Melbourne Football

City Football Group (CFG) [Owner of Melbourne City]

Torn Asunder

24 minutes ago, rass said:

It is interesting though isn't it... have to ask what real chance does the average follower have of being chosen for these prizes... is it an actual competition or more a reward for how many times you tweet your love about Man City?

If that's the case, most of us will never get the 'opportunity'...

Pretty sure its no coincidence i never win the signed shirt for filling in the survey and giving my feedback lol

• Like 1

Melbourne City to get $1 million over two seasons from this sponsorship deal.

Another sponsor, another revenue source. Hopefully the money-men are happy, and this deal can help bankroll a successful 2016-17 season for Melbourne City. Less than a month till our first competitive game, so I hope to see football increasingly become the focus for the club.

5 minutes ago, Murfy1 said:

Melbourne City to get $1 million over two seasons from this sponsorship deal.

Another sponsor, another revenue source. Hopefully the money-men are happy, and this deal can help bankroll a successful 2016-17 season for Melbourne City. Less than a month till our first competitive game, so I hope to see football increasingly become the focus for the club.

Hopefully they spend it on advertising. Those screens right in front of the platforms at Melbourne Central wouldn't be a bad place to start.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, belaguttman said:

They may have won a trip to San Siro but San Siro doesn't have our sausages!

You hardly can get a glass of water at San Siro.. beneath the famous exteriors it´s very much just a bowl of concrete -_-

45 minutes ago, InMyHeart said:

Can confirm the board went to JVS after last season and demanded answers for another failed season.
And JVS to save his own job shifted blame to his assistant coaches...
JVS is a disgrace

😒

2 hours ago, InMyHeart said:

Can confirm the board went to JVS after last season and demanded answers for another failed season.
JVS is a disgrace

If that's true, not sure what's worse - JVS blaming his assistants or the board accepting that as a legitimate excuse.

• Like 1

Can I get on the CFG payroll for running this forum?

On a completely unrelated matter, the Sack JVS thread is being deleted, as will any other negative comments relating to the club and it's staff, and the offenders will be banned.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, Tesla said:

Can I get on the CFG payroll for running this forum?

On a completely unrelated matter, the Sack JVS thread is being deleted, as will any other negative comments relating to the club and it's staff, and the offenders will be banned.

Have a great trip to next years CL final, post plenty of photos when your over there. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, InMyHeart said:

JVS is a disgrace

No ( well if true yeah), but ultimately isn't it the board that should take the heat for this?

They are the ones (supposedly*) that agreed that the buck should stop with the assistants.

* I had assumed this decision was made in Manchester.

Dear Nissan,

Thank you for your sponsorship.

I still think your cars are shit. Except for those fully sick Skylines with lights and crap on the underside that whizz along the Ring Road at a million miles an hour weaving in and out of lanes, usually driven by a spotty faced 27 year old Harvey Norman sales assistant who hasn't been laid since high school.

7 minutes ago, Cloughie said:

Dear Nissan,

Thank you for your sponsorship.

I still think your cars are shit. Except for those fully sick Skylines with lights and crap on the underside that whizz along the Ring Road at a million miles an hour weaving in and out of lanes, usually driven by a spotty faced 27 year old Harvey Norman sales assistant who hasn't been laid since high school.

@bt50 just cracked a big smile.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shahanga said:

No ( well if true yeah), but ultimately isn't it the board that should take the heat for this?

They are the ones (supposedly*) that agreed that the buck should stop with the assistants.

* I had assumed this decision was made in Manchester.

The Board is responsible because they knocked back JVS' list of assistants that would help him win:

Jose Mourinho

Pep

Bielsa

Conte

Klopp

4 hours ago, thisphantomfortress said:

That because you asked it wrong!

@MCFCDion please choose the most appropriate from below.

how do you feel JVS has performed as a coach;

unsatisfactory

somewhat unsatisfactory 

i don't know 

some what successfully

successfully

He'll probably answer 'somewhat successfully.' Problem is that's not what the people want.  

Anything short of saying JVS is a shit mediocre coach that underperfoms with shit tactics, no man management skills and wouldnt win the league without the best players in the world wont do. 

I'm happy to say that he was 'somewhat successful', after all we have finished 4th 2 seasons in a row. The problem is that we will never be more than 'somewhat successful' with him as head coach, we won't progress. The better the recruitment, the more he stands out as the weak link