Melbourne Football

City Football Group (CFG) [Owner of Melbourne City]

Torn Asunder

11 hours ago, Jovan said:

Flags you wave when the benchwarmers are doing their warm ups.

Oh he means TIFOs.

12 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Funny how you've paid out on the group's leaders without knowing the simplest of things about active support 

Nothing to know. I will just enjoy the game of football and support my team. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy how the actives entertain, but just don't want to sit in the area, is there a problem with that?

7 minutes ago, thisphantomfortress said:

In his defence I was a bit of a dick to him and his attitude changed pretty drastically after Adelaide away

My attitude is the same, as I think out of fairness to other supporter the actives should allocate their active area before ticket go on sale so people with families can organise their seating appropriately. Not much to ask really and it's a win win for everyone. Problem was, as I got my tickets early for Adelaide and voiced my concerns, and it became a shit storm. Anyway hope the active leaders consider this as it would be nice and maybe encourage more supporters and their families to away games without the fear of their 7 year old kid getting hit in the head with a water bottle, plastic cups full of beer, and listening to trash language for the whole game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, playmaker said:

My attitude is the same, as I think out of fairness to other supporter the actives should allocate their active area before ticket go on sale so people with families can organise their seating appropriately. Not much to ask really and it's a win win for everyone. Problem was, as I got my tickets early for Adelaide and voiced my concerns, and it became a shit storm. Anyway hope the active leaders consider this as it would be nice and maybe encourage more supporters and their families to away games without the fear of their 7 year old kid getting hit in the head with a water bottle, plastic cups full of beer, and listening to trash language for the whole game.

Now that's a QUALITY POST :up: 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, Tesla said:

Care to elaborate jw?

I go to http://pericles.ipaustralia.gov.au/atmoss/falcon.application_start and "Enter as a Guest."

This takes me to the "Basic Search" page, where I enter "Melbourne" and City" into the top two search fields as "part words."

In the search results you'll see that Items 15-24 relate to Melbourne City FC.

If you look at Item 24 in detail as an example, it is an application for our badge to be used as a trademark. If you scroll down you will see two hyperlinks for "History" and Opposition." In "History" you'll see the history of the application and that correspondence in opposition to the trademark was received in September 2016 and if you click on "Opposition" you will see that a formal hearing of the case has been requested.

The other items are either "Deferred" or "Opposed."

I don't profess to understand every single jot and tittle of it all, but it does appear that our use of the name "Melbourne City" continues to meet legal opposition

Edited by jw1739
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I go to http://pericles.ipaustralia.gov.au/atmoss/falcon.application_start and "Enter as a Guest."

This takes me to the "Basic Search" page, where I enter "Melbourne" and City" into the top two search fields as "part words."

If you look at Item 24 in detail as an example, it is an application for our badge to be used as a trademark. If you scroll down you will see two hyperlinks for "History" and Opposition." In "History" you'll see the history of the application and that correspondence in opposition to the trademark was received in September 2016 and if you click on "Opposition" you will see that a formal hearing of the case has been requested.

I don't profess to understand every single jot and tittle of it all, but it does appear that our use of the name "Melbourne City" continues to meet legal opposition

Interesting that there seems to have been an alternate badge design they tried to trademark.

5 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Interesting that there seems to have been an alternate badge design they tried to trademark.

I think that's the "other Melbourne City's" badge and they're trying to trademark that and hence the name of their club that way.

See https://www.facebook.com/Melbourne-City-Football-Club-355862536403/

Edited by jw1739

10 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I think that's the "other Melbourne City's" badge and they're trying to trademark that and hence the name of their club that way.

See https://www.facebook.com/Melbourne-City-Football-Club-355862536403/

Makes sense, was wondering why we would have tried to trademark such a badly designed badge.

2 hours ago, jw1739 said:

*looks through details and opposition* Some of the applications where made by the Melbourne Hart holding company (MHFC Holdings Pty Ltd) and where objected to by "Melbourne City Football Club Inc" (who also lodged there own application); one of the applications by Melbourne City Football Club Inc (the alt logo) was objected to by "City Football Group Limited", but the rest where unopposed; and the ones pending hearings where all made by MHFC Holdings Pty Ltd

On further reading, the "alt" logo is the logo used by a state league 4 team that is also called Melbourne City, and they are objecting to the trade-marking because they've been Melbourne City for longer.....

Edited by ecguymer

3 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

If my law degree taught me anything the little guy never wins. Next!

If The Castle has taught me anything its that the little guy will always meet a big guy while punching a durry and the big guy is really nice and will fix all your problems free of charge. And the trunk will be up

• Like 1

Two things about this situation. First how long it's taking to resolve - can't be too much of a high-pressure job in the trade-mark department - and second what will CFG do if Melbourne City (Spotswood) gets the nod and we can't call ourselves "Melbourne City Football Club"?

4 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Two things about this situation. First how long it's taking to resolve - can't be too much of a high-pressure job in the trade-mark department - and second what will CFG do if Melbourne City (Spotswood) gets the nod and we can't call ourselves "Melbourne City Football Club"?

Pay them off.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Kiro Kompiro said:

Lampard has left NYC.

http://www.beinsports.com/au/football/news/lampards-new-york-city-spell-in-numbers/371178

Could we get him?  Do we want to?

So many good MLS stats for a 38 year old

Personally I hope he goes to one of the other A League clubs (except Victory) under the Guest marquee rule so we're no longer the only ones using it and looking suss...

• Like 1

Very interesting article. In fact we come only third in terms of "Total Player Payments."

FFA Cup final between Melbourne City and Sydney FC will be a clash of the A-League big spenders

index&t_product=DailyTelegraph&td_device=desktop
Tom Smithies, The Daily Telegraph
November 28, 2016 8:10pm
index&t_product=DailyTelegraph&td_device=desktop

IT’S arguably the most expensive cup final in the history of Australian football — a showdown where the combatants are worth some $14.5m.

Wednesday night’s FFA Cup final pits the biggest spenders in the A-League against each other, a playoff where money has talked in terms of the teams who got to the final.

Between them, Melbourne City and Sydney FC will pay out close to $15m this season in wages, showing how the millions spent on marquees and guest players — plus hundreds of thousands of dollars that can be spent on salary cap “exemptions” — twist the concept of a league with a salary cap.

The Daily Telegraph understands that as of the end of the first transfer window this season, when the figures are collated and audited, Sydney FC were the highest spenders on what are termed Total Player Payments — the salary cap and its exemptions.

5ec837bc76b2ffdfd7a793314670e84e?width=650Sydney FC marquee players Filip Holosko and Bobo both earn just over $1 million. Picture: Gregg Porteous

That figure excludes marquee and guest players, but includes relocation expenses, homegrown player allowances, youth team allowances and so on.

City were third for TPP, behind Brisbane Roar, but far outspend all the other clubs on marquees and guest players — to an eye-watering total of $5.9m, made up of Tim Cahill ($4m), Bruno Fornaroli ($1.4m), and Nicolas Colazo ($500,000).

Sydney’s marquees, Bobo and Filip Holosko, both earn a fraction over $1m a piece — which makes them the second-highest spending club for marquee players.

Though the full Salary cap is up to $2.6m this season, it’s believed Sydney have left some in reserve as they did in previous seasons, to allow for the chance to bolster their squad as required in the January transfer window.

Adding to the financial arm-wrestle is the knowledge that the City Group, who have poured millions into Australian football since taking over the then Melbourne Heart in 2014, initially approached the owners of Sydney FC to discuss a takeover of the Sky Blues.

a7cfa09b4fac4f355e8ed464e07580f5?width=650Melbourne City has spent $5.9 million on marquees and guest players, which include Bruno Fornaroli and Tim Cahill. Picture: George Salpigtidis

That was rejected by the Russian billionaire, David Traktovenko, who has been a shareholder since Sydney FC was formed and became the majority owner in 2012.

Since then the two clubs have locked horns over their identities, with Sydney protesting vociferously over the City Group’s plans to change the Heart strip to sky blue, as well as the name to City.

FFA initially sided with Sydney and blocked the move but earlier this year reversed that decision, and City are expected to adopt a “City blue” strip next season.

But confirming the firepower City will bring to the final tomorrow night, Cahill and Fornaroli are both on the shortlist for the players’ union (PFA) player of the year award.

The eventual winner is voted on by all of the PFA’s members from a list also including Aaron Mooy, Jamie Maclaren, Diego Castro, Tom Rogic, Mark Milligan, Mat Ryan, Matthieu Delpierre and Mathew Leckie.

Meanwhile, Peter Green has been appointed to referee’s Wednesday night’s final.

• Like 2

Anyone else getting the City Voice surveys regarding our actual style of play.  Surveys are interesting in that they are asking if we liked the way the team attacked, pressed, played beautiful football and which specific players were best at implementing a style ... case building in terms of coaching department review me's thinks ....

1 hour ago, Torn Asunder said:

Anyone else getting the City Voice surveys regarding our actual style of play.  Surveys are interesting in that they are asking if we liked the way the team attacked, pressed, played beautiful football and which specific players were best at implementing a style ... case building in terms of coaching department review me's thinks ....

Only thing i care about in City Voice is changing our fucking shit goal song. Fuck

• Like 1