Melbourne Football

ACL Matchday 3 | Buriram United VS Melbourne City | Wednesday 25 October 9PM AEST KO |

Zanty

Couldn't be prouder of the boys, what a great effort that was! It's amazing the difference in a teams energy when you make subs!

Jakolis would've been my man of my match until he pulled that bullshit at the end. What the actual fuck was that?

Edited by kingofhearts
  • Like 4

I’m very pleased with the result!

I’ve watched all our CL games now and there’s just pattern with Asian teams not being able to convert. In all those games we give them so many opportunities. One day they will all fly in and you’ll loose a game with multiple goals.

4 hours ago, Zanty said:

Still best player despite whatever that was at the end.

Still can’t hit a barn door with his preferred foot - odd.

4 hours ago, Mr MO said:

I’m very pleased with the result!

I’ve watched all our CL games now and there’s just pattern with Asian teams not being able to convert. In all those games we give them so many opportunities. One day they will all fly in and you’ll loose a game with multiple goals.

Still can’t hit a barn door with his preferred foot - odd.

I just looked at the highlights. We did give them a couple of gilt-edged chances, but we missed at least two that we really should have converted. Odd about Jakolis - I agree. Several inch-perfect crosses with his left but can't shoot for toffee with his right - suspect he's like Berisha last season - just trying too hard and each miss makes it worse. Jamie Young made a couple of good saves too.

I missed the first 15 minutes of the game, but overall: happy. Any news on Talbot, it looked like he picked up an injury?

Positives:

Clean sheet - away

generally, a far more positive performance than the game against Tarneit: better pressing, more movement off the ball and improved passing.

Jakolis had a far better game...most of the time: Potential = skills + inconsistency. His simulation in the final minute was disgraceful, and I hope that there's an internal club sanction.

Arslan has been a great signing and looks like being our best midfielder for some time.

Finally, some intelligent subs during the game, Galloway made a positive contribution and should play more often

Negatives:

When we play some better teams in the next round, all those missed scoring chances and defensive lapses will be punished. We will have played more games by then and hopefully, we will have tightened up.

• Like 4

Not sure about news, but looked like Talbot did his hamstring trying to hit that shot too hard.

I'm not sure if we were more positive last night, perhaps their defence was a lot more porous than WU on Saturday which gave us more room to attack in. We could've been in trouble last night if they actually had any idea on how to attack. 

But given the situation, it was a fantastic result and hope it gives the team more confidence in each other.

• Like 1