Melbourne Football

Brisbane Roar vs Melbourne City 10 Feb 2024 KO 6.00 pm

citypool

6:00 Melbourne time.

Tilio in arslan out 

How do you think we'll go? 

1. Jamie YOUNG (GK), 2. Scott GALLOWAY, 4. Nuno REIS, 6. Steven UGARKOVIC, 7. Mathew LECKIE, 8. James JEGGO, 9. Jamie MACLAREN (C), 11. Leo NATEL, 15. Andrew NABBOUT, 17. Terry ANTONIS, 18. Jordon HALL, 21. Alessandro LOPANE, 22. Curtis GOOD, 23. Marco TILIO, 26. Samuel SOUPRAYEN, 33. Patrick BEACH (GK), 37. Max CAPUTO, 38. Harry POLITIDIS, 44. Marin JAKOLIS, 46. Ben MAZZEO.

In: 23. Marco TILIO (new signing), 26. Samuel SOUPRAYEN, 44. Marin JAKOLIS (both return from injury).

Out: 10. Tolgay ARSLAN (suspension).

Unavailable: 10. Tolgay ARSLAN (suspension), 25. Callum TALBOT (shoulder),  34. Arion SULEMANI (ACL).

Edited by jw1739

• jw1739 changed the title to Brisbane Roar vs Melbourne City 10 Feb 2024 KO 6.00 pm
2 hours ago, citypool said:

Tilio in arslan out 

1. Jamie YOUNG (GK), 2. Scott GALLOWAY, 4. Nuno REIS, 6. Steven UGARKOVIC, 7. Mathew LECKIE, 8. James JEGGO, 9. Jamie MACLAREN (C), 11. Leo NATEL, 15. Andrew NABBOUT, 17. Terry ANTONIS, 18. Jordon HALL, 21. Alessandro LOPANE, 22. Curtis GOOD, 23. Marco TILIO, 26. Samuel SOUPRAYEN, 33. Patrick BEACH (GK), 37. Max CAPUTO, 38. Harry POLITIDIS, 44. Marin JAKOLIS, 46. Ben MAZZEO.

In: 23. Marco TILIO (new signing), 26. Samuel SOUPRAYEN, 44. Marin JAKOLIS (both return from injury).

Unavailable: 10. Tolgay ARSLAN (suspension), 25. Callum TALBOT (shoulder),  34. Arion SULEMANI (ACL).

How long is Arslan out for?

His hearing date was still to be determined, which is bloody stupid when they do this (they did the same for Storm Roux when he contested his red against us). It should be before the next game because if he is found not guilty he has missed a game he shouldn't have.

I know he probably won't get found not guilty but it shouldn't matter, get the matter dealt with as quick as possible 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, neio said:

His hearing date was still to be determined, which is bloody stupid when they do this (they did the same for Storm Roux when he contested his red against us). It should be before the next game because if he is found not guilty he has missed a game he shouldn't have.

I know he probably won't get found not guilty but it shouldn't matter, get the matter dealt with as quick as possible 

It used to on the following Thursday IIRC?

2 hours ago, neio said:

This kind of thing is simply embarrassing 

3 hours ago, neio said:

54 minutes ago, D.B. Cooper said:

This kind of thing is simply embarrassing 

IIRC the original club report said that he would be unavailable for this match against Brisbane. I took this as a club disciplinary decision.

1 minute ago, jw1739 said:

IIRC the original club report said that he would be unavailable for this match against Brisbane. I took this as a club disciplinary decision.

I can nearly guarantee going off previous league examples that he is serving the 'red card obligatory 1 game suspension' this week and we will find out more next week.

I saw earlier today that Aidan Simmons from WSW had his red card hearing for his red against WU 2 weeks ago this morning after they appealed, he didn't get off. But if he did I assume he missed last week for absolutely no reason. 

As I said before, just get it sorted as quick as possible. There is absolutely no reason to make things drag on for 2 weeks after the incident 

19 hours ago, citypool said:

Tilio in arslan out 

With Leckie, Tilio, Jakolis and Nabbout available we should be coming away with point/s

4 hours ago, Tommykins said:

I think there's a misunderstanding here, Arslans hearing will not be to determine if he's guilty or not, it'll be to determine the severity of the punishment, City aren't appealing the initial ban. 

Maybe I'm dumb but I just wish it was a bit clearer for the fans. So when is the hearing? If the initial ban is for one match only, then can Arslan play thereafter until the hearing is held? Otherwise it's punishment by delay.

Talk about a Mickey Mouse league...

2 hours ago, MHFC-FAN said:

With Leckie, Tilio, Jakolis and Nabbout available we should be coming away with point/s

Watching the first half of the AU vs PG match last night, one of the commentators stated that PG have the third highest GF. I just looked at the table and discovered that goal scored difference between City and BR is only 4 goals. The saviour for City is that BR has a worse defense.

• Thanks 1

No defensive structure into defensive transition, it allows Roar to push or pass close to goal before there’s even a challenge. We’re just making it hard for ourselves.

Runs not tracked. It’s like the stronger the team gets on paper, the less effort the players believe that they need

Edited by belaguttman

1 hour ago, haz said:

Honestly, the team is getting ridiculously strong (on paper at least). 

We are old and slow, most our opponents have younger, fitter and quicker squads. The word is, our squad is experienced. Not strong, not when your core as way past it in your 30s.

Brisbane had the same amount of chances in the 8-1 thrashing, they just don’t convert then.

Edited by Mr MO

6 minutes ago, IssySG said:

I’m at women’s game and not watching, how bad on a scale of 1 - Adelaide Away?

Equivalent. No, actually worse, because Adelaide were actually a good team then, we are just making Roar look good. There’s no pressure at all on their players, acres of space, even a pub team will look good. We’ll only score of there’s a Roar OG but we aren’t even putting enough pressure on their defence for that.

Edited by belaguttman