Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

Yeah FBK is an agent now. Just got off the phone from Ryan to renew our membership. Pretty much confirmed Sakhi as said one visa coming from France apparently PK recommended him. Also said they're after another Visa and two more non-Visas to round out the team

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, Le Hack said:

Yeah FBK is an agent now. Just got off the phone from Ryan to renew our membership. Pretty much confirmed Sakhi as said one visa coming from France apparently PK recommended him. Also said they're after another Visa and two more non-Visas to round out the team

Hmm interesting...who do you think the last visa will be? Defender CB? Or another forward? Also be curious as to who the last 2 Aussie spots will go to...

1 hour ago, Le Hack said:

That has the potential to be a bloody strong squad...

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Le Hack said:

Forgive my ignorance, but who is FBK?

1 hour ago, MHFC-FAN said:

It certainly isn't looking too bad at all! Who do you think the last visa signing is going to be? Hopefully Good doesn't leave, but if he does go they will have to replace him with a visa CB...

That would be my guess. We weren't at our strongest in that position last year, compared to the rest of the squad.

34 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

That would be my guess. We weren't at our strongest in that position last year, compared to the rest of the squad.

There isn't really anywhere else we would be able to make full use of a visa. So it's either Good stays and we get a visa depth CB or maybe depth visa winger...what about the last 2 Aussie spots? What positions would we go for?

14 hours ago, Mr MO said:

So we have 4 player positions out of the cap;

Who do you think this season will be in the 2x marquee and 2x designated spots?

I reckon marquees are Maclaren & Leckie

Designated player slots I would say Arslan and likely Hamza Sakhi if he signs

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Le Hack said:

Very interesting, I would be using that visa slot on a centre back, apart from that not sure what Aussie players Rado & Petrillo are still eyeing

1 hour ago, Zanty said:

Very interesting, I would be using that visa slot on a centre back, apart from that not sure what Aussie players Rado & Petrillo are still eyeing

We have Curtis Good, Nuno Reis, Sammy Souprayen and Jordan Hall.  Arslan is the third visa, and assuming Sakhi is coming then would you use a visa slot on another defender?

I still think that we need more up front in tandem with JMac.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

We have Curtis Good, Nuno Reis, Sammy Souprayen and Jordan Hall.  Arslan is the third visa, and assuming Sakhi is coming then would you use a visa slot on another defender?

I still think that we need more up front in tandem with JMac.

I don't see us bringing in another forward tbh.

Souprayen will likely only play as a left back or a left sided centre back and I personally don't think Nuno is a starter anymore. If you look at the profile of player we have brought in no one can be said to be a direct Lam replacement

Have a feeling this guy is going to be good. There's going to be a lot of pressure on players to hold their places in our starting line-up.

Overall IMO our signings so far have been better than recent seasons. However I have a question mark alongside Jamie Young - I wasn't impressed with him down at Oakleigh.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Zanty said:

Anyone heard anything about Galloway leaving? Hasn't been in the matchday squad for either of the Australia Cup games, Injured or is Rado not a fan?

Yes. He was far from pleased we signed Aziz. Now he wants out as he wants to be a starter and is sick of being a bench player. He is looking for options elsewhere and there's about 3 or so A-League clubs that I believe he is currently negotiating with...

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Yes. He was far from pleased we signed Aziz. Now he wants out as he wants to be a starter and is sick of being a bench player. He is looking for options elsewhere and there's about 3 or so A-League clubs that I believe he is currently negotiating with...

Not surprising, and I don't blame him one little bit. He's been overlooked for a long time now and I could never work out why in terms of his footballing ability.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jw1739 said:

Not surprising, and I don't blame him one little bit. He's been overlooked for a long time now and I could never work out why in terms of his footballing ability.

It's a shame we couldn't fit him in for a proper run of it. Been a bit unfortunate with who he has had to compete with at City...hopefully he finds a club where he can be a starter and get the game time he deserves!

6 hours ago, MHFC-FAN said:

It is a tough one cause he is good but whichever young full back we have had, the club would rather start them ahead of Galloway. If he is leaving then that probably means we will need a new RB then

9 hours ago, Zanty said:

It is a tough one cause he is good but whichever young full back we have had, the club would rather start them ahead of Galloway. If he is leaving then that probably means we will need a new RB then

Feel for him as the circumstances have been tricky at City. I don't think there would be many quality RBs still available now. We may have to promote from the NPL team at this stage...

5 hours ago, NewConvert said:

Does it feel like we have a rather weak defence with no depth?

Yes defence is definitely our Achilles heal at this moment. We have no visa's left so any improvement has to come from local players...

1 hour ago, MHFC-FAN said:

Feel for him as the circumstances have been tricky at City. I don't think there would be many quality RBs still available now. We may have to promote from the NPL team at this stage...

Yes defence is definitely our Achilles heal at this moment. We have no visa's left so any improvement has to come from local players...

By my count the Visa players are Souprayen, Reis, Arslan and Sakhi. That's only four?

Even if we lose Galloway, we have Good, Reis, Souprayen, Talbot, Behich and Hall in our defence. My biggest concern is the forward line - Leckie, JMac, Nabbout, Jakolis and a very young Caputo. 

I hope that that the purported two local signings (plus possibly a third if Scott G. leaves) are a defender and a forward, and I can't see that we can't sign another Visa player if we have the money to do so.