Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

12 hours ago, jw1739 said:

There was media speculation that we were talking with a number of players during the off-season - and previously - but in the end these players signed elsewhere.

CFG might be attractive to young players, because they can see a pathway to elsewhere if they're good enough. However, I'm not convinced that we're an attractive proposition to more mature players. Not convinced at all. We're not a successful club on the field,  and some of our more highly publicised departures don't exactly reflect well on our player management.

Interesting post

8 hours ago, haz said:

@Inchcolm without bias, who was better in the SPL..... Boyle or MOH?

If give an opinion it would certainly be construed as bias. O'Halloran won SPFL "player of the month" on a number of occasions, the last time at St Johnstone was Sept 2017, he scored 4 in 4 games with a couple of assists. I don't think Boyle has won it. but if Joyce plays MOH on the right wing you will soon be able to make your own mind up.

15 hours ago, Inchcolm said:

If give an opinion it would certainly be construed as bias. O'Halloran won SPFL "player of the month" on a number of occasions, the last time at St Johnstone was Sept 2017, he scored 4 in 4 games with a couple of assists. I don't think Boyle has won it. but if Joyce plays MOH on the right wing you will soon be able to make your own mind up.

The team surely needs a pacy winger to come in. We're lacking pace to get behind opposition defences. 

42 minutes ago, fensaddler said:

Wales certainly did this pretty well against Wellington. 

He certainly did, but for raw speed, O'Halloran has the x factor that can swing a game in a blink. That cameo in the ffa cup loss to WSW showed how dangerous he is.

I just hope the hamstring injury doesn't fuk with his head when there's an opportunity to explode.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, fensaddler said:

The team surely needs a pacy winger to come in. We're lacking pace to get behind opposition defences. 

Najjarine

9 hours ago, rass said:

I just hope the hamstring injury doesn't fuk with his head when there's an opportunity to explode.

He's Scottish, he'll be right

Edited by haz

50 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Going to Yokohama it seems.

Passed over again, which I dont really care if they put in new managers at the club and let them make their own decisions and have more control over the club

It's more or less the same issue in every thread it seems. City Football Group don't look favourably on Melbourne City. Then why not do as you suggest...?

Just now, haz said:

Joyce will sign another one of his youth mates as our next marquee. Not saying this is good or bad though.

Joyce probably wont be here to sign another marquee.

When a manager starts picking fights with players in the playing group. It only ends one way. Doesnt matter how much of a freind to Marwood he is

2 minutes ago, Dylan said:

Joyce probably wont be here to sign another marquee.

When a manager starts picking fights with players in the playing group. It only ends one way. Doesnt matter how much of a freind to Marwood he is

Nothing has changed in the last season and a bit unfortunately. Honestly I'm still thinking CFG are saving money by not dropping him until his contact expires

3 minutes ago, Tomi said:
Covert Agent @TheCovertAgent
FollowFollow @TheCovertAgent
More

An A-League star has received a lucrative European offer and his club could be tempted to cash in come January. Stay tuned to @GoalAustralia for more details.

5:03 PM - 26 Nov 2018

Thoughts???

Look. Players comes and go all the times at clubs around the world. It's a part of football you have to accept. I would have no problem if Bruno left to go overseas (would be fuming if it was another HAL club) and we got a few $Mil from it.

But defines it is how the player leaves. The way it seems Joyce is acting has been anything but good. Then again.... Maybe Bruno is the one going on "strike"

10 minutes ago, haz said:

Look. Players comes and go all the times at clubs around the world. It's a part of football you have to accept. I would have no problem if Bruno left to go overseas (would be fuming if it was another HAL club) and we got a few $Mil from it.

But defines it is how the player leaves. The way it seems Joyce is acting has been anything but good. Then again.... Maybe Bruno is the one going on "strike"

If a player has received an offer, he wants to take it, and his existing club is happy with the fee offered, then isn't it normal for him not to play for his existing club until it's finalised? Risk of injury and all that.

• jw1739 pinned this topic