Melbourne Football

Re-Sign Garcia

MARKMILES

Now Garcia is saying on twitter that the 400k is not true.

Yeah the article has just been taken down. Wtf is going on?

I'm reading the comments on his twitter account now, he claims that negotiations stalled because the club wanted to deal with "another player" who I'm assuming is Engelaar but he also says that future negotiations are still possible.

If he pulls his head in and shows a bit more commitment to the club then I'd be more than happy to have him back as I think he is a quality asset to the team but if he doesn't want to, then he should do himself and us fans a favour by leaving.

Not sure about that article.

Garcia has already come out and said it's incorrect or at least implied that he's not asking for $400k, and we know the club tends to take great offence when it's reported that it was unavailable for comment, because it almost always is.  

Is it possible that the sticking point isn't even dollars, but years? Maybe after being locked into Fred and Colosimo a year too long the club is reluctant to hand out long term deals to older players, something that Garcia could very well be asking for considering he may want some security in his final years.

Garcia is not a marquee quality player. Let's assume $350,000 in a $2.5 million salary cap. That only leaves $100,000 average for the rest of the squad. In addition, with small salary capped squads there is a list management risk in signing an older player on a significant amount of the salary cap on a multi year deal. 

With a small salary cap in relation to a small squad it's very easy for a player to price himself out of a position with any A League club. 

To be perfectly blunt, most A League starting 11 players could get more money playing with a club in one of the many non salary capped football competitions around the world, including any number of the weaker

Asian club competitions in places like India, Thailand, Indonesia etc.

Rj

Dx jv jrkX VRJJ

SZRZCKR

X

What? I swear i didn't post this.

Wonder if I managed to send this from my pocket?

I was trying to decypher it over a cup of dilmah but I guess not now... :(

Btw did "Dx" = dicks by any chance? That was the only thing I had worked out. That and the kiss at the end.

Rj

Dx jv jrkX VRJJ

SZRZCKR

X

What? I swear i didn't post this.

Wonder if I managed to send this from my pocket? I was trying to decypher it over a cup of dilmah but I guess not now... :(

Btw did "Dx" = dicks by any chance? That was the only thing I had worked out. That and the kiss at the end.

Still a better post than anything by Major League Baseball Holden Racing Team

• Like 1

I'd say that's pretty much nit-picking there LR9.

Richie played for Heart didn't he? We don't have to expunge any and all records of him do we, or are you into the re-writing of history?

The issue was using his image to promote the membership campaign for next season, when the chances of him playing for us were diminishing by the week. Once those chances were finally extinguished the image was removed.

Move on.

I vote we close the thread.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 2