Melbourne Football

Our Marquee Man...

heart_fan10

I think a lot of people here underestimate just how good Samaras could be for us here in the a league. He will no doubt play in the World Cup for Greece, and only a few months ago there was a poll amongst Barcelona fans on who they would like to see play for them. There were around 10 players in the poll and Samaras got the most votes, I presume because he played well against Barcelona in the champions league.

Or because a bunch of Greeks decided to show a bit of faux nationalistic pride and hijacked the poll. Fuck, I highly doubt fans of any of the clubs in the top half of La Liga would want Samaras to play for them, let alone Barcelona.

You highly doubt do you? Why don't you google Samaras Barcelona and poll and read one of many articles on this topic. Some of the other players in the poll include Klose, Trezeguet and Roque Sante Cruz just to name a few, and if you still think that Greeks hijacked the poll then that shows your complete hatred of anything Greek.

In any case Samaras will join a bigger club than Heart especially if he has a good World Cup. For me seeing as though he is only 29, the Heart hierarchy would be derelict in their duty if they didn't at least speak to him about the Aussie marque spot. He is 10 times the player that Josh Kennedy is and ever will be.

And you say this poll was a few months ago? Are you sure it wasn't 2006?

The average age of those players is 34...

October 2013

Leroy Lita been released from Swansea. 

Worth a look.

Out of Swansea players coming out of contract, I'd personally prefer Marvin Emnes (assuming Swansea don't re-sign him) and David N'Gog. But all of these players would likely do very well in the A-League IMO.

Leroy Lita been released from Swansea. 

Worth a look.

Out of Swansea players coming out of contract, I'd personally prefer Marvin Emnes (assuming Swansea don't re-sign him) and David N'Gog. But all of these players would likely do very well in the A-League IMO.

Marvin Emnes had a great season at Boro before switching to Swansea, so if they didn't resign him I imagine he'd easily get another gig in the championship. That said would love to have him playing the wings at heart.

Drogba is set to leave Galatasaray.

I saw something in a Greek article that when translated could have possibly said that he was going to Olympiacos. The translation was pretty poor and didn't make much sense so it may have just been that they were showing interest. Can't seem to find the article anymore

Jeremy Menez, Joe Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Diego Milito, Gareth Barry, Tomas Rosicky, Craig Bellamy, Manuel Fernandes are all available on free transfers. All would be great in this league IMO.

Having said that I'm sure at least one marquee will be Aussie. Perhaps Robbie Kruse or Mile Jedinak?

Edited by kun

Jeremy Menez, Joe Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Diego Milito, Gareth Barry, Tomas Rosicky, Craig Bellamy, Manuel Fernandes are all available on free transfers. All would be great in this league IMO.

Having said that I'm sure at least one marquee will be Aussie. Perhaps Robbie Kruse or Mile Jedinak?

Robbie Kruse? LOL

Great news if true about JK. I remember it being said that Heart would negotiate with JK when he joined the Socceroos squad, so I thought we might hear something about the Australian marquee soon.

After years of Mifsuds and Maycons, what a relief it'll be to have a player like Kennedy.

• Like 3