramsay is eligible to play for Scotland through his father who is originally from Edinburgh, the capital of Scotland. Ramsay is also eligible to play for the Philippines through his mother's heritage. Ramsay aims of playing for Australia but also considers the Philippines as "a great option" if he is not able to get a call-up from the Australian national team."

At http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iain_Ramsay

The bloke had a bad game, yes, but people talking about punching him in the face, blowing his ACL etc is pretty poor form.

Agree, he's trying his best and we can't criticise him for that. The issue is the quality of his play, way below what is required in any position that he has played for us. I hope that he leaves and finds a level of football where he can enjoy his game, it'll be well below HAL though.

• Like 2

The bloke had a bad game, yes, but people talking about punching him in the face, blowing his ACL etc is pretty poor form.

Agree, he's trying his best and we can't criticise him for that. The issue is the quality of his play, way below what is required in any position that he has played for us. I hope that he leaves and finds a level of football where he can enjoy his game, it'll be well below HAL though.

I agree the aggressiveness is tad over the top. He frustrates the hell out of me as well. Better for for both ramsey and the club if he sits the year out and starts looking abroad. As much as we get angry at Ramsey the bigger picture is that JVS continuously plays him, knowing that Ramsey's best is far below what is required in the A league. 

I agree the aggressiveness is tad over the top. He frustrates the hell out of me as well. Better for for both ramsey and the club if he sits the year out and starts looking abroad. As much as we get angry at Ramsey the bigger picture is that JVS continuously plays him, knowing that Ramsey's best is far below what is required in the A league. 

Fuck off you PC pricks, it's a football forum, not a Human Rights convention.

Get off your horse.

• Like 1

Just don't understand the threats towards someone in a team you are supporting. The guys confidence is obviously down, imagine he is reading these threats and rubbish on top of that. Just don't think it is needed.

Then HE should do something about his football, if he keeps playing like he did yesterday then he fully deserves to be DROPPED from the playing roster, my god , i fail to see how a supposed professional footballer can make so many mistakes in one game. The idiot who said he was better than Duff needs to watch the whole game, Duff was still a big threat and shows more class than most of the rest of the team.

• Like 1