Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

6 minutes ago, Harrison said:

Davutovic is reporting that Connor Metcalfe and Dylan Pierias could be on the way out in January, having attracted interest from rival clubs. 

He also thinks we could be getting Jamie Maclaren but thinks it unlikely. 

It will be impossible for us to retain all our promising young players - there just isn't room for them under FFA/A-League rules. We need to bring in transfer fees - even low ones - to at least reap some reward for the players coming through our system. (And of course, other clubs should be able to do the same.)

8 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

It will be impossible for us to retain all our promising young players - there just isn't room for them under FFA/A-League rules. We need to bring in transfer fees - even low ones - to at least reap some reward for the players coming through our system. (And of course, other clubs should be able to do the same.)

I hope the independent league just abolishes the cap and the transfer ban so we can operate as a proper professional competition. 

What will happen is we will terminate the contracts of those young players and allow them to walk for free. Fornaroli is an interesting case though. If we won’t let him walk to an A league club in January, we could sell him at a cut price to an overseas club. His contract is up in May so we might as well get something for him. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, Harrison said:

I hope the independent league just abolishes the cap and the transfer ban so we can operate as a proper professional competition. 

What will happen is we will terminate the contracts of those young players and allow them to walk for free. Fornaroli is an interesting case though. If we won’t let him walk to an A league club in January, we could sell him at a cut price to an overseas club. His contract is up in May so we might as well get something for him. 

IMO transfer fees should come in at the end of the current season. The minimum fee between A-League clubs should be the balance of what is on the player's existing contract. At least then the player's existing club would get some compensation for the loss of the player.

Again, we could loan Bruno to an overseas club for the balance of his contract.

Edited by jw1739

2 hours ago, Harrison said:

Davutovic is reporting that Connor Metcalfe and Dylan Pierias could be on the way out in January, having attracted interest from rival clubs. 

He also thinks we could be getting Jamie Maclaren but thinks it unlikely. 

where has this been reported? why would they get rid of these players when they are showing glimpses of high quality before they have increased in value?

12 minutes ago, citymad said:

where has this been reported? why would they get rid of these players when they are showing glimpses of high quality before they have increased in value?

It was here:
image.png.704359ecac2f452f602e31ef7467a46b.png

image.png.a224e3e8132fcf393201a72648e1b6fd.png

but the article seems to be inaccessible, or to have been withdrawn.

The real issue is every season we go through this. We are never going to go close to winning the championship if every f'ing window we change the squad around. Joyce has had two pre seasons and one full season to sort it out.

I think the last three seasons there has been consensus that we have a championship winning squad. Particularly for this season. But thats turned to yet another shit show

Edited by Dylan
  • Like 4

8 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

I'm still not sure that Bruno is going to leave.

https://www.a-league.com.au/news/melbourne-city-have-moved-fornaroli-brattan

Only my opinion but i think Brattan and others are kissing Joyce's ass. Our two goals were mistakes by adelaides backline and this has occurred in other matches as well. When we versed good teams like Sydney, Perth and even Brisbane who aren't that good we lost because our attack line has done nothing. You cant expect to always score Seedorf type goals for the whole season.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

Only my opinion but i think Brattan and others are kissing Joyce's ass. Our two goals were mistakes by adelaides backline and this has occurred in other matches as well. When we versed good teams like Sydney, Perth and even Brisbane who aren't that good we lost because our attack line has done nothing. You cant expect to always score Seedorf type goals for the whole season.

I am reminded of a sign in the office of a one-time colleague of mine:

"Be aware that the toes you tread on today are connected to the foot that is connected to the leg that is connected to the arse that you may have to kiss tomorrow."

This is the weakest squad in the last few seasons.  However, it should be kept together to achieve the best possible results through the season.  Nothing really happens in January transfer window.  In that case it's not the club, stories and dreams are generated by forum members. Probably as they are disappointed with the current (missing ) visa players.

If there are glimpses of a high quality among fringe youth players then they would be already irreplaceable first team players. New Arzani? Unless you count players similar to Da Silva and Italiano standards, as high quality. 

2 hours ago, xXCiTyZeNXx said:

I didn’t mind this interview with Brattan. He seems fairly self assured and composed in front of the camera. However, he is hardly going to say anything that is at odds with Joyce, is he? Like others, he needs to earn a living and hold his tongue.

What I did like was his comment that the fans are the club. Of course this doesn’t appear register with the suits at La Trobe.

What I got out of the interview is that Bruno may well and truly be gone but the lads have moved on. They have to. It’s Wazza’s call and he’ll be judged by his decisions.

https://www.melbournecityfc.com.au/video/luke-brattan-looks-ahead-melbourne-derby-28

Edited by HEARTinator
  • Like 1

And a comment from Delbridge about the Bruno situation. Kind of mirroring what Brattan said.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/a-league-metrics-might-lag-mls-but-not-in-quality-says-delbridge-20181219-p50n5i.html

“As players we don't have time to stop and stress about things. Everybody at the club gets along with Bruno and likes him, but we have to concentrate on our own jobs and I think as a team we have managed to respond well to what could have been a stressful situation.”

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HEARTinator said:

And a comment from Delbridge about the Bruno situation. Kind of mirroring what Brattan said.

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/a-league-metrics-might-lag-mls-but-not-in-quality-says-delbridge-20181219-p50n5i.html

“As players we don't have time to stop and stress about things. Everybody at the club gets along with Bruno and likes him, but we have to concentrate on our own jobs and I think as a team we have managed to respond well to what could have been a stressful situation.”

Basically a pot shot at Joyce. 

Interesting that 3 different players have all commented on the Bruno situation in last 24 hours, nothing was really said by anyone in past month. Either this means that the club has decided that's it he is gone and players have been briefed on what to say, or he could be back very soon and players have been briefed on what to say 

4 minutes ago, neio said:

Interesting that 3 different players have all commented on the Bruno situation in last 24 hours, nothing was really said by anyone in past month. Either this means that the club has decided that's it he is gone and players have been briefed on what to say, or he could be back very soon and players have been briefed on what to say 

Exactly, just well timed bullshit propaganda and lies. So predictable from CFG and their marketing machine. Fuck off you liars.

The truth is the senior players hate Joyce and can't wait to leave and think Bruno not playing is a farce. I feel sorry that the players have to do this to stay on the pitch and how it's just typical stand over tactics from Joyce and CFG.

This shit just makes me angrier.

5 hours ago, Dylan said:

The real issue is every season we go through this. We are never going to go close to winning the championship if every f'ing window we change the squad around. Joyce has had two pre seasons and one full season to sort it out.

I think the last three seasons there has been consensus that we have a championship winning squad. Particularly for this season. But thats turned to yet another shit show

My girlfriend get sick of constantly having to learn the new players names, and she comes to every home game with me <_<

• Like 1

Melbourne City's bold Besart Berisha bid

Besart Berisha Melbourne Victory
With Besart Berisha now bearing Australian citizenship, A-League sides were always going to come calling and Melbourne City appear to have done just that.

According to The Daily Telegraph, City inquired about bringing Berisha to the club and were 'politely but firmly rebuffed'.
Whether that rejection was from Berisha himself or his Japanese side Sanfrecce Hiroshima isn't clear, but what is clear from the failed move is that Bruno Fornaroli will all but certainly leave City in January.
Once again not named in Warren Joyce's side for the Melbourne derby, the striker will surely be cashed in on soon with City on the lookout for a replacement.
Victory fans perhaps relieved their former star won't be the man to fill Fornaroli's shoes and by these reports didn't contemplate a potential switch either

5 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

With Besart Berisha now bearing Australian citizenship, A-League sides were always going to come calling and Melbourne City appear to have done just that.

According to The Daily Telegraph, City inquired about bringing Berisha to the club and were 'politely but firmly rebuffed'.
Whether that rejection was from Berisha himself or his Japanese side Sanfrecce Hiroshima isn't clear, but what is clear from the failed move is that Bruno Fornaroli will all but certainly leave City in January.
Once again not named in Warren Joyce's side for the Melbourne derby, the striker will surely be cashed in on soon with City on the lookout for a replacement.
Victory fans perhaps relieved their former star won't be the man to fill Fornaroli's shoes and by these reports didn't contemplate a potential switch either

FFS surely not true. 

I've said it before and I'll repeat it - City is not an enticing destination for mature players, particularly under Joyce. They may not speak publicly, but players who have been frozen out have their friendships and networks, and the word gets around. Our turnover is just too high.

22 minutes ago, CityBoyz said:

Fuck off. It's City supporters that are relieved. 

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, n i k o said:

Fuck off. It's City supporters that are relieved. 

Anyway, can't the "32 worldwide scouts" actually come up with the next marquee for themselves? Do we have to tag along on the coat-tails of other A-League clubs?

FMD, if the Berisha story is even half-true, City Football Group just looks more incompetent by the day.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, citymad said:

whats going on here with the youth. especially leaving for the victards

The Joyce/Fornaroli stand-off is not something that can be isolated from the group dynamics. It's the same in any workplace the size of Bundoora. Not saying it's the direct reason, but these things have a cascade effect.

42 minutes ago, citymad said:

We have more youth than what we can play, we had 7 go to that under 20 tournament earlier in season, and they all can't fit into first team. Can't blame the kid if he has been given a good offer to go elsewhere and get more game time 

52 minutes ago, citymad said:

He’s of Greek background so it makes sense that he’s going to South Melbourne Hellas Victory

https://neoskosmos.com/en/122832/the-greek-australians-looking-to-light-up-the-2018-19-a-league-and-w-league-seasons/

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

yes i guess it is a problem with so many strong youth contenders. Why can't city loan out these players to O/S clubs in the CFG collection or even A league clubs rather than lose them completely. I thought the CFG strength was in the ability to achieve these types of arrangements to maximise the development of the players. How many more will leave i wonder. 

33 minutes ago, citymad said:

yes i guess it is a problem with so many strong youth contenders. Why can't city loan out these players to O/S clubs in the CFG collection or even A league clubs rather than lose them completely. I thought the CFG strength was in the ability to achieve these types of arrangements to maximise the development of the players. How many more will leave i wonder. 

Many other clubs will be in the same situation that City is. Too many pegs for the available holes.

• jw1739 pinned this topic