Melbourne Football

Australia Cup 2023

citypool

The Australia Cup 2023 Round of 32 Live Draw will be conducted on Wednesday, 28 June 2023 at 7.00pm AEST and streamed LIVE on 10 Play plus streamed via official Australia Cup Facebook and Football Australia YouTube accounts

Games to be played in August.

Who do we want to draw against? 

1 hour ago, citypool said:

The Australia Cup 2023 Round of 32 Live Draw will be conducted on Wednesday, 28 June 2023 at 7.00pm AEST and streamed LIVE on 10 Play plus streamed via official Australia Cup Facebook and Football Australia YouTube accounts

Games to be played in August.

Who do we want to draw against? 

I don't think it matters TBH.
We should be taking this competition seriously because the winner gets participate in the AFC Cup, but the problem is that we enter the competition right at the point where we are in the depths of the off-season, with only our NPL2 lads really match fit and playing.
At present there does not seems a way around this until we can find a way to better align the AL and NPL seasons, even if not completely.
Is the draw still biased towards the NPL clubs - i.e. they get to play at home if drawn against A-League opposition? I thought that this was supposed to be phased out by now?
IMO the other problem with this competition is that it gets almost zero publicity.

7 minutes ago, heart1011 said:

Well boys and girls.. Oakleigh it is!

I see that we are continuing with the rule that we will have to play away any time we draw a non-league club. Just 500 seats at the Jack Edwards Reserve in Oakleigh. Have been there several times for Heart pre-season matches.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I see that we are continuing with the rule that we will have to play away any time we draw a non-league club. Just 500 seats at the Jack Edwards Reserve in Oakleigh. Have been there several times for Heart pre-season matches.

I have no qualms going to NPL grounds, give something back to the NPL clubs etc.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Interesting that if we reach the QF of the Australia Cup the matches take place just the week before we will play our first ACL Group match...

Could be quite the congested calendar, potentially all the way up to round 1 of the season if we make the final of the cup!

1 hour ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Could be quite the congested calendar, potentially all the way up to round 1 of the season if we make the final of the cup!

Don't mind that, some of the clubs we will face in ACL will be mid season and in form, we need to be match ready asap 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, jw1739 said:

Our Round of 32 fixture vs. Oakleigh Cannons is confirmed for Sunday 13th August, 2.00 p.m., Jack Edwards Reserve, Oakleigh.

Not far from where I live, so I'll probably make it work permitting.

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, kingofhearts said:

Is this being broadcasted on channel 10

The Cup matches are all live streamed on the 10 Play app (look at the live TV section around kickoff time)

Looking forward to this one! We've had some memorable clashes with Oakleigh back in the Heart days: Gerry Sibon banging in free kicks for fun and Kristian Sarkies enjoying delicacies at Vanilla Lounge pre game circa 2010 😄 

1 hour ago, haz said:

Almost a full strength XI. We aren't fucking about. 

Screenshot_20230813_134602_Firefox Focus.jpg

Yeah let's play Hall as the Right back when he is naturally a CB and Talbot as the LB when he is naturally a RB.. working really well for Rado isn't it.. Young looks putrid. Nuno has picked up where he left off the Grand Final..

Arslan, Jakolis and Leckie have looked decent so far.

• Confused 1