Melbourne Football

Warren Joyce. As predicted by Serb Hair Dresser.. Goneski

Dylan

1 minute ago, Heart of Melbourne said:

We have been patient for 8 years 

Cry me a fucking river, it's June 5th and people are going all chicken little because we haven't announced a manager yet.

And if the subject matter on this forum over the last few years is patience I'd hate to see people losing their shit

• Like 4

As long as we have a manger before the ffa cup finals, who cares?

With the list we have currently, how far do people think we are off sydney? Or do people think it's more of a the way of adding a player or two and having the coach utilise the list properly?

I'm leaning towards the second point, so theirs no need to stress.

33 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

With the list we have currently, how far do people think we are off sydney? Or do people think it's more of a the way of adding a player or two and having the coach utilise the list properly?

To summarise what everyone is saying (At least what I think they are),

We Need:

• A decent takes-no-shit manager
  • #10 playmaker
  • Visa CB
  • New GK to fight for position with Bouzanis
  • Injury replacement for Brandan (The club is stupid if they don't do this)

IMO I am not stressed just yet about announcing a new Manager, as KingOfHearts says, as long as we have one by the start of the FFA Cup, but this should be the absolute latest. I believe CFG already have their man, they're just waiting for the right time to announce, the manager might not even be in Australia yet. I will be very frustrated if we announce any big signings before the manager is announced though.

4 minutes ago, kingofhearts said:

Im thinking some quality is in the list but a hardass coach with ego bashing qualities would go a long way to giving the club some direction and a solid winning character.

14 minutes ago, haz said:

To summarise what everyone is saying (At least what I think they are),

We Need:

• A decent takes-no-shit manager
  • #10 playmaker
  • Visa CB
  • New GK to fight for position with Bouzanis
  • Injury replacement for Brandan (The club is stupid if they don't do this)

IMO I am not stressed just yet about announcing a new Manager, as KingOfHearts says, as long as we have one by the start of the FFA Cup, but this should be the absolute latest. I believe CFG already have their man, they're just waiting for the right time to announce, the manager might not even be in Australia yet. I will be very frustrated if we announce any big signings before the manager is announced though.

Just to recap, this is the current state of our list. IMO we need reinforcements everywhere, because it's not a strong squad at all.

2017-18 SQUAD TO DATE: 9th April 2017

Number           Name                           Contract until
Goalkeepers.
20                    Dean Bouzanis            31/5/20.
--                      James Delianov (Y?)   31/5/19    News item Club web-site 30th March 2017

Defenders.
5                      Ivan Franjic                  31/5/18.
6                      Osama Malik                31/5/18.
2                      Manny Muscat             31/5/18.
21                    Ruon Tongyik               31/5/18.
22                    Michael Jakobsen (V)  31/5/18.
--                      Dylan Pieiras (Y?)        31/5/19.    News item Club web-site 30th March 2017
Midfielders.
18                    Paulo Retre                  31/5/18.
14                    Daniel Arzani                31/5/18.
27                    Fernando Brandan (V)  31/5/18.
8                      Neil Kilkenny                 31/5/18.

--                     Denis Genreau (Y?)       31/5/20.   News item Club web-site 30th March 2017 (duration of contract ambiguous)
Forwards.
23                    Bruno Fornaroli (M,V)    31/5/19.
12                    Nick Fitzgerald               31/5/18.
11                    Bruce Kamau                 31/5/18.
17                    Tim Cahill                       31/5/18.

V:  Visa player.
M:  Marquee player.
Y?: Assumed to be one of the 3 youth players allowed outside the cap under the "23+3" provision.

Number of players listed above: 17.
As at 18th April 2017.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Just to recap, this is the current state of our list. IMO we need reinforcements everywhere, because it's not a strong squad at all.

I disagree. When you consider we have two visas and a marquee to come at the bare minimum we have the frame of a very capable squad on paper. The manager is the most important signing to come, no bones about it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kingofhearts said:

We're ganna win the league. Mark my words. Green line in advance thanks.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, n i k o said:

So what do we do when the new manager comes in next season, tries to play CFG possession based football and fails as well? 

Tesla will start a new "Sack *Insert Manger Name Here*" thread, early in the season some will defend him saying we are still learning to play as a team. The thread will reach 100+ pages, we get knocked out in the first preliminary final and the manager will get a 3 year contract extension.

• Like 1

edit - found the video, 45 mins into the post match analysis 
http://www.footballorgin.com/epl-monday-night-football-mnf-watford-v-liverpool/2/

said "I wouldn't not, I wanna take somewhere where i have a chance of trying to win something....if that's to go abroad, if thats the opportunity I'm gonna get then i might take it."
Host "Are you talking premier league only?"
AP "No.....gotta get a pitch where you think you can make a success and the project needs to be something you can take forward and theres been a couple of projects put my way that i didn't think were right so I'm justing waiting for that right project wherever that may be."

Things can change but I doubt he'd go to an unstable if any championship club, surely cfg have at least had a chat to him about the job 

Edited by Thrillhouse

6 hours ago, Thrillhouse said:

edit - found the video, 45 mins into the post match analysis 
http://www.footballorgin.com/epl-monday-night-football-mnf-watford-v-liverpool/2/

said "I wouldn't not, I wanna take somewhere where i have a chance of trying to win something....if that's to go abroad, if thats the opportunity I'm gonna get then i might take it."
Host "Are you talking premier league only?"
AP "No.....gotta get a pitch where you think you can make a success and the project needs to be something you can take forward and theres been a couple of projects put my way that i didn't think were right so I'm justing waiting for that right project wherever that may be."

Things can change but I doubt he'd go to an unstable if any championship club, surely cfg have at least had a chat to him about the job 

walter mazzari?  better option than most the shit being thrown around. take him over pardew and keane. fucking hacks they are.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, nah brah said:

walter mazzari?  better option than most the shit being thrown around. take him over pardew and keane. fucking hacks they are.

Didn't open the link. But if its Mazzari that's fanciful. 

Former Napoli, Inter and EPL Watford Seriously! If it happens then that would be amazing but in reality zero chance. 

Everyone needs to understand what level we are at and what sort of Manager will be appointed. 

FMD Mazzari. 

2 minutes ago, Jovan said:

Didn't open the link. But if its Mazzari that's fanciful. 

Former Napoli, Inter and EPL Watford Seriously! If it happens then that would be amazing but in reality zero chance. 

Everyone needs to understand what level we are at and what sort of Manager will be appointed. 

FMD Mazzari. 

Wasn't his name thrown around here last preseason.. or the one before? Pretty sure we were discussing the whole 3-5-2 thing he played with Napoli.

5 minutes ago, rass said:

Wasn't his name thrown around here last preseason.. or the one before? Pretty sure we were discussing the whole 3-5-2 thing he played with Napoli.

Yeah i think it was.

That doesn't mean much. Hiddink's name has been thrown up along with other completely unrealistic nominations. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, AlwaysHeart said:

Any good managers from the Balkans who are avaliable Jovan? 

Dragan Stojkovic would be a great get but i'm sure his enjoying life in China. 

I was actually thinking about this the other day. Ljubinko Drulovic won a youth world cup 2015. Ivan Tomic and Marko Nikolic ironically all ex Partizan but all young ish up and coming. Managing in Serbia is less about results but more about external political factors so job security and long term results don't exist. Mato Neretjak is another quality Croation manager available. Ante Simundza is available. 

Ex Red Star Miodrag Bozovic is a real hard nosed maniac.

But if I was appointing I would go for Mirce Lucescu ex Zenit and Shakter although he had good budgets still he brought in players and built successful squads over long period. He is 70 plus and maybe has retired.

As far as CFG apointing a Balkan coach highly unlikely. Gone are the days when coaches from the Balkans are sought its more Spanish and Germans that are in vogue.

I still think they will get someone from within or very strong links with the group.  

Just now, AlwaysHeart said:

Hope we have a decision by end of June whoever it is. 

Players, such as we have at that time, are supposed to report for training on 19th June. Overseas players who've been "home" tend to report back a little later. In the past I think the first few days have been medical/fitness assessments.

So far there have been no announcements about any new faces in the football department. IMO 19th June is the first deadline I'd be concerned about if there's nothing new by then.

Of course, it may all be signed, sealed and delivered, and all that is to come are the announcements when CFG see fit to make them.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, AlwaysHeart said:

Hope we have a decision by end of June whoever it is. 

Definitely. I genuinely think that the week or just prior to the majority of players return our coach will be in place. 

All this panic about wasting time is way over the top. 

If he was announced today. What difference would it make really in the context of a 3 month off season.

We would have shiny cones but not much else.

Manager has already been appointed and probably started working on squad and all that. They just haven't announced it yet. Too many people seem to think that since there is no announcement there is no manager yet 

1 hour ago, InMyHeart said:

I'm thinking a Friday Morning announcement day after the Socceroos game as football will be in the media on the Friday.

Idk anymore. All these different dates and nothings happened. Just bullshit now. Is preseason starting soon. We would have thought we would have sorted out the management by now to prepare for preseason. Ill go back on the A-league thread and put more bullshit stuff about other clubs because nothings happening to city....yet

• Like 1

7 hours ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

Idk anymore. All these different dates and nothings happened. Just bullshit now. Is preseason starting soon. We would have thought we would have sorted out the management by now to prepare for preseason. Ill go back on the A-league thread and put more bullshit stuff about other clubs because nothings happening to city....yet

people are pulling dates out of their arse.  

and waiting for 1 week before players coming back is very late.   would want new signings to be there for the full pre-season.  and i would hope the club was smart enough to make sure the manager was there to make decisions on signings.  but that's if we actually want to win anything rather than continue on delivering shit with unbalanced squads.