Melbourne Football

Round 16 vs CCM Thursday 19th January

kingofhearts

57 minutes ago, GreenSeater said:

I've been a supporter of this club since the first day of Melbourne Heart. I've been to more games than I can count. And yet tonight is the night I finally make my long-awaited pre-game debut. I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you chaps in real life tonight :up:

Is that some sort of portent of doom?

JW's three things in advance if we don't win tonight:
- it's season over;
- I'm starting the "season over" thread unless someone else beats me to it;
- MvS won't get the gig.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Is that some sort of portent of doom?

JW's three things in advance if we don't win tonight:
- it's season over;
- I'm starting the "season over" thread unless someone else beats me to it;
- MvS won't get the gig.

I'd say me not coming to pregame is the only thing holding us back from success tbh

Interesting about Colazo statement in the other thread that the coaches are going to persist with him in the same position and probably going to play the 343 again as it gives more options. And against the Mariners is probably the only team the 343 suits playing against. Having Kilkenny return and Ruon rested also leads me to think they probably will try it again and I'm also thinking Brandan will most likely start more centrally. 

So the kids can go free tonight. Was this advertised at the last home game? I don't recall it being advertised as I only got an email now to say that kids go free. Great incentive by the club but f* me, shouldn't have we been told this at the last home game as I can't recall this being up on the big screen? 

8 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

So the kids can go free tonight. Was this advertised at the last home game? I don't recall it being advertised as I only got an email now to say that kids go free. Great incentive by the club but f* me, shouldn't have we been told this at the last home game as I can't recall this being up on the big screen? 

I don't remember either. But that's what happens when the stuff shown on the screen at half-time etc. is such a load of crap that no-one really pays much attention to it.

People have been asking for a long time for specific City-oriented content at City home matches - such as coverage of the Women and Youth teams - but it never happens.

Just another example of the club failing to communicate with its fans.

28 minutes ago, playmaker said:

That's because kids don't want to go anymore. Two guys I spoke to at last home game said they had to force their kids to go because they hate the way we play. My kids are getting the too. So much for the 'Beautiful football' we are meant to be playing. A snoozefest more like it.

Man, are these kids that play for Barcelona or something? Surely too young to know we play shit football. Anyway, my nieces and nephew can't wait to go to these games. They only got into it in the last couple months and have never been prior.

3 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Man, are these kids that play for Barcelona or something? Surely too young to know we play shit football. Anyway, my nieces and nephew can't wait to go to these games. They only got into it in the last couple months and have never been prior.

There is heaps of people man who cant be stuffed going to games anymore. My mate is getting sick of going if we play absolutely boring and I am getting fed up with it either. For the team we have we shoukd be 1st or second on the table not 3rd and 9 points behind victory. We lose and draw stupid games. I am getting fed up with how we play.

7 minutes ago, Tony999 said:

Just feed them with a Bratwurst some soft drink and tell them not annoy you. Simple. If they don't want to come leave them at home. 

1 minute ago, Jovan said:

Just feed them with a Bratwurst some soft drink and tell them not annoy you. Simple. If they don't want to come leave them at home. 

Maybe that's why my niece and nephew come - I give them chips, chocolate and ice-creams. But the nephew is getting into it and watches the game without a single blink of an eye for the whole game.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

I've been a supporter of this club since the first day of Melbourne Heart. I've been to more games than I can count. And yet tonight is the night I finally make my long-awaited pre-game debut. I look forward to hopefully meeting some of you chaps in real life tonight :up:

I'll be the attractive one with a city polo and excellent social skills

Edited by jeffplz

2 hours ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

There is heaps of people man who cant be stuffed going to games anymore. My mate is getting sick of going if we play absolutely boring and I am getting fed up with it either. For the team we have we shoukd be 1st or second on the table not 3rd and 9 points behind victory. We lose and draw stupid games. I am getting fed up with how we play.

I can't get any pf my friends to come, I still have all those free GA tickets the franchise gave out with the season tickets

6 hours ago, GreenSeater said:

Can you post what they look like/act like for us non-active people?

2 hours ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

So far this season our average non-derby attendance is 9,558. If we go back to S1 the season n-d average was 5,828. The average attendance continues to rise each season. Membership is at an all-time high and we have overtaken Sydney (just).

I agree that it seems that a lot of us are disgruntled, but the "metrics" people at the club will look at the numbers and whilst they're probably not happy with them in an absolute sense they will be pleased with the growth.

The circus continues. The untouchables Cahill, Brattan and Colazo in the starting line up. The player of the month Ruon, our best defender on the bench ( ? ) and Malik in.

Valkanis, you're a joke. You have no character and balls to replace players that everyone with a football brain can see aren't delivering. Good luck FFA muppet. 

Edited by DAM10

Tongyik not in means we're playing 3 at the back? 

Last time we played them I hoped we'd play 3 (enter JVS decides to play 4 at the back and give them time in the ball) at the back and pressure their defensive backline as they're culpable to make errors. If we do this I think we'll win convincingly. 

Edited by n i k o

What the fuck is wrong with this club. The player selection is mind boggling (I was wrong thinking Brattan was suspended for this game).

And with Chapman leaving, what is happening with our defence? We'll probaly use the cap space on a midfielder.

Hard to tell if that was intentional or not, but usually i always see those types of fouls as yellows in other games. But i guess the ref assumed he intentionally hit jakobsen. 

Now im just concerned they will park the bus like wsw and it will stay as a draw due to city's lack of creativity when teams are ultra defensive

Edited by Young Polak