Melbourne Football

Round 17: City v. Phoenix, Lower Hutt., 14 Feb, KO 3.00 p.m. AEST

jw1739

Whatever we might think about Newcastle and Tinkler, at least there's a club that's had the balls to say "enough is enough" to a number of players.

I'm not necessarily suggesting that we should behave in the same way, but Germano should have been told "enough is enough" months ago.

Edited by jw1739

Well reading that the players at the Jets are still in dispute and now the revelations that WSW regarding their players, I don't feel its the right way to approach this. The poisoned atmosphere will do little to improve those clubs. And we don't know what kind of pressure that Germano has been put under so we can't really comment. The only relevant player in this was the way that Kalmar was shoved out the door and there is a forum where a number of posters have voiced their displeasure.

Where the fuck is germano? Is this cunt ever going to play more then 2 games in a row? Where the fuck can I sign up to play 3 games in 2 years and get payed thousands to do it?.

Germano's sister mentioned in a City facebook post last week that he's fit and keen to play for the seniors. I wouldn't take her appraisal of his fitness level vs club physios, but it begs the question if he might just be out of favour.

Edit:

Just read he's done his achilles. This fucking guy,

Edited by Jun

For most of the season he was placed on the injury list, however ever since the beginning of January he hasn't been placed on it. And according to some, he has been playing youth games, so it doesn't add up. It's more likely he is both out of favour and out injured.

Maybe he has called JVS a twat!! That is the only way I can think he is out of favour and Ramsay is still in favour lol

For most of the season he was placed on the injury list, however ever since the beginning of January he hasn't been placed on it. And according to some, he has been playing youth games, so it doesn't add up. It's more likely he is both out of favour and out injured.

Maybe he has called JVS a twat!! That is the only way I can think he is out of favour and Ramsay is still in favour lol

Perhaps, but it may be more to the point that he is a visa player taking up a spot and with JVS feeling the pinch of losing his job maybe he's trying to move him on.

Melbourne City FC squad: 1.Andrew REDMAYNE (GK), 4.Connor CHAPMAN, 6.Aaron MOOY, 7.Iain RAMSAY, 8.Massimo MURDOCCA, 10.Robert KOREN, 11.Damien DUFF, 15.David WILLIAMS, 16.Josh KENNEDY, 17.Jason HOFFMAN, 18.Paulo RETRE, 20.Tando VELAPHI (GK), 22.Jack CLISBY, 24.Patrick KISNORBO ©, 25.Jacob MELLING, 29.Safuwan BAHARUDIN, 40.Marko STEVANJA (GK)

***one to be omitted***

Ins: Tando VELAPHI (GK) :up:

Outs: Nil

Unavailable: 3.Robbie WIELAERT (ankle – 1-2 weeks), 14.James BROWN (knee – 1-2 weeks), 19.Ben GARUCCIO (ankle – 2-3 weeks), 23.Mate DUGANDZIC (knee – 1-2 weeks)

[No mention of Paartalu or Germano]

As we've said before, the squad is pretty much everyone left standing.

Injury list: Wielaert, Brown, Garuccio, Dugandzic, Paartalu, Germano, Mauk, Marino.

A shambles as it stands, but I don't take too much notice of these squads. It could all change by kick-off.

Nah mate, you can't compare the shambles to this. Shambles had a wining streak spanning through 3 divisions and only 2 losses and 3 draws throughout 4 divisions.

• Like 1

Article in the Sun today says that Germano is unavailable due to an Achilles injury.

Paartalu is still injured.

Also, JVS thinks that Velaphi might start but because he hasn't been training at a high level for a few weeks, Redmayne will probably get the nod.

Also, Kennedy will play a bigger role.

Edited by Harrison

Whatever we might think about Newcastle and Tinkler, at least there's a club that's had the balls to say "enough is enough" to a number of players.

I'm not necessarily suggesting that we should behave in the same way, but Germano should have been told "enough is enough" months ago.

Well, from what I saw from afar of Jaliens, he made Paddy K look like Tony Adams as a leader of men. And, from what I've read/heard, Carney was dismissed due to 'not meeting club requirements'. I don't think Germano falls into those sort of categories, but I'd love to be able to cut him loose and get a decent replacement, at this stage. Our players don't appear to be openly revolting against the club; they're just permanently injured and/or not up to it.

On your point about our injuries: the thing about the injury list is that it's really only one player that should be starting and 2-3 players that are good enough for the bench. Victory's unavailabilities last week seemed a fair bit worse, from where I'm sitting.

We've had 2 wins and 2 losses over the last four games. Based on JVS win percentage (in the 30%) that means that he is sitting at 50% win rate for the last 4 games, which means we have to lose or draw at best. But if look at JVS win percentage this season he is sitting at 33.33% which means there is a good probability that game game could end up being a loss, win or draw. So I'm picking the game will result in one of those three outcomes.

• Like 5

We've had 2 wins and 2 losses over the last four games. Based on JVS win percentage (in the 30%) that means that he is sitting at 50% win rate for the last 4 games, which means we have to lose or draw at best. But if look at JVS win percentage this season he is sitting at 33.33% which means there is a good probability that game game could end up being a loss, win or draw. So I'm picking the game will result in one of those three outcomes.

Mindblowing! I've just put money on us to lose, win and draw...I can't lose!!

Now I find out it is on BT Sports 2

Well have to set the alarm for 3:30am

They had better bloody play a lot better than last time at Wellington!!

Your dedication to this team is admirable!

Lol at least I can switch off! Unlike you lads that go..especially the ones who are going to Wellington

In saying that I don't switch off and just suffer like the rest of you.

Just hope we can get a result today (for you) tomorrow (for me) 

So Brisbane beat the Mariners and go above us :o

Is it time to panic lads?

Based on the squad pre-season I predicted we would finish 7th. Perhaps that was the time to panic?

I've been disappointed in how we've gone but not shocked.

Well I predicted 6th so not far off you

We need to show some metal against Wellington or I could see the season unraveling. Brisbane look like they are beginning to pick up. 

We need to get a big win against one of the top four teams to give us confidence. Hoping that is against Wellington.

So Brisbane beat the Mariners and go above us :o

Is it time to panic lads?

Based on the squad pre-season I predicted we would finish 7th. Perhaps that was the time to panic?

I've been disappointed in how we've gone but not shocked.

Well I predicted 6th so not far off you

We need to show some metal against Wellington or I could see the season unraveling. Brisbane look like they are beginning to pick up. 

We need to get a big win against one of the top four teams to give us confidence. Hoping that is against Wellington.

'Mental toughness' and 'this team' don't go together in the same sentence unless separated by the word 'not'.

Now I find out it is on BT Sports 2

Well have to set the alarm for 3:30am

They had better bloody play a lot better than last time at Wellington!!

Your dedication to this team is admirable!

Lol at least I can switch off! Unlike you lads that go..especially the ones who are going to Wellington

In saying that I don't switch off and just suffer like the rest of you.

Welcome to our world. It's been like this from day one.

Just hope we can get a result today (for you) tomorrow (for me)

My pre-season prediction was "bottom four", not because of the squad in particular, but because I couldn't see that the paradigms at the club had changed at all. I still don't see that they have changed. I still read and am completely sick of the same old crap pre- and post-match from van 't Schip, Kisnorbo et al - we need to improve, taking positives, put last week's result behind us, focus on the matches ahead blah, blah, blah...but nothing actually changes.

IMO we'll do well to escape from Lower Hutt with a draw. We can at least take that into the next two matches at home.