Melbourne Football

John Aloisi

kingofhearts

Did JA really try hard???

What did he try?

Club was sinking, results poorest in the league and he did nothing.

No changes in tactics.

No changes in personnel on field.

No consequences for poor play, week in week out.

Long balls to a dwarf, totally ineffective

Relaying on the old guard.

No clear perspective to develop or at least intergrade younger players.

More games we lost, harder he held on to his loosing strategy.

Get him into a commentary role somewhere, he does it well.

Keep him away from coaching

The worst thing for me was that he didn't have the decency to just quit, and instead sent the club back  2 years for his own selfish and egomaniacle reasons.

• Like 1

I wonder will SBS ever call him back as a guest football analyst considering his shit run? They are probably thinking why would we call this bloke back to give "expert" advise if he never achieved any results?

If I were him id take half a year off and see whats out there. He is going to be paid out so he has the time. 

I wonder will SBS ever call him back as a guest football analyst considering his shit run? They are probably thinking why would we call this bloke back to give "expert" advise if he never achieved any results?

I think they will. He's their mate. They think it's the club, players and us fans fault that JA didn't succeed. They are all pricks to me. 

I think they will. He's their mate. They think it's the club, players and us fans fault that JA didn't succeed. They are all pricks to me. 

But it was all the fans' fault. Had we not boo'ed or chanted "Aloisi Out" he'd still be coaching! How DARE King Malta show some raw emotion about how dismally we've been playing after 17 games without a win??? It is the fans' fault Aloisi is gone...he would've turned things around, now we'll just never know! Lol

• Like 3

But it was all the fans' fault. Had we not boo'ed or chanted "Aloisi Out" he'd still be coaching! How DARE King Malta show some raw emotion about how dismally we've been playing after 17 games without a win??? It is the fans' fault Aloisi is gone...he would've turned things around, now we'll just never know! Lol

Have a look at "Heart in the headlines." Now we'll just never know how good Hayden Foxe is either...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

John Aloisi sets his heart on learning

February 4, 2014

Michael Lynch

Former Melbourne Heart coach John Aloisi and his assistant, Hayden Foxe, have emerged bloody but unbowed from their baptism of fire at the A-League's bottom club and have vowed to learn from their experience.

Aloisi, who coached Heart from the start of the 2012-13 season, was sacked just after Christmas after the team failed to win in its first 12 games of the season. Foxe quit after Aloisi's dismissal.

The duo, who were Socceroos teammates, will go to Europe next month to tap into the knowledge of former teammates and contacts who are now in coaching positions.

Foxe knows new Tottenham boss Tim Sherwood, and the Australian pair may spend some time at White Hart Lane seeing how the English Premier League side goes about its training and preparation.

Aloisi, who played in the Premiership, Italy's Serie A and Spain's Primera Liga, has contacts at numerous clubs and will look to link up with Spanish colleagues.

''We are looking at leaving on March 17 and plan to spend four weeks in Europe travelling to different countries,'' Aloisi said. ''Foxey knows a lot of people in England, and one of my good mates is Juan Carlos Unzue, who is the assistant coach at Celta Vigo, where Luis Enrique is the head coach.

''Luis … is a good person to talk to - he played for Real Madrid and Barcelona, and for Spain in World Cups, while Juan Carlos has been a head coach at Racing Santander. I know him from my time at Osasuna.''

Aloisi says he is getting over the pain of being sacked and is genuinely happy for Heart now that it has started to hit form and win games.

''It was hard in those first few weeks,'' he said. ''Coaching is what I wanted to do, and I really loved it, but you have to get on and think about how you can improve yourself when you next get an opportunity. I am starting to get over it now and look to the future.''

He is not surprised Heart has managed to turn things around under his successor, John van 't Schip, who was the coach who signed him as one of the first players to join the fledgling A-League club for its first season in 2010-11.

''John is an experienced coach, and a lot of the important players who were injured and unavailable to me during the first half of the season have come back and are playing well. You need those big players,'' he said.

''I was unlucky that Orlando Engelaar got injured before the season, that Harry Kewell wasn't available for most of my time and that somebody like Jonatan Germano, who plays with a lot of aggression, was also injured.''

The Manchester City takeover came after Aloisi left the club, but he is hopeful that Heart's links with the Sky Blues - and his good relationship with the club's hierarchy - could provide him with a link to City when he and Foxe are in Europe.

''If we could get the chance to go there and see them first-hand it would be great, too,'' said the former Socceroos striker who will always be remembered for scoring the goal that took Australia to the World Cup in Germany eight years ago.

While most expect City to cull the Heart playing list, Aloisi believes veteran Kewell still has something to offer - if he wants to continue playing.

''Of course he's not the player he was when he was younger, but Harry gave us a lot I felt, and now he is getting back to fitness you can see that he still has something. He still has an eye for a pass.''

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/john-aloisi-sets-his-heart-on-learning-20140203-31xe6.html

Edited by Murfy1

"The Manchester City takeover came after Aloisi left the club, but he is hopeful that Heart's links with the Sky Blues - and his good relationship with the club's hierarchy - "

Did anyone else read this line and get an irregular heart beat at the thought aloisi might be trying to come back to heart to coach soon? Scared the shit out of me.

And come on JA, kewell played games under you. Engelaar has barely played a half of football over the course of a couple of games and germano has just come back. Jvs has had a similar team to what you had for quite some time. And by the look of this article it doesn't look like aloisi is going to be trying to take the long hard road and learn from the bottom up by acquiring a coaching position with a state league team or equivalent. He's going to go overseas like he said for a couple of months, come back with ALL this new knowledge (yeah right) and try to work his way into another aleague team.

• Like 1

Wish him well but geez he's gotta get over the 'hard done by' act.

Very little humility about him.... If any

John.

Why didn't you say "at this stage of my professional career I'm not good enough to coach at first tier level, but I'm working on it"

Edited by Jestr

"The Manchester City takeover came after Aloisi left the club, but he is hopeful that Heart's links with the Sky Blues - and his good relationship with the club's hierarchy - "

Did anyone else read this line and get an irregular heart beat at the thought aloisi might be trying to come back to heart to coach soon? Scared the shit out of me.

And come on JA, kewell played games under you. Engelaar has barely played a half of football over the course of a couple of games and germano has just come back. Jvs has had a similar team to what you had for quite some time. And by the look of this article it doesn't look like aloisi is going to be trying to take the long hard road and learn from the bottom up by acquiring a coaching position with a state league team or equivalent. He's going to go overseas like he said for a couple of months, come back with ALL this new knowledge (yeah right) and try to work his way into another aleague team.

I'd be very happy to have him back in the future IF he were the best candidate for the job.

• Like 1

I dunno, I wouldn't do that even if I was aware I wasn't up to it. Makes him less employable to future jobs if he says he wasn't good enough, particularly publically given the nature of fans in sport.

In saying that, probably best just to say nothing rather than fall back on excuses and unlucky.

Yeah, that article starts out well, but could do without the 'hard done by' routine. Going from the last couple of months of 2012/13 until the time he was sacked, Heart was pretty much uncompetitive for three quarters of a season. They got one point after falling behind for the entire time he was coach; JVS has got seven points from the same situation in the past three weeks and was a bee's dick away from making it nine.

Take the two red card games. Both times, Heart gets a red card in the middle stages of the first half and the opponent gets a goal shortly after, as soon as MH is down to 10 men. The JA Heart folded like an ironing board as soon as this happened (and as they did countless times during his tenure, when the going got tough), whereas the JVS Heart fought tooth and nails to drive in an equaliser, then decided that wasn't good enough, so they kept taking chances and ended up putting the winner through in the dying minutes. Now, how were those teams different, in terms of personnel? From the team that played Victory just before Christmas:

Out: Mifsud, Kalmar, Mebrahtu

In: Engelaar, Ramsay, Germano, Garuccio

Probably a fair bit more quality coming in than going out, but no way does that account for the complete change in the team's attitude.

Good luck to him, but I think he needs to lose this defiant attitude and admit to himself that he just wasn't ready. He's got all sorts of resources throughout Europe and it's good if he's going to use them. But, considering his winning percentage in the A-League, he's going to have to put in the hard yards if he ever expects to get a head coaching role here again.

Edited by SF33

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/lucy-zelic/blog/1178154/Aloisi-the-scapegoat-for-a-broken-Heart

As confidently predicted hahahaha. The article starts off with a bit of promise. Seemingly winding up to a conclusion that pointed the blame at Aloisi for his own downfall.

But get to halfway through the article, and you start seeing the words "injury, "unlucky, "under-peforming", etc...

What is wrong with these people?