Melbourne Football

The forgotten round. City v Adelaide Friday 7:50pm

MHFC-FAN

6 hours ago, PlasticFan said:

i'm not going to spend 25 to sit behind the bloody goals lol.

the issue here is the price hike. for a club that still can't open up the top tiers, it's a bit rich hiking up prices when ther'e 60% of the seats empty :tooth:

Pfft. We don't want any plastic fans anyway.

Next.

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Jacques Le Cube said:

Both teams have a few out. Disappointed not to see Franjic in the squad, I hope its only managing his workload.

Adelaide's defence looks solid, especially centrally, much stronger than Victory. Kamau vs Gooch could be crucial.

Apart from garrucio they have kept their grand final back 6 together including Galekovic and Isiais. 

It's up front everything has changed 

18 minutes ago, mattyh001 said:

Reads like a 4-3-3 with Retre, Bratten and Killkenny in midfield. No massive creativity / flair if it is those three in midfield, although very industrious and decent passing range

Plenty of flair in the front three though.  Doubt any team in the league could put three together better than Kamau, Brandan and Fornaroli.

9 hours ago, bt50 said:

Haha agree its prob unlikely but its a chance youd have to think.

Okay. I stand corrected. I tried to buy Premium A (City Gold) tickets at the ground and get told it is sold out...

... It was hard not to sit there seething over the plethora of available green seats on the wings.

3rd game in 7 days but proud of how the boys played it out for most of the match. Fernando lucky to stay on the pitch sure he didn't connect badly with the tackle however a red card there can't be complained about. Two feet off the ground studs up lunging in is asking for trouble. Thought Chapman was quite solid at the back, Bruno was his usual best and good to see Kamau play a solid game

• Like 1

I've just seen the replay of the chance Adelaide blazed over the bar from point blank range near the end, wow they really should have a penalty on that same play, dodged a big bullet I think.

typical city tonight minus the heartbreaking ending which is a relief. Some great stuff in the attacking third from the usual suspects, comical defending in parts, clueless jvs coaching, of course momentum turned against us when we started over doing it with the back passes to bouzanis...seriously it's killing me.

Well I was expecting a draw due to the hacking that the team copped on Tuesday, so I am quite happy that we got the 3 points. The first half we dominated but after the 60 minute mark most of the team were dead on their legs. So I was expecting JVS to make changes but did he take forever to do so whilst Amor was refreshing his team. And then he takes of Kamau who did not play much last Tuesday and was having a solid game. And whilst I am at it, bring Sorensen back. And yes Brandan was very lucky not to have copped a red.

Not out best performance but a game we would have drawn or lost last season and lost every season before that. Proud of the team.

Positives:

Great team press in the first half

Kamau excellent but misses Colazo

4 at the back

We won

Melburnians - well done tonight

Negatives:

What on earth were we doing playing such a ferocious press for 45 minutes after a tough game 2 days ago. Understandably faded after 70 minutes

Kilnenny's poor acting

Brandan lucky to stay on the park after a 2 footed tackle, ref too frightened to send him off. He's the Chuck Norris of the A League

comical defending, Chapman not tracking his man allowed an easy goal.

Back passes put Bouzanis under needless pressure

Edited by belaguttman