Melbourne Football

John Aloisi

kingofhearts

At the Oakleigh preseason game i took my chance to wish him the best as i stared into the blokes eyes knowing fullwell he was an idiot!

But his not a bad bloke, just totally deluded to think he can manage a football club, and unfortunately our idiot directors chose him for the job and wasted a season and half.

If he actually did the scouting himself, which i doubt, then perhaps he can be a scout/negotiator for an a leauge club, i think his got connections but thats about it.

Ugh, so much cringe.

I had a lot of respect for this bloke, even when we were playing shit but it's becoming more and more blatantly obvious that the guy is completely in-denial as to how shit a manager he was during his tenure and to blame it on bad luck and injuries is a cop-out and an insult to the club.

So glad he's gone. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Eh, I've got no ill-feeling towards Aloisi.

He was a rubbish manager and never should have been head coach in the first place but I am glad he's moved on and is prepared to put in the work and give it another crack, that's resilience and he should be commended. 

If I were him though I'd stay in the media, heaps cruisier job with a much better lifestyle and he's well suited for it.

• Like 4

He was a rubbish manager and never should have been head coach in the first place but I am glad he's moved on and is prepared to put in the work and give it another crack, that's resilience and he should be commended. 

If I were him though I'd stay in the media, heaps cruisier job with a much better lifestyle and he's well suited for it.

I still harbour some ill-feeling towards him. I do not feel that he should be commended for his "resilience".  He still thinks he is a good coach, the whole going away to "learn" thing was only about him being able to say that he has learned. You don't learn to be a good coach in a few months of being a football gypsy. 

If he came out and said I was not ready to take over and I was not good enough and then went about changing what he did wrong then I will commend him. I will not commend him for purposely not changing and then pretending he has just to get his next job.

Fuck the cunt he ruined half of Melbourne Heart's existence

And the other 50% belongs to Peter Sidwell &Co.

I still harbour some ill-feeling towards him. I do not feel that he should be commended for his "resilience".  He still thinks he is a good coach, the whole going away to "learn" thing was only about him being able to say that he has learned. You don't learn to be a good coach in a few months of being a football gypsy. 

If he came out and said I was not ready to take over and I was not good enough and then went about changing what he did wrong then I will commend him. I will not commend him for purposely not changing and then pretending he has just to get his next job.

Took the words out of my mouth, spot on. He still has that unique ability to irk me with his the bullshit he speaks. Still won't stand up and take any accountability what's so ever.

That was a deliberate choice of words yeah :lol: ???   As in the Giorgio Armani gear ??????

Edited by HEARTinator

This is pretty much how I feel. Although I am still more upset at the club for giving him the job and not doing anything about it when it became painfully clear JA was not up to it

Probably made it easier for Man City to come in and change the colours by driving fans away and I dare say making some of the fans indifferent and accepting of more dramatic change for a glimp of success

• Like 1

Got no time whatsoever for him now. He's just a man lost in his own little world, remember some of the shit he use to say after games? I remember the Brisbane game where we lost 3-0 and he was like 'we played really well' :droy:

Got NFI this bloke, he's dead to me, regardless of what he did for the national team.

I agree in the sense that it does still irk me that he never did take accountability for being a shit manager and being largely responsible for our horrible season but for someone who still wants to make himself an attractive option for future managerial employment, as if he's going to just come out and say "yeah guys, I was unprepared and not ready to undertake the job as a senior coach. Oh, but I'm good now so don't worry, you can still hire me."

Personally I'm not really one to hold grudges so whilst he's no longer involved with the club, I hope he does well for himself.

• Like 1

I agree in the sense that it does still irk me that he never did take accountability for being a shit manager and being largely responsible for our horrible season but for someone who still wants to make himself an attractive option for future managerial employment, as if he's going to just come out and say "yeah guys, I was unprepared and not ready to undertake the job as a senior coach. Oh, but I'm good now so don't worry, you can still hire me."

Personally I'm not really one to hold grudges so whilst he's no longer involved with the club, I hope he does well for himself.

Come out and say "my plan is to expand my knowledge and learn as much as I can, so I'm going to be undertaking my studies overseas to get my badges and then hopefully I get a coaching position during my studies or once I'm finished so I can take what I learnt at melbourne heart and during my studies and put it into practice."

As opposed to saying something along the lines of "yeah I went to a few clubs for a few days and I even went to watch a game to learn, so yeah I'm hopeful that I'll get another coaching gig."

I still respect the guy as a player but he's irking me more and more eveytime I hear him speak on tv. Who the fuck does he think he's kidding. What a muppet.

• Like 1

He just said we were playing 'really good football' under him... Oh wow

What a cunt. Don't care what he did for the national team, he is forever dead to me for the way he's conducted himself at heart.

A bit harsh?

Aussy hero, heart confidant. Sure his coaching was suspect, but I wish the best for him and if he improves I would welcome him back.

Extremely disappointing from JA. Firstly his comment of not making excuses reiterates his acknowledgement that he made the same excuses over and over during his stint as coach.

Secondly, he's been watching bayern munich to learn what the best teams are doing! Is this really the extent of his coaching quest for knowledge? Right now even him watching the aleague to gain pointers is beyond him cause there's ten coaches in there right now that know more than him let alone the bundesliga.

He still wants to use band aids to get himself through this part of his career until he 'gets' another coaching job. Instead of acknowledging that he needs to put in the hard work and go study and get the proper coaching badges (FA or UEFA) or any courses that will allow him to gain further knowledge he still believes in his coaching philosophy and that there was nothing wrong. He still thinks he doesn't have a mountain to climb regarding coaching knowledge.

Lastly his reference to player availability, I have to commend him to be able to sit there with a straight face while dribbling the same shit. As mentioned by others we have had players missing for many games, we still haven't had a full strength squad yet. And what about the non marquee players that have improved, willo, duga, ramsey, behich, weialert. What about the young players being given chances like garuccio, mauk, archibald and the ones on the bench, o'dea, vrankovic.

Also the fact that he has kept up with how the heart have been doing and doesn't acknowledge the difference in play means one of two things; he actually doesn't know what he's looking at when it comes to how different the team look now OR he is in denial to how different heart are playing to save face.

Accountability John. Accountability.

Jesus, watching Beyern Munchin? Under Jupp Hynckes yes, but I hate what Guardiola has made them, don't learn from Guardiola ffs!

He just said we were playing 'really good football' under him... Oh wow

What a cunt. Don't care what he did for the national team, he is forever dead to me for the way he's conducted himself at heart.

A bit harsh?

Aussy hero, heart confidant. Sure his coaching was suspect, but I wish the best for him and if he improves I would welcome him back.

Hero? I wouldn't go that far. The real hero of 'that' World Cup is Schwarzer with the two penalty saves. JA basically put the icing on the cake but he wasn't a hero. Every penalty taken in that match was just as important as the next.

• Like 4

Extremely disappointing from JA. Firstly his comment of not making excuses reiterates his acknowledgement that he made the same excuses over and over during his stint as coach.

Secondly, he's been watching bayern munich to learn what the best teams are doing! Is this really the extent of his coaching quest for knowledge? Right now even him watching the aleague to gain pointers is beyond him cause there's ten coaches in there right now that know more than him let alone the bundesliga.

He still wants to use band aids to get himself through this part of his career until he 'gets' another coaching job. Instead of acknowledging that he needs to put in the hard work and go study and get the proper coaching badges (FA or UEFA) or any courses that will allow him to gain further knowledge he still believes in his coaching philosophy and that there was nothing wrong. He still thinks he doesn't have a mountain to climb regarding coaching knowledge.

Lastly his reference to player availability, I have to commend him to be able to sit there with a straight face while dribbling the same shit. As mentioned by others we have had players missing for many games, we still haven't had a full strength squad yet. And what about the non marquee players that have improved, willo, duga, ramsey, behich, weialert. What about the young players being given chances like garuccio, mauk, archibald and the ones on the bench, o'dea, vrankovic.

Also the fact that he has kept up with how the heart have been doing and doesn't acknowledge the difference in play means one of two things; he actually doesn't know what he's looking at when it comes to how different the team look now OR he is in denial to how different heart are playing to save face.

Jesus, watching Beyern Munchin? Under Jupp Hynckes yes, but I hate what Guardiola has made them, don't learn from Guardiola ffs!

This was two months ago lol. But anyway, what is it you don't like about Guardiola? They've done quite well with him I'd say.

• 3 weeks later...

Jesus, watching Beyern Munchin? Under Jupp Hynckes yes, but I hate what Guardiola has made them, don't learn from Guardiola ffs! This was two months ago lol. But anyway, what is it you don't like about Guardiola? They've done quite well with him I'd say.

Haha, can't remember that, I was most likely indulging a bit much.

I think (to answer the question) Guardiola likes to play keep ball, I think possesion is paramount and it gets a bit staid. They have played some games that they should have lost, but they have some players who can have some individual moments to pull a victory out of the hat. Jupp Hynkes had them playing a lot more exciting football and scoring more. I would like to see Guardiola at a lesser team, see what he can do with Stoke!

Yep the show pony is now doing bet365 ads. I was surprised for someone with an Italian background that has spent heaps of time overseas he can't pronounce names properly. Even Anglos can pronounce European names better than him.

His Italian is quite decent, as is his Spanish.

That makes his pronunciation even funnier!