Melbourne Football

John Aloisi

kingofhearts

This hatred of John Aloisi is way, way over the top.

Sure, he didn't succeed with us as a coach. But that doesn't make him a bad person.

So get over it.

Let's also not forget that John Aloisi is a legend of Australian football and will always be remembered for scoring the goal that sent us to the World Cup.  

This hatred of John Aloisi is way, way over the top.

Sure, he didn't succeed with us as a coach. But that doesn't make him a bad person.

So get over it.

Let's also not forget that John Aloisi is a legend of Australian football and will always be remembered for scoring the goal that sent us to the World Cup.  

OK it a bit over the top, but he should have realized that he wasn't up to the standard required and fallen on his sword, I know the owners had hired him etc, but if he was a realist he knew he wasn't A league grade

Also , I prefer to remember that Mark Schwarzter saved 2 penalties, that is what got us to the world cup

Edited by japiedog
  • Like 2

What about the others that scored a successful penalty during that shoutout?

Or the bloke that saved a couple of them for us?

I understand there is more pressure taking the crucial one, but Aloisi gets way too much credit.

Edited by Tesla
  • Like 2

This hatred of John Aloisi is way, way over the top.

So get over it.

Let's also not forget that John Aloisi is a legend of Australian football and will always be remembered for scoring the goal that sent us to the World Cup.

Does his selfish, narcissistic attitude whilst in the job make him a bad person?

• Like 1

So get over it.

Let's also not forget that John Aloisi is a legend of Australian football and will always be remembered for scoring the goal that sent us to the World Cup.

Schwartzer good cunt.

Aloisi shit cunt

• Like 1

So get over it.

Does his selfish, narcissistic attitude whilst in the job make him a bad person?

FWIW from what I see on Social Media these days Narcissism to many people does not seem to be considered the deplorable character trait that it once was viewed as in the good old days.

• Like 2

It wasn't johns fault he was given the job. It's his fault the way he carried himself (his ego) as a coach. That is why he is given so much stick on here. And deservedly.

It's not even just his ego. It's his complete denial of the fact that he just wasn't good enough.

• Like 6

It wasn't johns fault he was given the job. It's his fault the way he carried himself (his ego) as a coach. That is why he is given so much stick on here. And deservedly.

It's not even just his ego. It's his complete denial of the fact that he just wasn't good enough.

I though the two go hand in hand regarding him, but anyway, yes complete denial.

Spot fucking on :clap: :clap: :clap: (owe you a like)

The fact that he is still working in this industry as a 'special comments' commentator astounds me. I've never seen a bloke do so poorly in his industry and for him to keep getting jobs in it. Imagine if any of us was as bad at their job as he was, we would never be allowed in our industry ever again.

Still makes me laugh to this day though that game where we lost to Brisbane 3-0 and he came out and said how happy he was with our performance. What a moron

He's dead to me

Edited by kingofhearts

To me JA the coach will always have a black mark against him. Applying for a job your not qualified to do and then blaming everyone's else for your failure was the worse thing he could have done so early in his coaching career.

He lit truly could not explain the disaster that was happening. I could never forgive him for bringing our club to its knees.. We were the laughing stoke of the league ...

Thankfully those days are over!!!!

To me JA the coach will always have a black mark against him. Applying for a job your not qualified to do and then blaming everyone's else for your failure was the worse thing he could have done so early in his coaching career.

He lit truly could not explain the disaster that was happening. I could never forgive him for bringing our club to its knees.. We were the laughing stoke of the league ...

I'm slightly less critical of JA than many others seem to be. Yes he applied for a job for which he was not qualified, but it was the Board who appointed him, and the present and continuing CEO would have had some input as well. I also think that there's little doubt that the players were not helping change the cultural issues at the club.

Nevertheless, JA's record speaks for itself. It has not done either the club or JA himself any favours. From the club's perspective the damage is on the record books, but more important than that IMO are the legacy issues that have been left - the perceptions that the public and media have about Melbourne Heart/City. I still think that we have a lot of work to do to to build ourselves up so that we are not seen as a poor relation both in this city and in the A-League itself.

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 2

I'm slightly less critical of JA than many others seem to be. Yes he applied for a job for which he was not qualified, but it was the Board who appointed him, and the present and continuing CEO would have had some input as well. I also think that there's little doubt that the players were not helping change the cultural issues at the club.

Nevertheless, JA's record speaks for itself. It has not done either the club or JA himself any favours. From the club's perspective the damage is on the record books, but more important than that IMO are the legacy issues that have been left - the perceptions that the public and media have about Melbourne Heart/City. I still think that we have a lot of work to do to to build ourselves up so that we are not seen as a poor relation both in this city and in the A-League itself.

I agree with you. It really was a perfect storm of factors that led us down this path. A lot of poor decisions on the part of various individuals throughout the club, from the board, to the CEO, coach and players. Or maybe we were just unlucky?

It's a combination of both for me. I completely agree that giving him the job because people know his name was such a ridiculous decision it still boggles the mind as to how that actually happened. Throwing him in the deep end and expecting him to swim was completely unfair.

But as Tesla rightly pointed out not so long ago, the fact that the guy takes absolutely no accountability for it and feels like he has something to offer as a top level coach is equally as baffling.

It's pretty much a perfect summary of how this club conducted itself in the past.