Melbourne Football

Our Marquee Man...

heart_fan10

Word from JD's uncle:

- Josh Kennedy almost definitely Aus marquee.

- We have 2.5mil to spend on an international marquee, Joe Cole is a name they're looking at.

The second point has been stated in articles. Not sure what that means about the claim that City don't do any business through the media.

Any news on OE?

Nah but he's gone I imagine.

Word from JD's uncle:

- We have 2.5mil to spend on an international marquee, Joe Cole is a name they're looking at.

The second point has been stated in articles. Not sure what that means about the claim that City don't do any business through the media.

There's a difference between "doing business through the media" and the media reporting on rumours. City is a big corporation so information is bound to leak out very now and then. 

Word from JD's uncle:

There's a difference between "doing business through the media" and the media reporting on rumours. City is a big corporation so information is bound to leak out very now and then. 

Fantastic news about Kennedy.

I think there was a sort of hint in the media. Namely, when the Lampard article emerged, the club denied it a day later. Whereas when this (http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/371711/Mark-Noble-urges-West-Ham-fans-to-create-a-positive-atmosphere-at-Upton-Park) Joe Cole article emerged a bit before, the club was silent about it.

By A-League standards, $2.5 million on a single player, even the international marquee, is pretty high. Engelaar got $750k a season, Shinji Ono got $800k a season and Heskey reportedly got $1 million a season. So Heart would pretty much spend as much on one player as the price of all those marquees combined (even though some of those players were arguably overpaid).

ADP got $4 million, but that's because Sydney FC is atrocious when it comes to recruitment, and it overspends on every player.

Getting Joe Cole for $2.5m or less a season would be something of a steal. He currently makes 90,000 pounds a week ($163k p/w AUD). That's over $8 million a year in Australian dollars. Ok he's probably overpaid, but still given the state of modern football it would be completely unsurprising if some club from somewhere like Russia or China offered him more than $2.5m 

And he would dominate the league, I fully agree with that. He's an excellent technical player, and would make a very good no 10 for the team. Cole is definitely the kind of player Heart should be looking at signing for the international marquee.

Lisandro lopez! Saviola! The best player to get would be Mauro ZARATE! Use to play for Birmingham when they where in epl then went to seria a and played for lazio (pretty sure) and now is playing for velez where he began. Not sure his situation where he is back there for good and wants to stay home or still thinking of playing else where. Mauro zarate is the best footballer playing in argentina! Get on him!

Edited by Argentinez

Lisandro lopez! Saviola! The best player to get would be Mauro ZARATE! Use to play for Birmingham when they where in epl then went to seria a and played for lazio (pretty sure) and now is playing for velez where he began. Not sure his situation where he is back there for good and wants to stay home or still thinking of playing else where. Mauro zarate is the best footballer playing in argentina! Get on him!

He pretty much carried my Fifa ultimate team for my first few seasons haha

• Like 1

Not just a quality player but would actually be very entertaining to watch.

Also if he comes he will be terminating his existing huge contract with west ham for a smaller one because he wants to play. Would be a perfect marquee considering that, but I can see competition for his signature coming from MLS.

Seeing that city group are so tight lipped about any details regarding any club matters I would then assume that JD might be in a bit of trouble if they find out he's been giving away information to family members that are telling the public?

Eh. Didn't really say anything definite and it's pretty much all been reported anyway.

Seeing that city group are so tight lipped about any details regarding any club matters I would then assume that JD might be in a bit of trouble if they find out he's been giving away information to family members that are telling the public?

Eh. Didn't really say anything definite and it's pretty much all been reported anyway.

Edited by n i k o

Eh. Didn't really say anything definite and it's pretty much all been reported anyway. And I'm not questioning you I'm questioning the information being given and it's truth. Its possible but I wouldn't think JD would be risking his position/job giving information out to anyone. I wouldn't think... Edited by n i k o

Eh. Didn't really say anything definite and it's pretty much all been reported anyway.And I'm not questioning you I'm questioning the information being given and it's truth. Its possible but I wouldn't think JD would be risking his position/job giving information out to anyone. I wouldn't think...

Yeah fair enough.

ok guys maybe you can help me out here. these are the rumours I’ve heard through no reliable source but from a couple of different parties.

Aussie Marquee:                         Josh Kennedy

International Marquee:                Marco Bresciano

Guest 10 game appearance:       Lampard to play before the MLS season starts where he is supposed to be signed by NYC.

also Aloisi gets to pick 2 youth players which will be loaned to us for the season.

anyone else heard anything like this or just the usual shit talk that floats around in the off season?

Edited by R410

ok guys maybe you can help me out here. these are the rumours I’ve heard through no reliable source but from a couple of different parties.

Aussie Marquee: Josh Kennedy

International Marquee: Marco Bresciano

Guest 10 game appearance: Lampard to play before the MLS season starts where he is supposed to be signed by NYC.

also Aloisi gets to pick 2 youth players which will be loaned to us for the season.

anyone else heard anything like this or just the usual shit talk that floats around in the off season?

You're about 5 months too late on aloisi mate

• Like 4

Guest 10 game appearance:       Lampard to play before the MLS season starts where he is supposed to be signed by NYC.

Okay so Bresc is an Australian...

Obvious troll is obvious

Aussie Marquee: Josh Kennedy

International Marquee: Marco Bresciano

Guest 10 game appearance: Lampard to play before the MLS season starts where he is supposed to be signed by NYC.

You're about 5 months too late on aloisi mate

It was a condition of his severance package

Not that the original post should be taken seriously but surely International marquee can be an Australian? 

Not that the original post should be taken seriously but surely International marquee can be an Australian? 

I may be wrong but I don't think so. The marquee concept was originally for a visa/foreign/international player. The concept of an Australian marquee was added later and is for a player of Australian nationality.

Wait, what's Aloisi got to do with this?

Haven't you heard? He's been given the assistant coaching role and apparently he will have a big say on recruitment.

And if jvs doesn't perform adequately and is given the sack aloisi will play interim coach for the remainder of the season

Haven't you heard? He's been given the assistant coaching role and apparently he will have a big say on recruitment.

And if jvs doesn't perform adequately and is given the sack aloisi will play interim coach for the remainder of the season

Does he make the tea, too?

Does he make the tea, too?

Ridiculous question. Do you think he's going to risk damaging his collection of Peter Werth suits dealing with hot scalding tea. I think not!