Melbourne Football

Round 1 | Sydney FC V Melbourne City | Allianz Stadium | 7:30PM Saturday 10th of October 2015

Jimmy

Sorenson has got us a point there, shows what a top top keeper can do

(I like tando but I don't think he would have saved all 3)

You see the quality. KNew exactly when to come out and clear and that save with the opposite hand from grants shot was text book. Oh and great distribution. I saw it in the warmup with Heidelberg but he can do a drop kick that goes knee height for half the field. Amazing to watch

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 2

Fair result to get a point against them up there, especially how many of our first team were out. Second half was very disappointing, turned the ball over far to easily and didn't look like we were really any threat at all going forward (the few times we did).

Thought Sorensen was very good, and Fornaroli is going to be a good signing for this year if tonight is anything to go by. On the other hand, Erik was not very impressive at all and Clisby was not flash either.

You see the quality. New exactly when to come out and clear and that save with the opposite hand from grants shot was text book. Oh and great distribution. I saw it in the warmup with Heidelberg but he can do a drop kick that goes knee height for half the field. Amazing to watch

Which is exactly the opposite we got from Redders last year and now Popovic has to deal with it at WSW :lol:

I was pleased with that performance.

We were positive, always looking to play forward and happy to run at players. Good mentality from the team.

More tactical flexibility, 4-3-3 in attack, 4-4-2 in defence although pressing was a little disjointed. I liked our ability to change the pace of the game

Good performances from our youngsters although Retre not tight enough defensively.

Sorensen impressive

We had a strong bench with players that made a positive difference in the second half

Negatives:

Trifiro is no Mooy

Koren too quiet in the second half.

ref performance poor but what else would you expect from Ben Williams.

Overall:

A good performance from our B team

Edited by belaguttman
  • Like 1