Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

1 hour ago, Fredinho69 said:

Troisi to be our marquee next season.

Heard it here first 

Ha+

Don't know how I would feel if this was true.

Firstly he wouldn't be a Victory reject like who we have signed in the past, it would be a statement of power if we could lure one of their best players to us.

...... But than again he played for Victory

21 minutes ago, haz said:

Ha+

Don't know how I would feel if this was true.

Firstly he wouldn't be a Victory reject like who we have signed in the past, it would be a statement of power if we could lure one of their best players to us.

...... But than again he played for Victory

So did Aziz, Retre, Duga....

8 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Screams of agent beefing up his price for that Visitor marquee spot

It does, he's obviously trying to force Victory's hand into committing. I'd say they are holding off atm in the hope that they'll nail down Rojas as marquee instead, but that could backfire if they end up losing both.

In saying that, we could be a serious chance if Rojas commits; Troisi will be best served by staying in Aus now imo.

Edited by bt50

1 minute ago, bt50 said:

It does, he's obviously trying to force Victory's hand into committing. I'd say they are holding off atm in the hope that they'll nail down Rojas as marquee instead, but that could backfire if they end up losing both.

Would lol if they lose one cause of the cap and then the cap is removed

City Secures Teenage Trio on Multi-Year Deals

Melbourne City FC has secured three of its teenage stars on multi-year contracts, signing promising trio Dylan Pieiras, Denis Genreau and James Delianov to the senior team for the next two seasons.

The three players, all 17 years old, have emerged through City’s Academy teams and have signed professional deals with the Club.

Midfielder Genreau and goalkeeper Delianov joined City’s first team from the Club’s youth system on Scholarship Contracts this season and have extended their deals, which will elevate them into the first team for the next two seasons.

Both have trained regularly with the first team throughout the 2016/17 campaign, while Genreau, a former youth team Rising Star award-winner, has made three appearances in the first team this season, including his debut in December last year against Perth Glory.

Genreau, who has signed a three-year deal, has also been included in City’s A-League extended squad to challenge Sydney FC this Saturday night.

Pieiras, a talented defender, will be promoted to the senior team roster next season from the club’s Foxtel National Youth League squad.  Pierias debuted for City against Brisbane Roar in February, making him the first player born in the 21st Century to play in the A-League.

Pieiras is also the first player to graduate through the Club’s Melbourne City College of Football program to play first team football. Commenting on the signings, Melbourne City FC Head Coach Michael Valkanis said; “These three players have been nurtured through our youth system and have shown immense potential during their progression and development within our Club. “Developing young players is crucial to our Club’s philosophy and each of these players have worked with our current coaching staff through our youth structures and therefore have a great understanding of the football we want to play. “Having the players deliver our community clinics will help them to further develop their communication and leadership skills, while helping inspire the next generation of football players and fans in our community.”
Read more at http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/city-secures-teenage-trio-on-multi-year-deals/kod1okfz3yk91nwtkordf5jtx#p9XX7wxzu3cRJmdu.99

Edited by Chris p
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Chris p said:

Melbourne City FC has secured three of its teenage stars on multi-year contracts, signing promising trio Dylan Pieiras, Denis Genreau and James Delianov to the senior team for the next two seasons

I assume they will take the 3 youth spots. @jw1739 who is currently in the youth spots now (not marked on the contract thread) ?. This probably gives an indication of who will not be retained for next season.

17 hours ago, Chris p said:

Never knew he was born in Paris.

http://www.fourfourtwo.com.au/news/a-french-aussie-teens-ambition-456574

Melbourne City youngster Denis Genreau’s story shows you never know what lies around the corner.

He turns 18 in May, has three A-League appearances to his name and recently signed a three-year deal.

Genreau was born in Paris.

His parents Sophie and Marc went on their honeymoon to Australia which led to them deciding to reside down under when he was just two-years-old.

Orignally growing up in Adelaide, the teenager says he is proud of his season so far with two games off the bench against Perth Glory and Central Coast Mariners.

He lasted 90 minutes against Brisbane Roar in February.

“It’s always been my goal to play professional football,” Genreau said.

“I’ve always told myself ‘that’s what I’m going to do, that’s the only thing I’m going to do in my life as well as prioritising education.

“But it’s my primary goal. To become a footballer, so I always believed in myself that I could become a footballer, but to make the steps I’ve made. As quick as I have, I’m very proud of myself and also I’m proud of what I’ve achieved so far.”

Genreau and Pieiras run to celebrate a goal in a 2-2 draw with Brisbane Roar

Former coach John van’t Schip said he backed Genreau and believed he showed a lot of promise after his debut.

Genreau was involved in City’s youth side who were crowned NYL champions in January.

He said he did felt blessed for his career so far as well as being in a team with Tim Cahill and Bruno Fornaroli.

“The encouragement they (the senior players) give me and I’m just continuing,” he said. “Even through training I’m just improving every day and it’s awesome to get a bit of a taste of the A-League.

“He’s (van’t Schip) gave them (youngsters) a chance this season, he didn’t tell me specifically I was going to play or anything like that… just training well, think I had potential.

“He thought ‘why not? We’ll give him a shot’ and that’s attitude but he didn’t really tell me anything particular.”

Genreau is in Year 12 at Scotch College and has ambitions of studying Arts at Melbourne University upon graduation.

City also secured the professional services of teenagers Dylan Pieiras and James Delianov on multi-year deals.

Genreau, Delianov and Pieiras helped to deliver an ‘I Speak Football’ clinic to young players from Fitzroy.

The newly-signed trio helped deliver a clinic with young community leaders demonstrating practical football skills and providing healthy lifestyle tips to 25 young players in Fitzroy on Thursday.

Genreau could feature in City’s clash against Sydney FC on Saturday night after being included in the club’s extended squad.

The French-Aussie was also ambitiousabout his goals for the next three years.

“By 20 I’d be hoping to play week in and week out," he said. "Hopefully next season as well, consistently in the squad, consistently pushing for a starting XI spot, that’s my goal.”

Valkanis distances Melb City from James Troisi - Goal.com

Michael Huguenin

http://m.goal.com/s/en-us/news/69/transfer-zone/2017/03/31/34167462/troisi-to-melbourne-city-i-dont-think-so-says-valkanis

The Melbourne Victory playmaker has been linked with City and Sydney FC as he comes out of contract at the end of the season

Melbourne City coach Michael Valkanis has denied his club are interested in luring Socceroos midfielder James Troisi across from Melbourne Victory.

A report in the Herald Sun this week claimed City and Sydney FC are tracking Troisi's situation, with the Victory playmaker out of contract at the end of the season.

The 28-year-old has indicated a marquee contract will be what it takes to keep him at Victory beyond 2016-17.

Asked if there was any truth to speculation City would swoop on Troisi if he decides to leave Victory, Valkanis told Goal on Friday: "No. I don't think so."

City face A-League premiers Sydney FC on Saturday night in a match Valkanis considers vital to his team's fortunes, although he baulked somewhat at suggestions beating the Sky Blues might have mean more than three points.

"At the moment, this game - no matter who it would be - is important that we win. We need the result," he said.

"It doesn't matter whether its Sydney or someone else, it's an important game for us moving forwards in terms of where we want to finish on the table.

"But Sydney are the benchmark this year of the A-League and they've performed extremely well, but we also believe in our ability playing against them because I think in the previous games we've done well."

After a disappointing 3-1 loss away to Western Sydney Wanderers last Friday, Valkanis admitted he and his coaching staff had asked some hard questions this week.

"We feel at this stage that we have to make some change. We have to make some change and we'll probably do so now against Sydney in preparation for finals," he said.

One change that won't occur is the return of centre-back Michael Jakobsen, who is still being nursed back from a calf injury.

Valkanis claimed he was "pretty confident" the Dane will play against Adelaide United next week.

"We feel at this stage that we have to make some change. We have to make some change and we'll probably do so now against Sydney in preparation for finals," he said.

Just now? lolz

But honestly if we end up winning the GF thanks to Jakobsen who opposition teams have forgotten about this whole tirade will be seen as an absolute masterclass move by Valkanis, lmao

8 hours ago, jeffplz said:

So next season, Galekovic, Bouzanis and Pavlidis are our GK choices in descending order. Sozer denied a contract because he's Turk, now there's 3 Greeks in the seniors. The conspiracy is real

Galekovic is Croatian nevertheless  I like were your heading.

Continue....

19 minutes ago, Dylan said:

So seems like the only rumors for us seem to be we are buying Nico Martinez and Galekovic is coming across.

So we will basically have one Visa spot to play with next season

Pretty sure NYCFC have a short Argentinean midfielder too.

1 hour ago, mattyh001 said:

Hoole's on the outer at Newcastle by all reports, and his contract finishes at the end of the season.

Not sure on our chances but would be a solid signing, particularly with Gamerio and Kuzi out of contract this season for us

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2017/04/03/hoole-outer-after-heated-exchange

He's got on the outer because he's had a dummy spit for being subbed. Who'd have thought a footballer would get subbed. Prima Donna. On top of that he's not exactly a threat in front of goal, couldn't score in a brothel.

pass.

19 minutes ago, Shahanga said:

He's got on the outer because he's had a dummy spit for being subbed. Who'd have thought a footballer would get subbed. Prima Donna. On top of that he's not exactly a threat in front of goal, couldn't score in a brothel.

pass.

Surely his wages are that low that he couldn't afford going to a brothel anyway 

• Like 4

• jw1739 pinned this topic