Melbourne Football

John Aloisi

kingofhearts

Every game seems to be JAs last game, however the board is still holding onto him. Worst case scenario I'd like to think he may be sacked at the time when we have no chance on getting to finals and also where the cost of paying him out is a lot smaller. This may happen if we don't win at all over the next 5 rounds then JA might see out January which will be up to round 16. But assuming we actually have a couple wins in the next 5 rounds there's the possibility they'll keep him till the end of the season.

Then again perhaps the board have already given up on the season. And if this is the case why would they cough up extra money to get rid of JA. They might be thinking 'fuck the season it's over, let's just keep him save ourselves some money and hopefully by then we have got a descent offer to sell up.' With this mentality if no buyer comes along they'll keep him for the whole season.

Im hoping it is a case of the club is being sold and they want to let the new owners choose the new manager etc.

Yeah I don't think there's any doubt to that

Every game seems to be JAs last game, however the board is still holding onto him. Worst case scenario I'd like to think he may be sacked at the time when we have no chance on getting to finals and also where the cost of paying him out is a lot smaller. This may happen if we don't win at all over the next 5 rounds then JA might see out January which will be up to round 16. But assuming we actually have a couple wins in the next 5 rounds there's the possibility they'll keep him till the end of the season.

Then again perhaps the board have already given up on the season. And if this is the case why would they cough up extra money to get rid of JA. They might be thinking 'fuck the season it's over, let's just keep him save ourselves some money and hopefully by then we have got a descent offer to sell up.' With this mentality if no buyer comes along they'll keep him for the whole season.

Im hoping it is a case of the club is being sold and they want to let the new owners choose the new manager etc.

Think this is correct.

Usually high managements level contract have performance clauses build in to protect the employer in the event of semi or total failure to perform.

Surely if there was such a clause, club would be allowed to pull that lever to get out of contract without suffering a substantial financial penalty.

Who wrote his contract ?

Dr Nick?

Micky mouse?

Edited by Jestr

The attacks on the style of play JA is using being no good are way off the mark in my opinion.  I don't particularly like the style of play, but not every club has to have the same style, and our style of play is working in as much as we are creating numerous excellent scoring chances. If we had an A League equivalent of Suarez, putting away goals for fun from all the scoring chances we are creating, then no one would be complaining.

So having a go at the coach is the soft, easy, cop out option.

The attacks on the style of play JA is using being no good are way off the mark in my opinion.  I don't particularly like the style of play, but not every club has to have the same style, and our style of play is working in as much as we are creating numerous excellent scoring chances. If we had an A League equivalent of Suarez, putting away goals for fun from all the scoring chances we are creating, then no one would be complaining.

It would be a cop ou.......t but after 15 games and not getting 3 points and god knows how long since an interstate win the results are not great, and being a results driven game he has to go, A fresh start is needed, Nobody would question his passion, But his results are not up to par.

If we had an A League equivalent of Suarez, putting away goals for fun from all the scoring chances we are creating, then no one would be complaining.

If we had the A League equivalent of Suarez we could succeed regardless of style.

Yeah, we create a few chances, but in most games our opponents create more.  We are living in a fools paradise if we think we can score ours whilst they miss theirs.  

• Like 1

If we had an A League equivalent of Suarez, putting away goals for fun from all the scoring chances we are creating, then no one would be complaining.

If we had the A League equivalent of Suarez we could succeed regardless of style.

Yeah, we create a few chances, but in most games our opponents create more.  We are living in a fools paradise if we think we can score ours whilst they miss theirs.  

Also I would say on balance that our "chances" are less clear-cut. How many did we create in the derby? Our goal came when a cross hit Nick Kalmar in the face and rebounded into the goal - it could have gone anywhere. Even if you omit MV's first, their second and third goals were nicely crafted - the defence cut like butter leaving the striker to pick his spot.

It's another Aloisi delusion that we're creating all these "chances."

• Like 1

The attacks on the style of play JA is using being no good are way off the mark in my opinion. I don't particularly like the style of play, but not every club has to have the same style, and our style of play is working in as much as we are creating numerous excellent scoring chances. If we had an A League equivalent of Suarez, putting away goals for fun from all the scoring chances we are creating, then no one would be complaining.

The manager needs to be accountable. 16 games without a win is pretty damning. Time to pull your head out of the sand, or are you one of those sheep who still 'believes'?

• Like 1

[Also I would say on balance that our "chances" are less clear-cut. How many did we create in the derby? Our goal came when a cross hit Nick Kalmar in the face and rebounded into the goal - it could have gone anywhere. Even if you omit MV's first, their second and third goals were nicely crafted - the defence cut like butter leaving the striker to pick his spot.

It's another Aloisi delusion that we're creating all these "chances."

Well said JW. "Even" my missus, hardly a football connoisseur, observed that we had nothing in the final third.

Dr Zhivago was on the box the other night and it got me thinking - if the board doesn't do something maybe we should stage our own coup? Sieze power at La Trobe and appoint Comrade Pappas to the role?

JA has done great. He may have saved us from going down if we were playing in the EPL. 38 games 8 wins 7 draws and 23 loses = 31 points ;)

If Sir Alex was coaching this team and we were crap you could say maybe it's the players. But JA has no record to be judged on. We finished 6 before he took over and now when have gone last and not winning a game in 11 matches. People have said that we looked good in the first 20 mins against the visitors. We played better than we have but I would hardly call it great just better than the crap we have put up with for the last year and a half. Even the JVS years weren't that good. We are just used to crap that anything a bit better than crap and we get excited about it. The actual good football we have played under JA may fit into a half of a game maybe a whole match. I know we can't play great all the time but we should expect better football than we have witnessed so far in Hearts history. 

I don't know maybe it's not that bad.

You sound just as delusional as JA does in the press conferences..

• Like 1

OK let's actually look at the stats: Heart has the lowest number of shots on target, the lowest number of balls into the box, the lowest number of shots from zone 14 (the area just in front of the box with the greatest chance of scoring. I'm not sure what JA is basing his claim on but it isn't those stats. You could argue that the goal of the style of play is to maximise those stats in which case our style isn't helping

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 2

16 games without a win, 3 more games till we are officially the worst club in the history of the A-League and having a go at the coach is soft, easy cop out option? You deserve a spot on the board :) 

• Like 2

The fact he is still there makes me think what the fuck am I'm paying membership for, we are treated like shit and the club always expects us just to be their...

We need to bombard all links to the heart from twitt to Facebook to show that we are sick of this crap and demand aloisi and foxe to leave

For every one of us that does this though, there's another clueless sheep who "believes" we have been unlucky and that JA shouldn't be to blame.

The fact he is still there makes me think what the fuck am I'm paying membership for, we are treated like shit and the club always expects us just to be their...

We need to bombard all links to the heart from twitt to Facebook to show that we are sick of this crap and demand aloisi and foxe to leave

For every one of us that does this though, there's another clueless sheep who "believes" we have been unlucky and that JA shouldn't be to blame.

Another one who deserves to be on the board :)

...who, me?

I want JA out just as much as the next guy.

...who, me?

misread what you said sorry

...who, me?

misread what you said sorry

All good man  ^_^

OK let's actually look at the stats: Heart has the lowest number of shots on target, the lowest number of balls into the box, the lowest number of shots from zone 14 (the area just in front of the box with the greatest chance of scoring. I'm not sure what JA is basing his claim on but it isn't those stats. You could argue that the goal of the style of play is to maximise those stats in which case our style isn't helping

It's actually rather difficult to quantify just how bad a coach Aloisi is, because his awfulness is really off the charts.

But for me the headline numbers are the results:

- Aloisi's first season: 8 Wins, 3 Draws and 16 Losses (the most, 2 more than any other team)

And then there was massive turnover with the squad. Aloisi got to make his own team. We released 12 players and brought in 10 new players (not counting promoted players), more squad turnover than any other A-League team.

- Aloisi's second season: 0 wins, 4 Draws and 7 Losses (and counting...)

He got to make his own squad, and his results have not only stayed bad, they've somehow gotten even worse.

- We have never won a game after falling behind. We've fallen behind 22 times, and we lost every single game except our most recent match against Adelaide, the only time we've ever drawn after falling behind

- We haven't won away (outside of Victoria) since December 29 2011 (meaning, since our next away game is Jan 5, it'll be at least 2 years since we won an away match). Sure, the first 5 winless away matches were on JVS, but at least he got us to the finals. But after those matches, Aloisi has guided us to 17 away matches without a win. Further, we have only drawn 2 of those 17 away matches.

The 2 above points show that Aloisi is a weak and soft coach, who cannot get his team back into a game (because he doesn't know how to make positive tactical changes), and he cannot get his team to perform outside of their comfort zone of AAMI park and Melbourne. He praises A-League opponents so much they sound like Barcelona, whereas he never talks as if he expects his team to win. And clearly behind closed doors his is equally bad at motivating his players. 

You don't even need to get into the details of the match statistics, but even when you do, as belaguttman and others have shown, it further proves that Aloisi is the main cause for Heart's failure over the past 2 seasons. He is the only main constant between this season and last season, and further he's made the team worse from last season to this season, and there's no sign of improvement from game to game.

Aloisi is Melbourne Heart's main problem, and we'll keep not knowing what success looks like until he is gone.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 2

And another thing. After our latest loss, Aloisi said he'd have second thoughts about his role as Melbourne Heart head coach if we were getting "killed" each game. Really?? That's how bad things are?  Not winning in 16 matches, and only winning 1 in 5 games isn't bad enough? Aloisi thinks he's good enough to coach Melbourne Heart as long as we're not getting "killed" in each and every single game (and we've surely been "killed" a number of times). Fuck off Aloisi.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 1

I'm sure that we could find the stat we'd also have the lowest pass completion rate in the league, in particular the lowest pass completion rathe on midfield passes. Parrot, I'm serious in asking this, how do you think that we are playing well enough at the moment, and what qualities do you see that JA has brought to the club as a coach?

It's actually rather difficult to quantify just how bad a coach Aloisi is, because his awfulness is really off the charts.

But for me the headline numbers are the results:

- Aloisi's first season: 8 Wins, 3 Draws and 16 Losses (the most, 2 more than any other team)

And then there was massive turnover with the squad. Aloisi got to make his own team. We released 12 players and brought in 10 new players (not counting promoted players), more squad turnover than any other A-League team.

- Aloisi's second season: 0 wins, 4 Draws and 7 Losses (and counting...)

He got to make his own squad, and his results have not only stayed bad, they've somehow gotten even worse.

- We have never won a game after falling behind. We've fallen behind 22 times, and we lost every single game except our most recent match against Adelaide, the only time we've ever drawn after falling behind

- We haven't won away (outside of Victoria) since December 29 2011 (meaning, since our next away game is Jan 5, it'll be at least 2 years since we won an away match). Sure, the first 5 winless away matches were on JVS, but at least he got us to the finals. But after those matches, Aloisi has guided us to 17 away matches without a win. Further, we have only drawn 2 of those 17 away matches.

The 2 above points show that Aloisi is a weak and soft coach, who cannot get his team back into a game (because he doesn't know how to make positive tactical changes), and he cannot get his team to perform outside of their comfort zone of AAMI park and Melbourne. He praises A-League opponents so much they sound like Barcelona, whereas he never talks as if he expects his team to win. And clearly behind closed doors his is equally bad at motivating his players. 

You don't even need to get into the details of the match statistics, but even when you do, as belaguttman and others have shown, it further proves that Aloisi is the main cause for Heart's failure over the past 2 seasons. He is the only main constant between this season and last season, and further he's made the team worse from last season to this season, and there's no sign of improvement from game to game.

Aloisi is Melbourne Heart's main problem, and we'll keep not knowing what success looks like until he is gone.

Those figures are quite hideous, laughable a joke of a club if you ask me ...... BOYCOTT THE NIX GAME IN PROTEST!!! or atleast the first half to make a stand against the shit were being served  up and that we wont put up with it any longer!! 

Edited by AntiScum

Fallen behind 22 times

Lost 21

Drew 1

NEVER WON

This indicates 2 definite, unequivocal problems

1 Mental weakness

2 tactical inability to pull the team out of negative situation

As a manager, your job is to motivate and lead the team through the obstacles to achieve success.

Every man should know his limitations

JA you've reached yours.

• Like 1

I'm sure that we could find the stat we'd also have the lowest pass completion rate in the league, in particular the lowest pass completion rathe on midfield passes. Parrot, I'm serious in asking this, how do you think that we are playing well enough at the moment, and what qualities do you see that JA has brought to the club as a coach?

Courtesy of FoxSports: COMPLETED PASSES

Round 1 - Victory Vs Heart (D 0:0) - 519:254

Round 2 - Heart Vs Mariners (D 2:2) - 221:539

Round 3 - Glory Vs Heart (L 1:0) - 395:253

Round 4 - Roar Vs Heart (L 3:0) - 411:250

Round 5 - Heart Vs Wanderers (L 0:1) - 387:273

Round 6 - Heart Vs Sydney FC (L 0:2) - 384:335

Round 7 - Newcastle Vs Heart (L 3:1) - 327:214

Round 8 - Heart Vs Adelaide (D 3:3) - 144:474 (WTF???)

Round 9 - Wanderers Vs Heart (D 1:1) - 317:220

Round10 - SydneyFC Vs Heart (L 2:1) - 408:285

Round11 - Heart Vs Victory (L 1:3) - 234:472

Heart's total passes Vs Opposition - 2846 : 4470

Heart's average passes Vs Opposition - 259 : 406

Games Heart had more passes Vs less passes - 2 : 9

Heart's lowest completed passes in a game - 144 (Draw to Adelaide)

Heart's highest completed passes in a game - 387 (loss to Wanderers)

Heart's opposition lowest completed passes - 273 (loss to Wanderers)

Heart's opposition highest completed passes - 539 (Draw to Mariners)

To sum it all up - the numbers above are terrible; absolutely horrendous! And yet our fearless coach continues to play this shambles game plan he calls 'tactics', which apparently is good enough to not be "getting killed every week", but obviously not good enough to win any games!

• Like 3

Thats just embarrassing. Seriously what more has to happen for the board to give him the sack. It surely can't get worse from where we're at. We've become the laughing stock of the league and the club is becoming one massive joke by avoiding the inevitable. Pull your head out of your ass Munn sack him and then resign you useless hack

Thats just embarrassing. Seriously what more has to happen for the board to give him the sack. It surely can't get worse from where we're at. We've become the laughing stock of the league and the club is becoming one massive joke by avoiding the inevitable. Pull your head out of your ass Munn sack him and then resign you useless hack

Scott Munn is not to blame for JA's appointment or the failure to sack him. That is entirely on the board.

IMO SM's sticking up for JA in media is him doing what the board expects of him.

• Like 1

Scott Munn is not to blame for JA's appointment or the failure to sack him. That is entirely on the board.

IMO SM's sticking up for JA in media is him doing what the board expects of him.

You're right a CEO won't ever come out in the media and say they don't support the coach until he is actually sacked.

However, the change of language from munn this week and the rumored sale it's clear JA is gone and that they are sorting out the sale then moving on the coach