Melbourne Football
neio

Rnd 1 - 8/10, 5.35pm Vs Wellington (Away)

jw1739    6,885

Looking at Fiji's fixtures, their next one looks like an OFC World Cup qualifier in March 2017. Based on that I'd say Krishna will be playing. IMO he's precisely the sort of player who I think will trouble our defence this season - fast and direct on the break.

neio    438

I can't find anywhere to say Fiji have a game but Merrick said he will be missing 

So either 

A- he is playing for Fiji

B- Merrick can't read Fiji fixtures 

C- it's all a ploy by them to confuse JVS 

millm103    107

Fiji could have a friendly organised- I am not sure who against. NZ are in the same boat, they are playing Mexico in a friendly but not a WCQ. 

Edited by millm103

hyperfuzz    159

Melbourne City FC Squad: 1. Thomas Sorensen (GK), 2. Manny Muscat, 3. Josh Rose, 4. Connor Chapman, 6. Osama Malik, 8. Neil Kilkenny, 9. Nicolas Colazo, 10. Anthony Caceres, 11. Bruce Kamau, 12. Nick Fitzgerald, 14. Daniel Arzani, 18. Paulo Retre, 20. Dean Bouzanis (GK), 21. Ruon Tongyik, 22. Michael Jakobsen, 23. Bruno Fornaroli, 26. Luke Brattan, 27. Fernando Brandan ***two to be omitted*** Outs: Nil Ins: Nil Unavailable:  7. Corey Gameiro (ACL - season), 17. Tim Cahill (international duty), 28. Steve Kuzmanovski (international duty) Not Selected: 5. Ivan Franjic (fitness) - See more at: http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/team-news-city-set-for-wellington/1lpxhenj5eqfh18ktg0hzk8l7x#sthash.oC5CRfKU.dpuf
Read more at http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/team-news-city-set-for-wellington/1lpxhenj5eqfh18ktg0hzk8l7x#HvKlSLg8Ms9lqlhT.99

neio    438

I'd go with this 

Sorenson

Muscat Chapman Jakobsen Colazo

Kilkenny Malik Brattan

Kamau Fornaroli Brandan

Bouzanis Rose Retre Caceras Fitzgerald 

• Like 2

bt50    3,157

Wellington Phoenix squad: 1.Glen MOSS (gk), 2.Jacob TRATT, 4.Roly BONEVACIA, 5.Ryan LOWRY, 6.Dylan FOX, 7.Gui FINKLER, 8.Alex RODRIGUEZ, 11.Hamish WATSON, 12.Adam PARKHOUSE, 13.Marco ROSSI, 14.Alex RUFER, 17.Vince LIA (c), 20.Lewis ITALIANO (gk), 21.Roy KRISHNA, 24.Logan ROGERSON, 26.Jack-Henry SINCLAIR

Ins: Nil Outs: Nil Unavailable: 9.Kosta BARBAROUSES (international duty – 1 week), 10.Michael McGLINCHEY (international duty – 1 week), 16.Louis FENTON (international duty – 1 week), 22.Andrew DURANTE (international duty – 1 week), 23.Matthew RIDENTON (knee – 2-3 weeks) - 

Krishna is in.

Given that I imagine they look like 

Moss

Tratt Fox Rossi Parkhouse

Bonevacia Rodriguez Lia

Finkler

Watson    Krishna

DAM10    56

I'd go with this 

Sorenson

Chapman   Jakobsen      Rose

Brattan

Malik                           Colazo

Caceres

Kamau    Fornaroli      Fitzy

Bouzanis Muscat Retre Kilkenny Brandan 

Edited by DAM10
mistake

Sorensen

chapman   Jakobsen   Colazo

Malik

Brattan    Kilkenny      

Caceres         

Kamau       Fornaroli      Brandon

silva10    815
6 hours ago, neio said:

I'd go with this 

Sorenson

Muscat Chapman Jakobsen Colazo

Kilkenny Malik Brattan

Kamau Fornaroli Brandan

Bouzanis Rose Retre Caceras Fitzgerald 

I would have Chapman at RB, Malik at CB, Muscat at LB, Brandan behind Bruno and Colazo at LW

Nate    2,558

reckon we'll line up with the same starting lineup as we did against WSW, with Caceres replacing Cahill. 

idk if Colazo is ready to start just yet.

fensaddler    346
5 minutes ago, Nate said:

reckon we'll line up with the same starting lineup as we did against WSW, with Caceres replacing Cahill. 

idk if Colazo is ready to start just yet.

He's a bloody good player to have on the bench...

bt50    3,157

All the noises that have been made imo point towards a line up of:

Sorensen

Chapman      Jakobsen     Rose

Brattan            Malik         Kilkenny

Kamau            Brandan      Colazo

Fornaroli

SUBS : Bouzanis Caceres Fitzgerald Retre Muscat

Probably could be a swap between Caceres and Brandan but i suspect the Argentine will be favoured after his FFA Cup performance. The article that was on Fox this morning re Chapman at RB leads me to think he'll start over Muscat and Malik's role obviously dropping into a back four when the opposition have the ball as per the FFA Cup game.

Edited by bt50
  • Like 2

japiedog    752

I think Brandan was better when he played more centrally in the FFA match against the Wanderers

I'd like to see him there for this match

2 hours ago, bt50 said:

All the noises that have been made imo point towards a line up of:

Sorensen

Chapman      Jakobsen     Rose

Brattan            Malik         Kilkenny

Kamau            Brandan      Colazo

Fornaroli

SUBS : Bouzanis Caceres Fitzgerald Retre Muscat

Probably could be a swap between Caceres and Brandan but i suspect the Argentine will be favoured after his FFA Cup performance. The article that was on Fox this morning re Chapman at RB leads me to think he'll start over Muscat and Malik's role obviously dropping into a back four when the opposition have the ball as per the FFA Cup game.

classic 3-3-3-1 formation

• Like 1

This is a must win game which will also drive our membership numbers 11 days before our first home game. I have been following our daily membership number over the last 3 days and we have average 70 per day. A win on Saturday would no doubt have more people sign up and take us to 80 per day as an average. This is 880 members before our first home game.  This will get us to 10700 members on game day at worst case scenario.

n i k o    4,764
6 minutes ago, Heart of Melbourne said:

must win 

Is there a way we can link a counter to number I'd times these words will be used together

• Like 3

haz    1,873

Game day! I've been waiting for the A-league to start for too long. Being from North Queensland the constant AFL in the offseason puts me to sleep. 

• Like 3

Deluka    312
5 hours ago, haz said:

Game day! I've been waiting for the A-league to start for too long. Being from North Queensland the constant AFL in the offseason puts me to sleep. 

Born in Brisbane and raised in Mackay and I share that feeling! 

• Like 1

GreenSeater    2,647

I grew up in Melbourne and just starting telling people I went for Melbourne Heart and they believed me and took me to games and now its too late to do anything about it

• Like 5

mattyh001    393

I was born in the dark, molded by it. I didn't see the light until I was already a man; by then, it was nothing to me but blinding! You think the darkness is your ally, you merely adopted the dark. The shadows betray you, because they belong to me

Edited by mattyh001
  • Like 4

SHERLOCK    59

The peaceful realm of Azeroth stands on the brink of war and its civilization faces a fearsome race of invaders: orc warriors fleeing their dying home to colonize another. As a portal opens to connect the two worlds, one army faces destruction and the other faces extinction. From opposing sides, an unlikely set of heroes are set on a collision course that will decide the fate of their families.

hakz7    1,381

Can't watch the game but might be able to catch the last 20-30 mins. If there's any game that I don't mind missing, it's this one lol

Let's hope the ball actually stays put for set pieces and that the wind isn't that bad...

Blackout    194

Well I have ditched my less than impressed girlfriend for the evening. Here's hoping that the game is worth the cold shoulder I will inevitably get tomorrow.

jeffplz    728
1 minute ago, jezq97 said:

Anyone know or have past experience with a league live streams and can recommend a website? 

livetv.sx always always has a stream. it's just a little hard to navigate. you can also try http://reddit.com/r/soccerstreams, which is only a forum for streamers to post their streams, so a stream isn't certain to be up but very high chance it willl

Edited by jeffplz