Melbourne Football

Our Marquee Man...

heart_fan10

How about Joe Cole?

In fairness he hasn't played since December for West Ham - so one would assume he's not upto EPL standards anymore but at the age of 32 I'm sure he could do some damage in the A-League!

"At this stage of my career finances are not important for me, I want to enjoy my football, I want to compete and I just want to play more."

A-League = Fitness

As long as he isn't injured...

Edited by Deviant

How about Joe Cole?

In fairness he hasn't played since December for West Ham - so one would assume he's not upto EPL standards anymore but at the age of 32 I'm sure he could do some damage in the A-League!

"At this stage of my career finances are not important for me, I want to enjoy my football, I want to compete and I just want to play more."

A-League = Fitness

As long as he isn't injured...

So we could get him under the salary cap then, considering he doesn't care about finances? :P

• Like 3

IMO We should have a "household name" player to capture the public who are interested in football but have never been attracted back to it here after the disappointment that was the NSL. A Beckham, Messi, Xavi type name. Just look at the numbers that came just to watch Hersey and ADP when they first arrived and how many turned up to watch the names in Liverpool. Joe Cole would fit this role beautifully and he would still have more than enough skills to stand out in the a-league. There are plenty of others.

• Like 1

This is a long shot. 

Tevez has just been left out of the Argentine WC squad. Currently 30, meaning next WC he'd be 34 and probably even further on the outer. Given the money talked about with respect to Lampard, why wouldn't you at least inquire about him or try to lure him away with dollars?

This is a long shot. 

Tevez has just been left out of the Argentine WC squad. Currently 30, meaning next WC he'd be 34 and probably even further on the outer. Given the money talked about with respect to Lampard, why wouldn't you at least inquire about him or try to lure him away with dollars?

Because he's making massive money, playing really well, and is well liked at Juve.

Lampard and samaras tick all the right boxes for me. Joe cole is injury prone. Surely we have learnt from the grella , Fred and Kewell experience!!!!!!

Not sure how you can put Samaras and Lampard in the same sentence. Extremely biased view.

Mourinho keen on offering Lampard a new deal anyway.

Lampard and samaras tick all the right boxes for me. Joe cole is injury prone. Surely we have learnt from the grella , Fred and Kewell experience!!!!!!

Not sure how you can put Samaras and Lampard in the same sentence. Extremely biased view.

Has an Australian passport.

I don't think that's his point.

• Like 1

Has an Australian passport.

I don't think that's his point.

This. Just because Samaras wouldn't take an international marquee spot, That doesnt mean he ticks all the boxes. Only 8 international goals gives you some proof that these 2 players are on different planets from one another.

I think a lot of people here underestimate just how good Samaras could be for us here in the a league. He will no doubt play in the World Cup for Greece, and only a few months ago there was a poll amongst Barcelona fans on who they would like to see play for them. There were around 10 players in the poll and Samaras got the most votes, I presume because he played well against Barcelona in the champions league.

• Like 1

I think a lot of people here underestimate just how good Samaras could be for us here in the a league. He will no doubt play in the World Cup for Greece, and only a few months ago there was a poll amongst Barcelona fans on who they would like to see play for them. There were around 10 players in the poll and Samaras got the most votes, I presume because he played well against Barcelona in the champions league.

Or because a bunch of Greeks decided to show a bit of faux nationalistic pride and hijacked the poll. Fuck, I highly doubt fans of any of the clubs in the top half of La Liga would want Samaras to play for them, let alone Barcelona.

• Like 1

Or because a bunch of Greeks decided to show a bit of faux nationalistic pride and hijacked the poll. Fuck, I highly doubt fans of any of the clubs in the top half of La Liga would want Samaras to play for them, let alone Barcelona.

You highly doubt do you? Why don't you google Samaras Barcelona and poll and read one of many articles on this topic. Some of the other players in the poll include Klose, Trezeguet and Roque Sante Cruz just to name a few, and if you still think that Greeks hijacked the poll then that shows your complete hatred of anything Greek.

In any case Samaras will join a bigger club than Heart especially if he has a good World Cup. For me seeing as though he is only 29, the Heart hierarchy would be derelict in their duty if they didn't at least speak to him about the Aussie marque spot. He is 10 times the player that Josh Kennedy is and ever will be.

You highly doubt do you? Why don't you google Samaras Barcelona and poll and read one of many articles on this topic. Some of the other players in the poll include Klose, Trezeguet and Roque Sante Cruz just to name a few, and if you still think that Greeks hijacked the poll then that shows your complete hatred of anything Greek.

In any case Samaras will join a bigger club than Heart especially if he has a good World Cup. For me seeing as though he is only 29, the Heart hierarchy would be derelict in their duty if they didn't at least speak to him about the Aussie marque spot. He is 10 times the player that Josh Kennedy is and ever will be.

Did you create a new account Heart of Melbourne?

Did you create a new account Heart of Melbourne?

No. Heart of Melbourne is an Olympiakos fan whereas I am a Panathinaikos fan, but I agree with him in regards to Samaras.

Let's see how he performs at the World Cup .

Hobart you said you were gone after the IN or OUT poll... Are you back for any reason..?

The new Melbourne basketball team needs members, run along now.

:droy:

Ah just when i think there is some hope for you. You've again proven me wrong.

Simple have quick read of the thread. Won't take long for you to realise I've always stated I'm IN. Or simply have a quick look at those who have voted IN. Not happy about some of the speculated changes but I've always been IN.

Why the hell am I answering to you anyway!

• Like 3

Or because a bunch of Greeks decided to show a bit of faux nationalistic pride and hijacked the poll. Fuck, I highly doubt fans of any of the clubs in the top half of La Liga would want Samaras to play for them, let alone Barcelona. You highly doubt do you? Why don't you google Samaras Barcelona and poll and read one of many articles on this topic. Some of the other players in the poll include Klose, Trezeguet and Roque Sante Cruz just to name a few, and if you still think that Greeks hijacked the poll then that shows your complete hatred of anything Greek.

In any case Samaras will join a bigger club than Heart especially if he has a good World Cup. For me seeing as though he is only 29, the Heart hierarchy would be derelict in their duty if they didn't at least speak to him about the Aussie marque spot. He is 10 times the player that Josh Kennedy is and ever will be. Did you create a new account Heart of Melbourne?

One account is enough for me. Fuck off

Can't tell if you are Greek or a glasweigan

And you say this poll was a few months ago? Are you sure it wasn't 2006?

The average age of those players is 34...