Melbourne Football

Warren Joyce. As predicted by Serb Hair Dresser.. Goneski

Dylan

37 minutes ago, playmaker said:

@FOXFOOTBALL: . @MelbourneCity 🗣️ "We made @PerthGloryFC look... a bit ordinary"

Stat: ZERO shots on target.

"Dominance is winning games. Taking your chances when they’re presented and winning games.”

https://twitter.com/FOXFOOTBALL/status/1072331835936509952/video/1

Yea Perth were ordinary...... we were utter shit though!

• Like 1

As good a snapshot of what Joyce is about as you'll get. Work hard, don't give lip, "do as the gaffer says".

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/wales-taking-his-chances-as-city-look-to-build-for-the-future-20181212-p50lvq.html

Wales taking his chances as City look to build for the future

By MIchael Lynch

Olyroo hopeful Lachlan Wales had played 12 professional football games for Central Coast over a two-year period but didn’t get to sing the team song after winning a game.

But after an off-season move to Melbourne City he didn’t have to wait long to open his lungs and bellow out the club anthem with gusto.

City, with Wales playing a part, beat Melbourne Victory in the opening round of this A-League campaign, giving Wales’ career in sky blue the perfect start.

‘‘Yes, that’s true. I didn’t get a win as a professional player since I came to City and it did feel good to be able to sing the song,’’ he recalls as he takes stock of a whirlwind couple of months in which he has established himself as a first teamer at City and got another Olyroo call-up.

Not only has he played regularly and sung the team song, he has also scored his first goal for his new club, chipping in with the third when City beat Newcastle 3-0 early this month.

‘‘It was a great feeling. I had been getting into some good positions and I had some chances so it was great to just get that first one,’’ he said.

One door opens and another door closes.

So while Bruno Fornaroli has been shut out of things at City and looks unlikely to win his way back into the fold, Wales has been a big beneficiary.

He played most of his teenage years as a wide player, where his pace and workrate helped him, but since Fornaroli has fallen out of favour he has been used in a more central role. ‘‘It’s been great to get some starting opportunities although I have had to play a different role in the last few games,’’ he said.

‘‘Bruno likes the ball played to feet and to hold it up, while I prefer the balls played through the channels for me to chase.’’

Coach Warren Joyce believes Wales’ workrate and attitude has helped him make an impact so soon. ‘‘He’s been a breath of fresh air since he’s come into the football club really,’’ Joyce said.

‘‘You need to want to develop and put everything you can into being a footballer. He lives the life of a footballer. It’s a way of life for him not a job. He does everything he can to get as fit as he possibly can be. He is intelligent, and you have got to be able to retain information to get better.

‘‘He’s no ego, he comes in every day, looking like a surfer. We have challenged him on that and told him to dress like a footballer. But he has got desire and the intelligence and commitment to drive himself and have a successful career.’’

17 hours ago, HEARTinator said:

As good a snapshot of what Joyce is about as you'll get. Work hard, don't give lip, "do as the gaffer says".

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/wales-taking-his-chances-as-city-look-to-build-for-the-future-20181212-p50lvq.html

Wales taking his chances as City look to build for the future

By MIchael Lynch

Olyroo hopeful Lachlan Wales had played 12 professional football games for Central Coast over a two-year period but didn’t get to sing the team song after winning a game.

But after an off-season move to Melbourne City he didn’t have to wait long to open his lungs and bellow out the club anthem with gusto.

City, with Wales playing a part, beat Melbourne Victory in the opening round of this A-League campaign, giving Wales’ career in sky blue the perfect start.

‘‘Yes, that’s true. I didn’t get a win as a professional player since I came to City and it did feel good to be able to sing the song,’’ he recalls as he takes stock of a whirlwind couple of months in which he has established himself as a first teamer at City and got another Olyroo call-up.

Not only has he played regularly and sung the team song, he has also scored his first goal for his new club, chipping in with the third when City beat Newcastle 3-0 early this month.

‘‘It was a great feeling. I had been getting into some good positions and I had some chances so it was great to just get that first one,’’ he said.

One door opens and another door closes.

So while Bruno Fornaroli has been shut out of things at City and looks unlikely to win his way back into the fold, Wales has been a big beneficiary.

He played most of his teenage years as a wide player, where his pace and workrate helped him, but since Fornaroli has fallen out of favour he has been used in a more central role. ‘‘It’s been great to get some starting opportunities although I have had to play a different role in the last few games,’’ he said.

‘‘Bruno likes the ball played to feet and to hold it up, while I prefer the balls played through the channels for me to chase.’’

Coach Warren Joyce believes Wales’ workrate and attitude has helped him make an impact so soon. ‘‘He’s been a breath of fresh air since he’s come into the football club really,’’ Joyce said.

‘‘You need to want to develop and put everything you can into being a footballer. He lives the life of a footballer. It’s a way of life for him not a job. He does everything he can to get as fit as he possibly can be. He is intelligent, and you have got to be able to retain information to get better.

‘‘He’s no ego, he comes in every day, looking like a surfer. We have challenged him on that and told him to dress like a footballer. But he has got desire and the intelligence and commitment to drive himself and have a successful career.’’

Joyce is starting to remind me of Ron Dennis from back in his McClaren F1 days

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, rayv36 said:

How do these things work, what happens if we get to 100 signatures? I've signed, get this idiot away from our club. I guess share this on social media and let's see how many votes we can get.

13 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

How do these things work, what happens if we get to 100 signatures? I've signed, get this idiot away from our club. I guess share this on social media and let's see how many votes we can get.

No idea how it all works, but i assume at the very least it'll further show City HQ there are some seriously pissed off fans

On 12/9/2018 at 0:17 PM, Dylan said:

I know what you are both saying. But my guess would be if we lose the next two games, he might have to go back to England for family reasons. Especially if its as bad as is being described behind the scenes.

I`m told its worse then what people actually think. More to it then just Wazza and Bruno!!!

6 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

I`m told its worse then what people actually think. More to it then just Wazza and Bruno!!!

I’m sure that most of us here are suspecting that there is more going on than Bruno’s skinfolds. It’s obvious in the way media is handled, Jamieson and Joyce must think we are all a little silly. But elaborate a bit more about what you are being told please?

Edited by Mr MO

22 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

I’m sure that most of us here are suspecting that there is more going on than Bruno’s skinfolds. It’s obvious in the way media is handled, Jamieson and Joyce must think we are all a little silly. But elaborate a bit more about what you are being told please?

I second this motion

11 hours ago, AntiScum said:

11 hours ago, Mr MO said:

11 hours ago, JMSTEP123 said:

I second this motion

I suspect that whatever is going on behind the scenes will come out early in January when the transfer window opens. It's pretty clear that Joyce cannot work with a number of senior players. 

15 hours ago, Mr MO said:

Trying to stamp his authority in all the wrong ways. Cant manage Adults and treats them like little kids belittling them.

His way or the highway and CFG are happy to let high earners leave for a heafty profit to balance their books.

6 minutes ago, AntiScum said:

Trying to stamp his authority in all the wrong ways. Cant manage Adults and treats them like little kids belittling them.

His way or the highway and CFG are happy to let high earners leave for a heafty profit to balance their books.

Well that makes sense in a way, given his history and that he dresses like a PE teacher. But really does depend if your source has an axe to grind

2 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Well that makes sense in a way, given his history and that he dresses like a PE teacher. But really does depend if your source has an axe to grind

Absolutely NOT. Just telling it like it is!!

Wasnt given the arse at Wigan for no reason, did exactly the same thing their. Just remember his time at United was constantly overlooked by those above him with him having little say!!!

1 hour ago, AntiScum said:

Absolutely NOT. Just telling it like it is!!

Wasnt given the arse at Wigan for no reason, did exactly the same thing their. Just remember his time at United was constantly overlooked by those above him with him having little say!!!

I am with you on this, what I find amusing though is that he expects everyone else to get better and develop to their maximum potential but he on the other hand has not done so.

Result is that he is a good youth coach but can't manage a senior team for shit.

You need to go Wazza, just leave.

• Like 1

What I don't understand with all these complaints about "We are only used for finding/selling talent" is how do some young guys even get noticed or show decent skills by playing Joyce-ball.

Are Manchester looking for players who can pass sideways well 100 times in a game?

21 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Aloisi didn't drag the club repeatedly into confrontations with players or lose the fans the way Joyce has. Joyce by far the worst of all the people we have had.

Which ameture club organise`s a player to be blurred out during a game?

Clubs lost me with its bullsh*t antics

19 hours ago, playmaker said:

I am with you on this, what I find amusing though is that he expects everyone else to get better and develop to their maximum potential but he on the other hand has not done so.

Result is that he is a good youth coach but can't manage a senior team for shit.

You need to go Wazza, just leave.

But is he a good youth coach?

Denis Genreau. Dylan Petritas.

• Like 1