Melbourne Football

Bruno Fornaroli - "El Tuna"

Murfy1

5 hours ago, M13 said:

I guess almost everyone are in favour now.. Not bad for an almost unknown player.

Some funny posts back there isn't there!

Dont know why people want to rate players they've never seen. Just makes you (deservedly) look like a goose. You might be right every now and then but it will be just dumb luck.

Anyway this guy is pure class. I still can't get my head around why his record before us didn't have more goals. He is a defenders nightmare.

Am stoked that our club league goal scoring record holder is now worth the title.

9 minutes ago, haz said:

I'm excited to see what the CFG scouts will give us next season since we will be expecting 3 Visa players, and one of those being a marquee.

True. I guess there in plus with 3 out of 5 so far. The Marquee I think will be very interesting. 

18 minutes ago, haz said:

I'm excited to see what the CFG scouts will give us next season since we will be expecting 3 Visa players, and one of those being a marquee.

As long as they abandon the 'he plays [on the bench] in the Premier League' so he must be good theory.

15 minutes ago, R410 said:

Am I correct in saying he is now the Clubs top goal scorer ever? in under a season? 

(Think Williams on 21 was previous)

Yes that's right for league goals. Across all competitions I'm not sure, he might have just passed Mooy with those 2.

3 hours ago, Shahanga said:

Some funny posts back there isn't there!

Dont know why people want to rate players they've never seen. Just makes you (deservedly) look like a goose. You might be right every now and then but it will be just dumb luck.

Anyway this guy is pure class. I still can't get my head around why his record before us didn't have more goals. He is a defenders nightmare.

Am stoked that our club league goal scoring record holder is now worth the title.

Speak for yourself, I always knew Bruno would be quality. Though even I couldn't see that he'd shatter the goal scoring records and be this good.

He is the best player in the league (sorry Mooy). 

59 minutes ago, Kinnibari said:

Not sure. Glad security didn't hassle them over the FFA's flag policy though.

They don't actually give a fuck about non-controversial flags like the Uruguayan flag. 

1 hour ago, Tesla said:

Speak for yourself, I always knew Bruno would be quality. Though even I couldn't see that he'd shatter the goal scoring records and be this good.

He is the best player in the league (sorry Mooy). 

They don't actually give a fuck about non-controversial flags like the Uruguayan flag. 

You need to get a game some time soon as an Amsterdam Flag for the 14th minute was told it had to go down... hardly a political flag.

3 minutes ago, cadete said:

You need to get a game some time soon as an Amsterdam Flag for the 14th minute was told it had to go down... hardly a political flag.

Well that's not fair. How come Victory are allowed to bring in the rainbow flag and we can't even bring in an Amsterdam flag?

1 hour ago, Shahanga said:

Yes that's right for league goals. Across all competitions I'm not sure, he might have just passed Mooy with those 2.

According to Wikipedia Aaron Mooy has 24 goals for us in League and Cup competitions. According to me Bruno has 25.

According to Wikipedia, David Williams scored 21 goals for us.

So Bruno is our leading goal-scorer of all time - and in less than one season.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, cadete said:

To be honest it looks like it might be somewhat political..

5 hours ago, jw1739 said:

According to Wikipedia Aaron Mooy has 24 goals for us in League and Cup competitions. According to me Bruno has 25.

According to Wikipedia, David Williams scored 21 goals for us.

So Bruno is our leading goal-scorer of all time - and in less than one season.

Do I get a green line?

1 minute ago, drewmelbcity said:

Serious question, and this is mostly directed at the club, where's the El tuna t-shirts? Build on the hype fans love this guy bring out something personalised that fans can wear, same goes with novillo and mooy!

ask on City-voice

1 hour ago, Torn Asunder said:

The question is, could it ever happen, i.e. would he be eligible after citizenship?

Citizenship isn't what's important, the FIFA rule is he needs to live here for 5 years, he'll be too old at the stage for much of an international career, assuming he even stays in the A-league that long. 

Fornaroli insists A-League move was well worth it

1 April 2016

Melbourne City striker Bruno Fornaroli says he won't consider his A-League future until the end of his record-breaking first campaign in Australia.

It's fair to say that Australian-Uruguayan relations have moved on since last decade.

The proud sporting nations duelled twice in two spiteful do-or-die World Cup qualifiers that left a mark.

But Fornaroli's emergence to become the greatest scorer in a single campaign in A-League history has written a new chapter in football relations.

The striker wants others to follow in his footsteps.

"When I come here, for me, I take a big risk," he said.

"I don't know the league. I don't come here for money. I take the risk. I say, I want this.

"Too many players say no.

"But they think it's a good league ... a good country. For the family it's perfect."

Fornaroli has scored 22 goals in his outings for Melbourne City to date, firing them to the top of the table.

He believes there are plenty of South Americans that could do something similar if clubs took the risk in recruiting them.

"(A-League clubs) need to put more confidence in Uruguay and Argentina," he said.

"South America has very good players and not only Uruguay, Argentina, Brazil."

The next step is getting the record-setting goalscorer to commit long-term to City.

Fornaroli has another season on a deal with City but his performances have clearly merited an improved deal, or an overseas move.

The 28-year-old said he wasn't thinking about his future until the end of the campaign.

"I'm very happy here. Not only me, my family is very happy," he said.

"I can't think what happens when we finish the season. I need focus in these two games."

City take on Perth Glory on Sunday before finishing the regular season at home to Adelaide United.

http://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/article/2016/04/01/fornaroli-insists-league-move-was-well-worth-it

On 7/7/2015 at 8:03 PM, Murfy1 said:

Back on topic

It seems that Bruno Fornaroli was the captain at the Uruguayan club he's coming from:

Also he was apart of Danubio when they won the Uruguayan Primera Division (Uruguay's top competition) in 2013-14 (joined half-way through the season):

Add those points alongside his good age (only mid-20s) and the quality clubs he's played for, and he looks like he could be a real handy signing. And who's to say he can't be one of the A-League's very best strikers next season

Pretty happy with post from July last year. Just wish I dropped the words "one of" and the "s" on strikers.

The video above showcased all of Bruno's quality attributes: his strength and ability to hold onto possession, his calmness in front of goal, his ability to score with both his feet and his head, his quality linkup play, his athleticism and technique and eye for goal. It goes to show that CFG do their homework, and I expect Fornaroli to be a prime example of the improvement in recruiting that this club can come to expect with CFG's backing.

I look forward to Fornaroli being elevated to marquee status shortly after the season is finished (which surely isn't in doubt now), setting Fornaroli up as a club hero for seasons to come.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Cityslicker09 said:

Throw as much money at him as you want. This guy is the one to build a team around.

Nah too old... We need to get this club back on the right path and follow JVS's vision completely and hence we should base the team completely around Marino next season as he has scored a couple of Junk Time goals in two seasons.

Also anyone know of some substandard Wingers running around in the NYL that we cant turn into as ordinary Full Backs? 

#Yoof

#WalkeristsForever

#KeepTheRedAndWhiteBecauseOtherwiseIWontSupportTheTeamEverAgainExceptForAttendingMostMatchesStill

Edited by cadete
  • Like 1

• jw1739 locked this topic