Melbourne Football

Transfer Talk, Rumours and Speculation

jw1739

1 hour ago, GreenSeater said:

One eye on Europe? Don't get me wrong, I love Melling, but he's barely A League standard let alone European standard...

One eye on Cheap flights to the Octoberfest? 

Lets be honest, he had a poor season last year. On that form he'll need to head to Malta to get a game.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dezy94 said:

If McNamara does play for us this season - probably not until January 2017 considering the MLS playoffs don't finish until November - hopefully this is what we have to look forward to. 

youtube.com/watch?v=zPhY3u33rDA

Is there actually a rumour that he would come over or are you speculating? I can't see it happening, personally.

23 hours ago, Andrew Edmonds said:

Does he know something we don't?

Screenshot_20160725-075327.png

@Falastur

3 hours ago, Falastur said:

Is there actually a rumour that he would come over or are you speculating? I can't see it happening, personally.

From memory there was only 1 tweet regarding Kilkenny. So make of it what you will.

Edited by Jovan

16 hours ago, Andrew Edmonds said:

Screenshot_20160725-171921.png

I won't miss him too much tbh. With all these midfield signings, somethings gotta give.

In reality, he had a breakout season a couple of years ago when the next best options were Retre, Murdocca and Liam fucking Miller. Since then he has struggled to make the grade IMO. I love his attitude but his actual ability leaves a bit to be desired.

Having said all this, I would wish him well wherever he chooses to go.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, loriente said:

I won't miss him too much tbh. With all these midfield signings, somethings gotta give.

In reality, he had a breakout season a couple of years ago when the next best options were Retre, Murdocca and Liam fucking Miller. Since then he has struggled to make the grade IMO. I love his attitude but his actual ability leaves a bit to be desired.

Having said all this, I would wish him well wherever he chooses to go.

Ditto. He gives his all for the team when he's on the ground.

11 hours ago, HeartOfCity said:

So any chance we're going to sign a Marquee this off season? Obviously Bruno is "going" to be one, but who is the other. Am getting a bit fed up tbh. 

Tend to agree. You'd think we would want to have our full complement of visa players, meaning two more to come, but you never really know what City is thinking. IIRC the signing of the very big name was only ever referred to a couple of times in the media, and there have been absolutely no rumours as to who it is or might be. We do have 20 players in the squad, so we don't actually have to sign any more although you would think if we want to be competitive we ought to.
Cahill if he comes would be a supernumerary. But that also seems to be dragging on and on.
70 days to our first league match though - still time I guess.

9 minutes ago, jw1739 said:

Tend to agree. You'd think we would want to have our full complement of visa players, meaning two more to come, but you never really know what City is thinking. IIRC the signing of the very big name was only ever referred to a couple of times in the media, and there have been absolutely no rumours as to who it is or might be. We do have 20 players in the squad, so we don't actually have to sign any more although you would think if we want to be competitive we ought to.
Cahill if he comes would be a supernumerary. But that also seems to be dragging on and on.
70 days to our first league match though - still time I guess.

With two visa spots remaining should we use these two on a CB & AM? Or a CB & LB?

In addition to the glaring weaknesses at the back, I think we have always needed a squaddie  game changing forward that can come on in the last 15 mins. Roar's Henrique of course being a prime example.

Sort of like a Davo, but more like a sharpshooter than a blind man wielding a blunderbuss.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Cloughie said:

In addition to the glaring weaknesses at the back, I think we have always needed a squaddie  game changing forward that can come on in the last 15 mins. Roar's Henrique of course being a prime example.

Sort of like a Davo, but more like a sharpshooter than a blind man wielding a blunderbuss.

Hopefully that can be Corey Gamiero

5 hours ago, Heart of oakleigh said:

With two visa spots remaining should we use these two on a CB & AM? Or a CB & LB?

I'd have said the latter. We've got so many forwards and midfielders already that another AM is just going to push a quality player out of the starting line-up. So stiffen the defence first.

• Like 1

Troisi reportedly joining an A-League club imminently, and it reportedly won't be Adelaide United:

Socceroo James Troisi close to A-League deal

VAL MIGLIACCIO

30 July, 2016

ADELAIDE-BORN Socceroo James Troisi is close to signing with an A-League club but it’s unlikely to be Adelaide United.

It’s understood Adelaide did investigate the possibility of signing Troisi three weeks ago but negotiations went quiet.

But an announcement of Troisi’s return to the A-League is imminent after his stint with Chinese club Liaoning Whowin went horribly wrong nearly two months ago.

Troisi, 28, was deregistered by the club after former Adelaide United midfielder Dario Vidosic was signed by Liaoning after a run with Western Sydney last season.

Troisi was resigned to training alone at the Chinese club’s headquarters knowing he couldn’t get a game given his club had filled its foreign quota.

It will be Troisi’s second stint in the A-League after he was part of Melbourne Victory’s squad in 2014.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/sport/football/a-league/teams/adelaide/socceroo-james-troisi-close-to-aleague-deal/news-story/d6749d6292f84595f8cb1589d95c4feb

Also, Swedish player Erik Israelsson has reportedly attracted interest "from Melbourne in Australia", and his club might be forced to let him move:

Revealing: Bajen may be forced to sell Israelsson - this is the clause

Andreas Sundberg

29-07-2016

Erik Israelsson want to leave Hammarby. 
Bajen do not want to sell but may be forced because of a buy-out clause that reportedly Soccer Channel is 75 000, approximately 714 000 SEK. 
- I can not comment, says Mats Jingblad.

With eight goals and two assists in 15 games, Erik Israelsson was one of Hammarby's most important players. Soccer Channel experience that the central midfielder wants to leave Bajen this summer, and the club may be forced to sell.Israelsson namely has a buy-out clause of just EUR 75 000 [$110,000 AUD], about 714 000 kronor, if any club from North America or Oceania want to buy him.

- What is in the players' contracts, I can not comment, saying Hammarby's sporting director Mats Jingblad.

Soccer Channel experience that during the summer has been interest in Israelsson, including from Melbourne in Australia, also Expressen has stated, and from Kuban Krasnodar who went out of the Russian top league.

- There has been interest from various clubs earlier in the year, but right now there is nothing that is in the news, says Jingblad.

In February extended Erik Israelsson contract with Hammarby, which extends to 2018, that's when he got into this clause.

http://www.fotbollskanalen.se/allsvenskan/avslojar-bajen-kan-tvingas-salja-israelsson---har-ar-klausulen/

Edited by Murfy1
  • Like 1

• jw1739 pinned this topic