Melbourne Football

THE FINAL! Wednesday 30 November 7:30pm

Dylan

6 minutes ago, Victards said:

Lol how many times have we had people saying we will get 15k to a game and then only have 7k rock up. I will believe it when i see it, all this speculation has meant nothing in the past, and i wouldnt be surprised if it meant nothing for tomorrow night.

To a league game. With members who don't turn up. This is a match where everyone buys a ticket. PAX data is valid.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Victards said:

Lol how many times have we had people saying we will get 15k to a game and then only have 7k rock up. I will believe it when i see it, all this speculation has meant nothing in the past, and i wouldnt be surprised if it meant nothing for tomorrow night.

You'd expect some people to cancel last minute, but it would occur much more often for normal A League games as most are already members who have paid there money as apposed to people who have gone out of there way to pay for this particular game.

58 minutes ago, [LIBBA] said:

Can someone explain what this is and where i can see the numbers??

The PAX number is also affected by tickets that are pre-reserved prior to sale: so sponsors, tickets given to the clubs to dish out, tickets being used for competitions, ones the FFA are holding onto, etc. During the regular season, that also includes all the member tickets, hence why it isn't usually an accurate guide to what the attendance will be. For a fully ticketed event, most of the unused tickets are likely to be unused child tickets from families and tickets given to sponsors

I know ppl talking about walking up to the stadium and getting tickets for the game. 20,000 would be a fantastic effort.

http://outside90.com/ffa-cup-final-attendance-record-to-be-broken/

FFA Cup Final attendance record to be broken

By
Chris Hearn

617922952.jpg

The FFA Cup attendance record is set to be smashed, with ticket sales skyrocketing in the last fortnight for Wednesday night’s clash at AAMI Park.

According to a source, 17,582 tickets were sold as of 9am this morning (November 29), which suggests the crowd figure could eclipse the 20,000 barrier. On November 17, Outside90 reported that the number of tickets sold through Ticketek stood at 12,817 at that point in time.

With Sydney FC and Melbourne City the form sides in A-League, the surge in ticket sales come as little surprise.

Sydney FC remain top despite the 0-0 draw against Adelaide United on Saturday night, with Melbourne City closing in after a 2-1 victory over Wellington Phoenix on Sunday.

The current attendance record stands at 16,124, as Adelaide United claimed the inaugural FFA Cup after defeating Perth Glory 1-0 at Coopers Stadium in 2014.