Melbourne Football

Round 22: Sydney v. City, Friday 20 March 7.40 pm

jw1739

Back on the phone to my broker and the bank again today. Once again share portfolio liquidated and mortgage redrawn. All on Sydney FC to win and Janko to score.

Better start packing your stuff. Don't want to be home when Lenny the Loan Shark comes round to collect.

That half was shit to watch but it went to plan.

• Like 1

Rubbish football by Melbourne City. Since the take over, this for me is our lowest point from a football point of view.

No style, and we look inferior to Sydney FC..

Our players have been shown up, Kisnorbo is struggling, and Paarteluu no longer wants to play for JVS..

Where is the passion, the hunger to win... ??? Have we ever had it???

zNZJANQ.png

Dylan, sucked in by the shit hanging on the easy target of the moment, Koren.

No chance with tonight's gameplan he will dominate. On either side he has duga and brown... Both useless.

Behind he has Mooy who is asleep tonight, rusty Germano and the invisible man Paartalu (seriously, where is this guy). Add a ref who is just laughable, we're doing well to be 0-0.

To this point, he has been as good as you can expect tonight.

JVS is definitely more vocal on the sideline... Maybe he's been finally notified what his job is?

Fixed.

"If you look annoyed people think you are busy"

Straight out of the COstanza textbook

Well, other than taking tips from George, I have no idea how he still has a job. Before they started the game they showed the top HAL coaches win % and even Farina had a significantly higher win rate than him. 

Worth noting this team is missing half of it's preferred starting XI--Novillo, Kennedy, Melling, Chapman, Safuwan (and Williams)--and it looks too much like it.

However Sydney FC (the much hyped side) has been kept scoreless for one half at home. Also I don't think Sydney had a real chance except for the early Janko toe-poke on the 10th minute. Meanwhile Melbourne City looked decent up until that moment, but after the Janko shot the team looked a bit nervy and dropped a bit too deep for much the remainder of the half.

Beath whacked Jaliens and Retre each with very soft yellow cards IMO, which was disappointing to see. Didn't think there was much in the Retre challenge and Ibini went down softly, and Jaliens cleanly won the ball off Ibini and Beath pathetically dished out a yellow. However, there was a moment where Kisnorbo tackled Janko in the box (which I think would have been poor to give a pen for, as the ball was well gone), but thankfully Beath didn't give a decision against us there (otherwise I should say I thought Kisnorbo was pretty solid defensively, cleaning up a lot of stuff in the final third. His distribution with the ball has been unimpressive though).

A few moments in attack. Germano had a few good forays forward--love to see his hunger. Also Koren showed one of his all too brief moments of class with a nice snap-shot that hit the crossbar.

But all up with half a preferred XI out, keeping things level would do today. Would be nice to see a bit more in attack though.

• Like 2