Melbourne Football

Season 23/24 - Round 5 -Melbourne vs Wellington Saturday 25th Nov - 2:30pm

MHFC-FAN

3 hours ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Surprised nobody has already started this thread given it's only 2 days away...

Need to at least come away with a point! Nix aren't too bad at the moment. 

Probably because thanks to the fixturing we don't have a home League match until 17th December. Really crappy fixturing IMO. The next match at AAMI is in the ACL vs. Zhejiang on 12th December.

Edited by jw1739

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Probably because thanks to the fixturing we don't have a home League match until 17th December. Really crappy fixturing IMO. The next match at AAMI is in the ACL vs. Zhejiang on 12th December.

Yeah it's a poor fixture this season! I don't understand how hard it is to organise home - away - home - away...

Edited by jw1739

8 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Is there something on at AAMI cause victory don't play at home again until the same weekend as us

7 hours ago, neio said:

Is there something on at AAMI cause victory don't play at home again until the same weekend as us

There are just two events - concerts by Foo Fighters - 4th and 6th December. https://aamipark.com.au/events/ 

15 hours ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Yeah it's a poor fixture this season! I don't understand how hard it is to organise home - away - home - away...

Clearly too hard for the intellectual giants who administer our game.

Reis and Schreiber out injured.

1. Jamie YOUNG (GK), 2. Scott GALLOWAY, 6. Steven UGARKOVIC, 8. Hamza SAKHI, 9. Jamie MACLAREN (C), 10. Tolgay ARSLAN, 11. Leo NATEL, 16. Aziz BEHICH, 17. Terry ANTONIS, 18. Jordon HALL, 21. Alessandro LOPANE, 22. Curtis GOOD, 25. Callum TALBOT, 26. Samuel SOUPRAYEN, 33. Patrick BEACH (GK), 37. Max CAPUTO, 38. Harry POLITIDIS, 44. Marin JAKOLIS, 46. Ben MAZZEO, 53. Sebastian ESPOSITO.

In: 18. Jordon HALL, 38. Harry POLITIDIS, 46. Ben MAZZEO, 53. Sebastian ESPOSITO (all promoted).

Out: 4. Nuno REIS (quad), 35. Zane SCHREIBER (knee).

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Reis and Schreiber out injured.

1. Jamie YOUNG (GK), 2. Scott GALLOWAY, 6. Steven UGARKOVIC, 8. Hamza SAKHI, 9. Jamie MACLAREN (C), 10. Tolgay ARSLAN, 11. Leo NATEL, 16. Aziz BEHICH, 17. Terry ANTONIS, 18. Jordon HALL, 21. Alessandro LOPANE, 22. Curtis GOOD, 25. Callum TALBOT, 26. Samuel SOUPRAYEN, 33. Patrick BEACH (GK), 37. Max CAPUTO, 38. Harry POLITIDIS, 44. Marin JAKOLIS, 46. Ben MAZZEO, 53. Sebastian ESPOSITO.

In: 18. Jordon HALL, 38. Harry POLITIDIS, 46. Ben MAZZEO, 53. Sebastian ESPOSITO (all promoted).

Out: 4. Nuno REIS (quad), 35. Zane Schreiber

Arslan back despite going off, Good in the squad after only being on the bench last time. Maclaren and Behich on the face of it are fit after their international break.

• MHFC-FAN changed the title to Season 23/24 - Round 5 -Melbourne vs Wellington Saturday 25th Nov - 2:30pm
1 hour ago, IssySG said:

Galloway correctly punished for playing positive football.

41 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Very disappointed with Galloway not starting, not a good look. 

Inexplicable IMO. Fans' best player and then dropped. Had a week off - could easily play 70m today and then again on Wednesday. I do not understand this club. Maybe we'll do well as the season progresses but at this stage I have no confidence whatsoever.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

I cannot see anything that has prompted anyone to sign Natel. Lazy player.

Among other things it means there's no-one coming up through the Academy. Makes me wonder why we let players go - such as that youngster who came on in the NPL as a sub and scored 3 goals - bloody brilliant he was. Forgotten his name now.

As it is we might as well play Galloway on the LW until Nabbout is back.

Young saved our skin a few times, as well as Souprayen surprisingly, he's having a pretty good game.

Behich once again our best on field, he has made a few good chances, nice free from Sakhi, he's better than the other fella.

We are just missing someone other than Behich to play a killer ball, everyone else is a bit meh so far.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

When can we expect to notice the changes a new coach brings? Perhaps Rado was a smart man to realize that there isn’t much more he could do with this group of players. 

I am quite certain that that was the conclusion that Rado came to. He therefore went to Petrillo and said so. As for Vidmar, what else has he got to work with? I don't resile from the view that he may well throw in the towel in due course.

11 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

I'd be wondering if there's not something wrong with the chemistry of the squad. But we're definitely carrying too many players who aren't performing.

Yes that’s a big part. However some of them just lack some critical skill for various reasons either speed, ball control or vision to be top of the a-league.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mr MO said:

Yes that’s a big part. However some of them just lack some critical skill for various reasons either speed, ball control or vision to be top of the a-league.

Just to pay devils advocate, interestingly Jaime and Good, our highest scorer and our best defender look bog stock average. 

• Like 1