Melbourne Football

The Ivan Franjic thread

kingofhearts

I would be surprised if Franjic's contract is in roubles. The usual way of is to stick to a known stable currency such as the $us or euro and then do the currency conversion. Certainly he would be able to go to the ATM and withdraw in roubles but the contract would be in another currency. This happened when I went from Oz to Japan, although both countries were/are stable (although when the GFC hit that was a crazy ride for about six months). If his contract is in roubles he was ill advised.

I would be surprised if Franjic's contract is in roubles. The usual way of is to stick to a known stable currency such as the $us or euro and then do the currency conversion. Certainly he would be able to go to the ATM and withdraw in roubles but the contract would be in another currency. This happened when I went from Oz to Japan, although both countries were/are stable (although when the GFC hit that was a crazy ride for about six months). If his contract is in roubles he was ill advised.

If Franjic's contract is in Euros or whatever, then it's costing Torpedo Moscow twice as much to purchase those from rubles as it did a few months ago. This may explain why they're happy to let him go one way or another.

According to reports in RT and Al Jazeera, as a member of the Supreme Petroleum Council, Sheik Mansour convinced the other members that the UAE should vote at the last OPEC meeting for no cuts in oil supply, to create the current glut of oil supply, drop the price to below US$50 a barrel, and collapse the Russian Rubel. Therefore allowing Melbourne City to sign Franjic for half the wages originally required and allowing him to fit under the salary cap.

Well played Sheik Mansour :clap: :clap: :clap:

Not sure if srs?

According to reports in RT and Al Jazeera, as a member of the Supreme Petroleum Council, Sheik Mansour convinced the other members that the UAE should vote at the last OPEC meeting for no cuts in oil supply, to create the current glut of oil supply, drop the price to below US$50 a barrel, and collapse the Russian Rubel. Therefore allowing Melbourne City to sign Franjic for half the wages originally required and allowing him to fit under the salary cap.

Well played Sheik Mansour :clap: :clap: :clap:

Not sure if srs? Not sure if your srs

Unfortunately Ivan Franjic's Russian club has scuppered any chance of a loan move:

February 01, 201

STARTING the Asian Cup final under an injury cloud, gutsy right-back Ivan Franjic conceded he didn’t expect to last 74 minutes on Saturday.

An emotional Franjic limped off as his groin gave way on him again, but he was confident of being fully fit within a fortnight for Russians Torpedo Moscow, after revealing that a Melbourne City loan deal had collapsed.

[...]

Franjic had a host of A-League clubs after him when he declared to the Herald Sun in January that he wanted to return on loan.

He was on the verge of joining City, despite offers from Brisbane Roar and Sydney FC.

Buoyed by his impressive Asian Cup, his Russian club is understood to have done a backflip after originally agreeing to release him on loan.

“I think I’m going back, they want me back,’’ he said.

“The Russian season doesn’t start for a month so I’ve got a bit of time to get fit.

“It’s a strain but probably be a bit worse, when you have an injury you compensate elsewhere, but I’ll be back up and running in a week or two.’’

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/football/asian-cup-2015-socceroo-ivan-franjic-injured-but-flying-high-after-final-triumph/story-fnqk652h-1227204100433?nk=ac53e33695e11aafbbecd8212ee694cb

Maybe it's actually the best outcome, given that he's probably at least 2 weeks away from playing due to injury, and with multiple groin injuries in the past week he might have been too risky a signing.

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 1