Melbourne Football

RD 18 City travel again to face the FFA Jerks

Dylan

My favourite stat of the season so far:

City striker Bruno Fornaroli has scored more goals (14) than the entire Newcastle Jets squad combined (13).

http://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/article/preview-points-jets-vs-city/1v9g4xkkinedi1q696lzhseq7g

21 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

What's the likely lineup to be?

It's a very good question, especially with Hughes out for the foreseeable future, Wilkinson unavailable for this match and Caceres Suspended.

I'd actually like to see Trifiro given a start:

Sorsensen

Melling               Malik            Kisnorbo     

Franjic                        Retre               Trifiro                  Zullo

Mooy

Fornaroli            Novillo

Bench

Bouzanis

Clisby

Garuccio

Fitzgerald/Kuzmanovski/Dekker

Omitted

2 of Fitzgerald/Kuzmanovski/Dekker

Perhaps the most likely starting XI though is Malik, Kisnorbo and Clisby as the back 3, Melling and Retre in midfield and Trifiro on the bench. Either way we should have far too much for a Jet's side that has just lost Carney. This is a perfect opportunity for players to compete to try and earn Paartalu's vacated midfield position, as well as compete for the 3 central defender spots (which will have fierce competition when Wilko joins the team next week, and Chapman returns in a couple of weeks). A great chance for a number of individual players to stand up in this match.

Edited by Murfy1

I don't feel comfortable about this game due to our defensive stocks being so low. Kisnorbo lasted three minutes last week, an accidental knock may be enough. Malik has just joined, Melling is converting to that position. Then there is Franjic's dubious form.

Better hope that Novillo and Fornaroli go on a rampage.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, NewConvert said:

I don't feel comfortable about this game due to our defensive stocks being so low. Kisnorbo lasted three minutes last week, an accidental knock may be enough. Malik has just joined, Melling is converting to that position. Then there is Franjic's dubious form.

Better hope that Novillo and Fornaroli go on a rampage.

Regardless of any players out, etc if we cant beat Newcastle we may as well start planning for next season. We should walk this in

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KSK_47 said:

Regardless of any players out, etc if we cant beat Newcastle we may as well start planning for next season. We should walk this in

Agreed. I can see only one match remaining that's easier than this one (home to CCM), and plenty that are more difficult. I'd say defeat will say goodbye to the Premiership, and to JvS.

• Like 1

Crucial we bank the 3 points here when you consider the derby next week and a tough run home that features Adelaide twice and Sydney and Brisbane. Doubt it would be wise to play Kisnorbo, let him rest a week which means it's (again) a far from perfect defensive lineup, but let's be honest goals will win it and if Mooy/Novillo/Fornaroli are in the mood we should be too good. 4-2 win, then bring on the tards!

Fair enough forgot about the ACL matches for SFC and Victory (and Adelaide if they make it). In that case, give us the premiership on a plate now then please! :D Even so if want to finish top of the table can't afford slip ups against teams well outside the top 6, should be all business today, professional win and then move on to the tards